Ch. 1

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-I-

 

The first time Jisoo sees Jennie, she finds her crying on her first day of school.

 

The playground is no place to be sad, Jisoo thinks as she grabs her bucket of candy. The girl even has stamps on her arm! Jisoo knows that it means that she did well today. Her teacher said so! But why is she sad?

 

A five-and-a-half year old Jisoo stands up from her place in the sandbox, waddling her way over to the crying girl on the swing.

 

"What's wrong?" Jisoo asks, looking down at the teary-eyed girl.

 

The girl in question sniffles and looks at Jisoo, "Wanna go home, no friends here.”

 

She suddenly falls back into silence, with both of her hands quickly covering . More tears track down her fluffy cheeks.

 

Jisoo doesn't seem to mind the girl's sudden silence as she exclaims, "I can be your friend!"

 

"Mama said not to talk to strangers," The small girl mumbles and wipes at her cheeks with her hands.

 

Jisoo grabs the girl's sticky hand and shakes it enthusiastically, "I'm Jisoo! What's your name?" She introduces herself, smiling even brighter when she realizes that both of the girl's arms are filled with star stamps, "My Eomma said we can't be strangers if we know names!"

 

That seems to make sense to a four year old Jennie as she clumsily stands up.

 

"Okay, I-- I'm Jennie. I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter