Epilogue

Ms. Independent

PDF will be out some time next week or next, next week. 


 

“Taeyeon-ah, let’s go!”

 

She heard loud voice but ignored it. She was too busy for that. She stifled a curse when she failed to do the last button of her shirt after several tries. The little thing kept slipping out of her grip thanks to her sweaty fingers. It took everything in her not to rip the shirt off and wear a new one – because honestly, that seemed a whole lot easier to do.

 

“Relax,” Tiffany said and chuckled as she watched Taeyeon by the door. She had been waiting for almost thirty minutes and the girl was still not ready. She walked closer to Taeyeon when she was ignored again. She swatted her hands away and did the button herself. “There, all done.”

 

“Thanks,” Taeyeon mumbled, still slightly miffed about not being able to do it herself.

 

Tiffany laughed and kissed her cheek. “What’s wrong with you today?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “I’m nervous.” She lifted her shaking hands as proof. She looked down at the clothes she was wearing. “Are you sure this is okay? I mean, do they even like blue? What if they like pink just like you? And my shoes! Are you–”

 

Tiffany held both her hands to pull her closer before letting go and putting her own arms around Taeyeon’s neck. “Relax. There’s nothing to worry about.”

 

Taeyeon groaned but still wound her arms around Tiffany’s waist. “How can I relax? This is a big deal. If they don’t like me then…” She was close to losing her mind. If things didn’t turn out well, she could lose Tiffany. She couldn’t let that happen.

 

The younger girl chuckled. “Everything will be alright, trust me.” She gave Taeyeon a couple of pecks on the lips to ease her worries. “Besides, I’ll be there; I won’t leave you.”

 

Taeyeon pouted but didn’t say anything. Tiffany’s words and lips comforted her a little but the anxiety was still there.

 

Tiffany kissed the pout then patted Taeyeon’s cheek. “They will love you. Believe me, okay? Now let’s go. We don’t want them to keep waiting.” She let go of Taeyeon after one final kiss then went out of the room.

 

“Right.” Taeyeon looked at the mirror for one last time and took a deep breath. She grabbed her purse from the bed before following Tiffany out the room.

 

-

 

Tiffany held back a laugh as she held Taeyeon’s sweaty hand. She tried calming Taeyeon down back in the car on their way there, but it was no use. If anything, Taeyeon became even more apprehensive the moment she parked the car.

 

She squeezed the girl’s hand. “I told you to relax,” she whispered as they walked together to their destination.

 

“Right, I’m sorry,” Taeyeon said in a shaky voice.

 

Tiffany smiled at her as both of them stopped in front of two gravestones. She let go of her girlfriend’s hand and stepped forward to greet her parents. “Hi Mom, Dad. How are you guys? I miss you.” Tears started to well up in her eyes as she stared at the grey headstones where her parents’ names were written. She felt a hand rubbing her back and turned her head to smile gratefully at Taeyeon. She motioned for her to stand beside her. “Mom, Dad, I brought someone with me, and no, it’s not Uncle this time. It’s someone else.”

 

Taeyeon tensed up. Her hand behind Tiffany stopped moving; frozen.

 

Tiffany reached out for the hand and held it tight. She lightly squeezed it and gave Taeyeon a small smile before looking back at her parents’ graves. “Mom, Dad, this is Taeyeon.”

 

Not knowing what to do, Taeyeon stiffly bowed. “N-nice t-to meet y-you, Mr. and Mrs. H-hwang. I’m K-kim Taeyeon.”

 

“My girlfriend,” Tiffany beamed.

 

Taeyeon stayed bowing. “A-ah, y-yes. I-I’ll take care of her. I p-promise I won’t hurt her. I love her.” The last sentence was the only one she managed to say without stammering.

 

Tiffany giggled. “I love her too.”

 

And that was all it took to calm Taeyeon down.

 

-

 

“You didn’t have to tell them about that,” Tiffany pouted as she settled herself in the car seat and fastened her seatbelt.

 

Taeyeon chuckled as she did the same. “But it was really funny.” She laughed loudly when she remembered the time when Tiffany randomly blurted out how she liked her coffee prepared during a dinner at Jessica’s.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, feigning annoyance when in truth, she was happy that the girl finally became comfortable in front of her parents. She had always dreamt of introducing that special someone to the two people that gave her life and she was glad she finally got to do so after twenty-seven years.

 

Taeyeon’s laughter eventually died down as she drove past the cemetery gates. She glanced at Tiffany. “Where to?”

 

“Is it okay if we make another stop before going home?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Half an hour later, Taeyeon drove that car into a familiar gate. She didn’t need to be told where to go so she drove on without Tiffany’s directions. She stepped on the brakes and put the car on park when she found a parking spot and took off her seatbelt before turning to Tiffany, who was taking a deep breath with her eyes closed. “Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany opened her eyes and turned her head. She nodded and smiled a small one. “Yes. Let’s go?”

 

Taeyeon nodded and turned off the engine. She stepped out of the vehicle and waited for Tiffany to do the same before locking the doors. Tiffany walked up to her and reached out to hold her hand. She held on it tightly and they went on to visit Auntie Hwang’s tomb.

 

They stopped and stared at the headstone in silence, never letting go of each other’s hands, until Tiffany broke the silence. “I miss her.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t do anything but squeeze the hand in hers.

 

“She may not have been the best aunt, but I still loved her. Uncle loved her so much too. I’ve forgiven her, you know. She might not know it but she helped shape me into who I am today. If not for her, I might still be the same frail girl from before.” She sighed and turned to Taeyeon. “I just hope she’s at peace wherever she is right now. And I hope she forgives me too.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and let go of Tiffany’s hand to put right arm around her shoulders. “I’m sure she is. And I’m pretty sure she already did.”

 

They stayed that way for a few more minutes before the couple finally decided to leave.

 

-

 

“I’m going to take a quick shower before we start packing, okay?” Tiffany waited for Taeyeon to nod before giving her a quick peck on the lips and strolled to the bathroom.

 

“I’ll be in the kitchen! I’m hungry!” Taeyeon yelled after her.

 

“Okay!” Tiffany yelled back from the bathroom.

 

She made her way to the kitchen to make herself a quick snack. She refused to eat breakfast that morning because she wanted to take all the time she could to prepare herself in meeting Tiffany’s parents. Her stomach was grumbling. Luckily, she found a leftover sandwich from the night before and heated it in the microwave.

 

She munched on the sandwich in record time, surprising herself. She was hungrier than she thought. She washed the plate and glass she used before heading to the bedroom to start packing.

 

They were going to Jeonju for a short weekend trip with her parents and Hayeon. She was beyond excited. She hadn’t been there for more than half a year and she missed the place. Plus, it was only fair for her to take Tiffany to her hometown after the girl introduced her to her parents. It felt like taking another step in their relationship.

 

She opened the door to their shared bedroom only for her jaw to drop at the sight before her. A half- Tiffany was standing in front of the closet, hands on her hips. Taeyeon tried hard not to gape but it was close to impossible when all she could see was Tiffany’s pale, white skin staring back at her.

 

She thought it was the most perfect thing she ever saw…

 

…that was until Tiffany turned around.

 

She stared. Hard.

 

“Yah!”

 

A pillow flew to her face causing her to stumble back to regain her balance.

 

“ert!”

 

Her eyes looked back up at Tiffany and she laughed when she saw Tiffany covering her half- body with her hands. It didn’t do much, honestly. Taeyeon still got a perfect view of whatever it is she tried to hide.

 

She smirked as her eyes traveled down to Tiffany’s chest. “You know what’s nice?”

 

Tiffany was confused but answered anyway. “What?”

 

“Your bra, honey.”

 

She laughed and ran away before another pillow could make its way to her face.

 

-

 

It took her an hour of coaxing before she could calm Tiffany down. The girl was fuming mad; her eyes were burning, and so were her cheeks ­­– although Taeyeon thought the latter could be because of embarrassment.

 

They had just finished packing the things they needed for the trip and were now on the bed, cuddling. They weren’t sleepy yet so they decided to snuggle against each other and talk.

 

“What’s it like in Jeonju?”

 

“Oh you’re going to love it there! The fresh air, the calming sights and sounds, our neighbors– omo, you’re going to love our neighbors! Especially that one ahjumma that lives down the street! She’s so nice!”

 

Tiffany could only smile as Taeyeon began telling her about how the ahjumma would give her and Hayeon free food whenever they’d pass by her home. Taeyeon then continued to tell her about her friends. A thought came to Tiffany’s mind that made her glum. “I’m sorry you had to leave all that behind for me.”

 

Taeyeon stopped talking immediately and looked at the somber girl beside her. “What are you talking about?”

 

“I’m sorry you had to leave home.”

 

“What? But this is my home now.”

 

Tiffany stayed quiet as she buried her face in the space between Taeyeon’s neck and shoulder. She couldn’t let Taeyeon see her crying.

 

“Hey, look at me.” Taeyeon turned to her side, nudging Tiffany to do the same. She looked at the sad pair of eyes, already wet with tears. She wiped them and said, “Do you know the saying ‘home is where the heart is’?”

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

“Well, my heart is with you and my family. You’re all in Seoul, so my home is Seoul.”

 

“But…”

 

“I can still visit Jeonju anytime I want. And you’ll come with me right?”

 

“Of course!”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Then everything’s fine. I’d miss Jeonju from time to time but my family’s here. You’re here. What more could I ask for? I have everything I need here in Seoul.”

 

She smiled through her tears and leaned closer to kiss Taeyeon’s lips. It was supposed to be a quick one but Taeyeon held the back of her neck just as she was about to pull away. She felt Taeyeon pushing her to lie on her back. The older girl went on top of her as they continued the kiss.

 

Taeyeon pulled away after a moment and looked at her in the eyes. “I love you.”

 

She smiled, her eyes twinkling, at the heartfelt confession. “I love you too.”

 

“So…” Taeyeon started as she leaned down to give Tiffany’s neck small kisses, “are you still wearing that bra?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and pinched Taeyeon’s hip, earning a yelp from the girl on top of her. “Why do you always have to ruin the mood?” She started pushing the girl off her but Taeyeon resisted.

 

“No, no, I’m sorry.” Taeyeon tried leaning down to kiss her again but Tiffany turned her head.

 

“Nope. Lost your chance. Besides, we have an early day tomorrow. We better sleep now or else we won’t wake up on time.” Tiffany finally succeeded in pushing Taeyeon off her.

 

Taeyeon groaned as she lay down on her side of the bed.

 

Tiffany laughed when Taeyeon turned to her side, back facing her. She scooted closer and slipped her arm around the older girl’s waist. She kissed the back of Taeyeon’s neck and rested her head on her back. “I love you. Goodnight.”

 

Taeyeon sighed before turning around. “I love you too.” She kissed Tiffany’s forehead and hugged her closer. “Goodnight.”

 

-

 

“Ugh!” She closed her eyes the moment her head hit the pillow. She was dead tired. She spent the whole day touring Tiffany around her hometown; showing her the different places she used to frequent when she was younger.

 

She felt the bed shift as another body laid down beside hers then an arm resting on her stomach.

 

“Tired?”

 

She shivered when she felt hot air enter her ear. She hummed in response as she shifted to lie on her side, facing Tiffany, still with her eyes closed. She felt Tiffany comb her fingers through her hair and sighed in content.

 

“Thanks for bringing me around your hometown.”

 

“No problem.”

 

“It’s nice to see where you grew up and the places where you spent most of your time in. It feels like I know you a lot better now. Like how dorky you were as a kid, and how addicted you were to jelly.”

 

Taeyeon groaned against her neck. “Don’t tease. Jellies taste good.”

 

Tiffany laughed and leaned down to kiss Taeyeon’s hair. “You’re such a kid.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“No, I’m not!” Taeyeon said then opened her eyes to glare at the laughing Tiffany.

 

“Then how come Ahjumma Baek told me about how you’d be more excited to be given jellies than Hayeon?”

 

“Wha– Hayeon’s just good at hiding her true feelings!”

 

Tiffany couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Yah!” Huffing, she pushed herself up and straddled Tiffany on the hips, effectively stopping the girl from laughing.

 

“Yah! Get off of me!”

 

“No! I’ll prove to you that I’m not a kid!” She quickly dove down to capture Tiffany’s lips, not allowing the younger girl to protest. Soon enough, Tiffany started to kiss back. Hands started roaming around each other’s body, totally engrossed in their kiss, ignoring the noises from outside the room.

 

Taeyeon trailed her lips from Tiffany’s lips down to her jaw line, giving it small kisses and soft nibbles. Just as her hands were about to move to a sensitive spot, the door swung open.

 

“You guys won’t believe what just hap– OH MY GOD! MY EYES! MY EYES!”

 

The couple broke off the kiss and turned their heads towards the door, only to see the back of Hyoyeon’s head as she ran away from the room screaming.

 

-END-

 


**Edited the last bit. It was originally Hyoyeon hence the "Hey guys", so I decided to change it back. sorry for the confusion! 

Sorry if it was below expectation but that was all my brain could squeeze out right now. The last part was just a last minute addition tbh so it was a little random lol

Anyway, thanks to all 300+ subscribers! I honestly wasn't expecting that much but I am thankful for each and everyone of you. I may not have had the chance to talk everyone (since most are silent readers *ahem*) but still, thank you for reading something that wasn't even going to be posted online initially. I still don't know what made me do so eventually, but I'm glad I did because I met tons of new friends. No need to name names because you know who you guys are. 

I'm always happy to make new ones so if you want to talk to me or spazz with me (or date me lol), follow me on Twitter: @hwaitaengoo_ or on Tumblr: bosstaengoo

I will be taking a long break from writing and hopefully come back with a more interesting plot and a better command of the English language.

Please keep supporting not only TaeNy, but also the rest of the girls. OT9 beats OTP any day.

Thank you again! GG!