Chapter 16

Ms. Independent

A/N: Weee! See how much I love you guys? An update! Wee! You’ll find out who Sunny is to Taeyeon, and... something else... :D

Welcome new readers!

Enjoy!


 

 

“So that’s how we met!” Taeyeon said as she finished telling Sooyoung and the others how she and Sunny met back in Jeonju.

 

“Ohhh... that’s nice. So... you’re basically childhood friends and nothing more?” Jessica asked.

 

“We’re best friends! Practically sisters!”

 

“Whew! I thought she was your girlfriend ‘cause you two seem close,” said Yuri.

 

Sunny and Taeyeon laughed. “That’s funny ‘cause Sunny’s actually my cousin’s girlfriend. I even helped them get together.”

 

“Oh, so you have a girlfriend, Sunny-ssi?” Yoona asked.

 

Sunny nodded. “Just call me Sunny, all of you. Anyway, yes, I do. Her name’s Hyoyeon, and she’s Taeyeon’s cousin. She’s not here with me now because of work.”

 

Yoona and the other three nodded. 

 

Jessica smirked to herself as she thought of a plan.

 

---

 

After work, Tiffany came home to an empty apartment. She sighed. “She must be still with Sunny,” she said with a frown, “stupid apartment.”

 

Just as she plopped down the couch, her front door opened. She heard voices by the door and decided to listen.

 

“Thanks for the ride. It’s a good thing you decided to rent a car. Saved us a lot of time,” she thought Taeyeon must be talking to her blonde companion. “And thanks for helping me with these. Tiffany’s gonna love ‘em!”

 

She raised an eyebrow upon hearing her name. She shifted a bit to look at the people by the door. 

 

Bad idea. 

 

She saw Sunny giving Taeyeon a kiss on the cheeks before the older girl pulled her in for a hug. They separated and Taeyeon waited for Sunny to be out of her sight before closing the door.

 

She returned to her previous position, pretending to not have heard, or seen, Sunny and Taeyeon’s interaction.

 

Taeyeon walked up to her with a big smiled plastered on her face. “Good evening. I brought dinner.” She lifted up the bags that Sunny helped her carry awhile ago. “I’m just going to prepare this then we can ha-”

 

“I’m not hungry. Had a big sandwich during break time.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “Oh... but it’s been hours since break time. Wait, break time?” she slapped her forehead, “omo! I forgot that I was supposed to bring you something to eat! I’m sorry. I guess I had too much fun and didn’t notice the time. I was with Sunny and-”

 

Had too much fun? Apartment-hunting? Really? 

 

“You don’t really have to give me an explanation. I told you not to come and you didn’t so everything’s fine,” she said as she turned her gaze back to the TV.

 

Taeyeon frowned. “I’m still sorry though. I promised and I forgot,” she saw Tiffany shrug, “I’ll make it up to you. I’m not going with Sunny tomorrow so for sure I’ll be there during break time.” She smiled at Tiffany although the other girl was still facing the TV. She then left for the kitchen.

 

When Tiffany was sure that Taeyeon was out of the room, a smile made it’s way to her face at the thought of finally being able to be with Taeyeon again for the whole day tomorrow.

 

---

 

Taeyeon prepared dinner and called Tiffany after.

 

“I told you, I’m not hungry.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I’m not giving you any food. I just called you to ask you if you wanted to watch another movie,” she placed her plate on the coffee table in front of the sofa and made her way to her room. She came back out after a few seconds holding a DVD. “Sunny said it was nice so we bought it earlier,” she handed it to Tiffany. 

 

Tiffany looked at the cover. A romantic film? And she bought it with Sunny?

 

“Why don’t you watch it with her then?” She couldn’t help it.

 

Taeyeon pouted as she sat down beside the other girl. “But I want to watch it with you.”

 

Tiffany let out a small smile.

 

Taeyeon saw it and smiled as well. “See. You want to watch it with me too. So come on.” She grabbed the DVD from Tiffany and inserted it on the player.

 

---

 

15 minutes into the movie and they heard a low grumble. Taeyeon paused the movie and looked around the room. “What was that?” she asked Tiffany without looking at her.

 

Tiffany put a hand over her stomach. “I don’t know,” she lied.

 

“Oh?” Taeyeon turned her head, just after Tiffany put her hand down, “Maybe it was just my imagination,” she shrugged and pressed play.

 

The movie played for another five minutes when they head another grumble, louder than the previous one. Taeyeon paused the movie once more. “Okay, that was so not my imagination. What do you think it is?”

 

Tiffany shrugged but smiled sheepishly when her stomach grumbled again. Taeyeon looked at her and laughed. “You don’t know huh?” Tiffany glared at her but she remained unfazed. “I guess you’re hungry too. I’ll get you some food.” She moved to stand but a hand on her wrist held her back.

 

“I’ll get it myself,” she stood up but froze when Taeyeon grasped her hand.

 

“No, I’ll get it. Didn’t I tell you I’ll make it up to you? Let me do this for you.”

 

Tiffany didn’t say anything as she was still frozen in her place. Taeyeon took her silence as a yes and pulled her hand to make her sit down. Taeyeon let go of Tiffany’s hand and stood up to go to the kitchen.

 

Tiffany was still frozen. She looked at the hand Taeyeon held and smiled widely. All the anger and disappointment she felt earlier vanished when she felt Taeyeon’s warm hands holding hers.

 

She snapped out of her thoughts when Taeyeon came back and handed her a plate. “You know, I’m glad you aren’t stubborn anymore. Loosen up more, ‘kay? I like you better that way,” she smiled at Tiffany and sat down before pressing play and continuing to eat.

 

Struggling to hide her smile, Tiffany decided to shove a spoonful of food into and turned her attention back to the movie.

 

---

 

They finished eating a few minutes and continued to watch the film.

 

Half an hour later, Tiffany heard light snores and suddenly felt a weight her shoulder. She turned her head to the side and saw Taeyeon’s head resting on her shoulder. Taeyeon snored loudly and Tiffany wanted to laugh so hard but decided against it as the older girl might wake up.

 

She shifted a bit to make the position more comfortable for the two of them. She rested her head against Taeyeon’s. She was facing the TV but was more focused on Taeyeon’s steady breathing rather than the movie.

 

Okay, so maybe I do like her.

 

She smiled and closed her eyes.

 

I love movies.

 

---

 

Once again, Taeyeon woke up first the next day. She opened her eyes and noticed that her head was tilted to the side. She tried lifting her head but found it difficult as she felt an additional weight holding it down. She lifted her arm and, with her hand, tried to hold on to whatever it was resting on top of her head.

 

She felt her fingers touch... hair?

 

Her eyes shifted to stare at the TV in front of her that now showed a black screen, hoping to see her reflection and, if possible, whatever it was on top of her head. 

 

On the reflection, she saw her head leaning on Tiffany’s shoulder while the other girl’s head was leaning on hers.

 

It was the second time they watched a movie and the second time they end up in a compromising position.

 

Not that I mind.

 

She smiled at the sight.

 

She took a couple more minutes to stare at their reflection before deciding that she should make breakfast. She slowly slid away, supporting Tiffany’s head with her hand and gently moved the girl to lie on the couch.

 

Tiffany stirred but continued sleeping. 

 

---

 

After preparing breakfast, Taeyeon walked to the living room and found Tiffany still sleeping soundly. She walked closer and knelt in front of the girl’s face. She was again mumbling something. Taeyeon, of course, moved closer. 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Please don’t blame him. It was my fault.”

 

Taeyeon backed away a bit. There she goes again, apologizing for something I know nothing about. It’s not my place to ask though.

 

She was busy with her thoughts that she didn’t notice the sleeping girl’s eyes were already open. 

 

Tiffany was watching her with a small smile on her face. She decided to tease the distracted girl, “You really love watching me sleep, don’t you?”

 

Taeyeon was surprised and jerked away. She saw Tiffany laughing, clutching her stomach, as she slowly sat up.

 

She smiled then smirked, deciding to tease the girl back. “What if I say, ‘yes’? You look cute sleeping anyway,” she winked then laughed loudly.

 

Tiffany froze at that. She was certainly not expecting that kind of response. Although she knew Taeyeon was only teasing, her face grew hotter by the second. 

 

She threw a cushion at the still laughing girl and ran to her room while covering her face. She managed to mumble, “I’ll wash up,” before closing the door. 

 

“Ouch!” the cushion hit Taeyeon directly on the face and sent her falling backwards to the floor. “Nice aim,” she nodded her head, impressed. She placed the cushion on the couch. “I’ll be at the kitchen!” she shouted towards Tiffany’s closed door before making her way to the kitchen.