Ch. 5 Pt. 2

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-V.II-

 

Jennie stares at herself in the mirror, dressed quite casually but still fashionably since she doesn't want to mess this up looking bad. She'd rather not mess up, period, but she knows not everything in life just pieces itself together perfectly. Life doesn't work that way. It never really does.

 

Just as she's about to leave her room, her phone rings with a call from Chaeyoung.

 

“Hello?” Jennie answers the call, slowly pacing around her room, “Rosie, is everything okay there?”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry about me,” She says dismissively, making Jennie feel even more concerned, “I actually called because I’m worried about you, unnie.”

 

Jennie sighs at that. Ever since she’d accidentally spilled the beans to Rosé during one of their practice sessions, she’s been bugging her a lot more about her feelings for Jisoo. But Jennie can understand where she’s coming from, she pestered Rosie the same way when she told Jennie about her not-so-little crush on Lisa.

 

Look where that got them now. Happily together, and in Thailand to have a good time with Lisa’s family. Hopefully.

 

If everything goes okay.

 

“Are you sure you both are okay?” Jennie persists, ignoring Rosé’s concern for her to put her dongsaeng first, “You don’t have to pretend just because we’re on vacation, you know. Jisoo and I are here for you both,” Jennie continues.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie,” Rosé answers, and Jennie can practically hear the smile in her voice and sighs in relief, “Lisa told her parents about us, and they’re shocked, understandably, but they’re more than just fine with it! You don’t know how relieved I feel, unnie…” Rosé breathes out dreamily, like all of her wishes have just come true.

 

Jennie couldn’t be any happier for Rosé when she eagerly listens to her stories about how Lisa’s parents took everything in earlier today. Chaeyoung might’ve probably gone on and on until night turns into day, but Jennie spots the time on the wall clock as they’re conversing.

 

“Rosie, I’m sorry to interrupt, but I have to go. I have plans with Jisoo tonight,” Jennie says apologetically, and Rosé suddenly squeals.

 

“Ooh! Is it  a date?” Rosé asks immediately and Jennie can already imagine the bright grin on her face. Jennie’s brief silence sends the loud vocalist to scream, “It’s definitely a date, isn’t it?!”

 

“It’s not,” Jennie answers curtly, cutting through Chaeyoung's screaming as she hears the younger girl swiftly call for Lisa. It doesn’t take long until both of them are listening in, the phone on speaker and shared between the couple.

 

“Look you guys, it really isn’t a date,” Jennie emphasizes again, “But I do plan to confess to her tonight… I really have to go now though, I— I’ll tell you both all about it later,” She explains as she locks the door to her hotel room.

 

“Oh, what do you have planned?” Lisa asks eagerly, “Keep us with you, unnie!” She can hear the maknae clapping her hands together.

 

“Well the beach looks beautiful at night… and I have a ring,” Jennie mutters, heat already rising to her cheeks as she pushes the elevator button with a bit too much force, “But I am not keeping you both on call. What if everything goes wrong?”

 

Both Chaeyoung and Lisa scream even louder when they hear the word ring and Jennie regrets mentioning that little detail. Huffing, the rapper reaches right above her chest,  where her own ring and Jisoo’s rest together around an elegant chain.

 

“Unnie, don’t think like that!” Chaeyoung exclaims encouragingly, “What if everything goes right?”

“Yeah!” Lisa pipes up, “What’s the worst that could happen, anyway? Jisoo unnie is your best friend!”

 

“But what if things change? I’ve told you both this already; I can’t risk our dynamic… The whole group would be a mess,” Jennie voices out the fears that's been constantly eating at her mind.

 

The pair on the other end understand her completely, having been in the same situation before. What she’s saying isn’t new information, really, Jennie thinks as the elevator dings and slowly opens. 

 

The older girl can’t help but think how Lisa and Chaeyoung’s relationship hasn’t ruined the group’s dynamic at all… Although Jisoo has yet to discover the maknae’s relationship status yet. Jennie isn’t particularly worried about that, however.

 

“Despite all of that unnie,” Rosé says in a calm tone,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter