Ch. 4 Pt. 1

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-IV.I-

As their training goes on, Jisoo and Jennie watch other trainees debut and some quit as they slowly move forward, supporting each other through their many ups and downs.

 

Besides their close friends such as Nayeon and Jihyo who are trainees from JYP, both Jennie and Jisoo haven't made a lot of friends inside their own company. The competition inside is too fierce to make friends, and it doesn't help that the trainees still feel threatened by Jennie's presence. 

 

Ever since she arrived, everyone's noticed that the company's put a lot of attention on her. Jennie Kim’s got it all; the looks, the talent (a triple threat at that!) and she can even speak English perfectly! It's strikingly obvious that she's going to debut in the future. Despite Jennie's intimidating looks, Jisoo knows that it's just a front she has to keep harm away from herself. She’s really just as soft as a dumpling in reality. This is why Jisoo makes sure to always be there to protect her.

 

That is until two foreign trainees arrive in the company almost simultaneously. Park Chaeyoung is a Korean who's lived in Australia for most of her life, and Lalisa Manoban is a foreigner from Thailand. Both of them can barely speak the language and Jisoo can already hear the other trainees whispering amongst themselves, further alienating the two newbies. It's already bad enough that they both stick out like sore thumbs with how tall they are. Frowning at the gossiping girls, she pulls Jennie with her towards the two new trainees.

 

"Hi, I'm Jisoo!" She says with the English she (barely) knows, "This is Jennie! She's English too!" Jisoo grins eagerly, then quickly looks at Jennie, "Jendeukie, help me talk to them," She says in Korean.

 

The two trainees crack a smile at Jisoo. It’s the first set of genuine smiles she’s seen from them ever since they got here, "Hello. I'm Chaeyoung," The first one introduces herself in Korean with a soft voice and a hurried bow, as if she forgot that she had to. Jisoo wants to protect her.

 

"Hi, I'm Lisa," The taller girl introduces herself with a small smile and broken Korean. When she bows, her bangs get in the way and she has to fix them on the way back up. Jisoo wants to protect her.

 

"Hey, I'm Jennie," Jennie introduces herself coolly in English. Jennie's accent seems to make Chaeyoung very excited, "You guys don't have to be so formal with us," She continues with a smile and that breaks the ice quickly.

 

"You're an Aussie too?!" Chaeyoung says loudly in English, "The accent!" Jisoo doesn't understand a thing, but Jennie seems to be clarifying something, and they all suddenly jump into a conversation that Jisoo can’t understand completely. Either way, Jisoo’s happy the two new trainees have someone they can relate to now.

 

When they all start talking amongst each other excitedly, Jennie translates most of the conversation back and forth so Jisoo wouldn't be left out, adding in her own comments too. Jisoo hopes it isn't too much of a bother for Jennie. She knows that her best friend isn't one to talk to new people so readily, but when she sees Jennie's gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter