Ch. 5 Pt. I

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-V.I-

 

The moment Blackpink finally gets a break that lasts more than just a day is when Jisoo happily invites Jennie on a trip to Jeju with her family. She quite literally jumps at Jennie to ask as soon as they get home after a day of hectic schedules.

 

Jennie is quick to accept, with her heart pounding because of both the shock and Jisoo’s face just mere inches from hers as the older of the two straddles her lap like it's nothing, but she can't deny how her stomach turns at the thought.

 

It's not that Jennie doesn't like Jisoo's family— she loves them like her own— and they adore her too. It's just, ever since she's realized that her feelings towards her best friend turn out to be a lot more than just platonic love she can’t help but feel nervous.

 

For what? She’s not exactly sure herself.

 

It’s not like Jisoo would return those feelings, anyway.

 

She sighs as she spots Jisoo zooming over to ask both Chaeyoung and Lisa to join in, but it seems they already have plans as Lisa loudly explains that she's already invited Chaeyoung to meet her family in Thailand and sends winks and finger guns at Jennie. Jennie rolls her eyes playfully, knowing that Lisa introducing her girlfriend (She honestly doesn't know when it happened, she just caught them in one of their make out sessions with Rosie looking like she wanted to disappear as soon as Jennie cleared ) to her family is a leap of both faith and courage since the couple isn't exactly out yet, and only Jennie knows of their true relationship status.

 

Meanwhile Jisoo pretends to be mad at first, knowing Lisa's dad is a chef and she goes on and on with, 'why didn't you invite me too?! aren't I the number one food critique in this household?! Why isn't Jennie invited either, she's our chef and you're useless at cooking!' until she breaks character laughing, telling them to at least get some souvenirs.


 

 

Besides the endless waves of the sea and the never-ending golden sand of Jeju Island, Jisoo’s family just won’t stop eating as well. It seems that every other time is snack time for them, and even until today Jennie doesn’t understand how they could eat so much right before swimming… and in general, really. She even spots Jisoo’s older brother with an ice cream cone as he settles down on one of the many beach beds.

 

“Jendeukie, are you okay?” Jisoo asks, noticing Jennie’s sluggish movements as they approach the shallow waters. 

 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Jennie tries to placate her best friend’s worries, “It’s just… I’m really full, that’s all,” She says as the pair wade deeper into the water.

 

“Full?” Jisoo pouts, “Jendeukie-ah, you barely ate! Maybe you’re still hungry?” Her best friend tries to suggest as she holds on to Jennie’s hand underwater.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter