Chapter 13

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: You guys really like Mr. Hwang huh? Maybe I should make him a bad person, then. 

 

 

 

 

Nah, just kidding. Haha :) 

Oh, did you know that I got more comments and new subs when I posted Taengoo's Twinkle teaser? Maybe I should post more of that rather than updates. Hahaha :)) kidding, I love you all!

Anyway... enjoy! :) *btw, let’s welcome the new readers! Welcome!


 

 

 

“Sunny!” Taeyeon shouted as she pulled the other girl for a tight hug.

 

Sunny returned the hug just as tight. “How are you Taeng?” she asked, still hugging Taeyeon.

 

“I’m fine!” Taeyeon said and broke the hug. “I’ve missed you. What are you doing here?”

 

Sunny didn’t answer as her eyes shifted their gaze to the person slightly frowning behind Taeyeon. She bowed and smiled at the girl.

 

Taeyeon saw the gesture and looked behind her. “Ah, Tiffany. I want you to meet someone.” She pulled Sunny inside the house before closing the door. She dragged her towards Tiffany.

 

“Sunny, this is Tiffany, my boss slash friend,” Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon’s way of introducing her, “and Tiffany, this is Sunny, my-”

 

Sunny cut Taeyeon before the girl can finish. “Hi, Tiffany-ssi. Nice to meet you,” she bowed again.

 

My...? Her what? She bowed as well. “You too, Sunny-ssi.”

 

Taeyeon smiled then faced Sunny. “Where are you staying now, Sun? And how long are you here for?”

 

“I’m staying at a hotel right now, but I’m looking for a cheap apartment to stay at. I might stay for a while because I need to do something in Seoul.”

 

“Ah.” Taeyeon nodded. “Well, I’d love to for you to stay here, but this isn’t my place. How about I go with you to look for an apartment?” Taeyeon said enthusiastically.

 

Sunny notices Tiffany staring at them quietly. “That’s fine with me, but your boss...”

 

“Oh, that’s right,” she glanced at Tiffany before turning to Sunny again, “I guess I can’t, but if you need me for anything else, just call me okay?”

 

Sunny smiled. “Of course.”

 

“Actually Taeyeon,” Tiffany interrupted, “it’s fine if you want to go with Sunny-ssi tomorrow.”

 

“Really?! Can I?!”

 

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s child-like expression. “Yup.”

 

“Thanks!” Taeyeon said and turned to Sunny again. “Heard that, Sun? I can go with you tomorrow! Omo, I’m not even familiar with the streets here, but that’s fine! We’ll find a way! We always do!”

 

Sunny and Taeyeon continued to chat, leaving Tiffany alone. She went back to the kitchen and continued cooking.

 

---

 

Night time came and Tiffany was in her room trying to finish some work, while Taeyeon and sunny were still out in the living room.

 

An hour passed and Tiffany went out of her room to grab a glass of water from the kitchen. On her way there, she saw Taeyeon talking animatedly. She smiled at the sight then shifted her gaze towards the other girl. Sunny was lightly snoring beside the babbling Taeyeon, who obviously doesn’t notice.

 

The scene before her made Tiffany chuckle.

 

Hearing it, Taeyeon immediately stopped talking and looked at her. “Hey, boss,” she smiled.

 

“Hi,” Tiffany smiled back, “Are you aware that our guest has fallen asleep? Probably because of your boring babbling.” She chuckled again.

 

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at her then turned her head to the side and saw Sunny with her head leaned back, mouth slightly open and snoring. “Aish, Soonkyu-ah,” she mumbled to herself. She shook Sunny, trying to wake her up.

 

The girl mumbled incoherently before shifting to a more comfortable position then went back to snoring.

 

“Aigoo, Bunny!” she shook her harder, but nothing happened.

 

Tiffany watched the scene silently, completely forgetting about her thirst.

 

Taeyeon turned to face the other girl in the room, “Boss, is it okay if Sunny stays for the night? I can’t seem to wake her up. I’d gladly take her home, but I don’t know where she’s staying,” she scratched the back of her neck, embarrassed.

 

Tiffany only nods her head.

 

Taeyeon stood up and Tiffany half-expected her to lay Sunny down properly on the couch. She watched with wide eyes as Taeyeon carried Sunny bridal-style and walked towards her room.

 

She followed them and said, “Hey, what are you doing?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t know that Tiffany was following so she got startled by the voice and almost dropped Sunny on the floor. Regaining her hold on Sunny, Taeyeon put her down on her own bed before answering Tiffany, “I’m moving her to the bed.”

 

“And where are you going to sleep?”

 

“Here.” Taeyeon pointed to the empty side of the bed.

 

“You’re going to sleep together?”

 

“Uh... yes? We’ve done it hundreds of times so I don’t see anything wrong with it.”

 

Tiffany didn’t either, but for some reason, she just didn’t want them to sleep together on one small bed. “Okay.”

 

“Okay, well, I think I’m going to sleep now too. Kinda tired from talking to this girl. You should sleep too, early day tomorrow. Goodnight,” she waited for Tiffany to close the door before slipping herself under the blanket and setting herself beside the sleeping girl.

 

---

 

Tiffany woke up to the aroma of freshly cooked bacon. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before slowly getting up.

 

She got out of bed and freshened up in the bathroom. Moments later, she stepped out her room and into the living room to start cleaning. When she got there, she was surprised to see the room already cleaned. As expected of Taeyeon.

 

She smiled to herself and made her way to the kitchen where she head the voices that woke her up getting louder.

 

“Morning!” Taeyeon greeted her the moment she entered the kitchen.

 

She smiled and greeted the older girl. 

 

“Hi, good morning, Tiffany-ssi,” she turned her head to see Sunny eating breakfast. 

 

“Good morning, Sunny-ssi,” she grabbed a bread from the table and started munching on it. 

 

“Tiffany, are you sure you’re okay with me helping Sunny today? Won’t you need me for anything there?”

 

“Positive,” she said as she wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin.

 

“Really? You won’t need me to feed you or anything?” Taeyeon said teasingly.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany threw the napkin at Taeyeon, which hit the older girl’s face.

 

“I’m just teasing, but are you really sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Sunny watched the whole thing while munching on her breakfast. She smirked to herself.

 

---

 

“Tok, tok, tok,” she heard someone say. She looked up from the paper she was reading and saw Jessica and Yoona by her door.

 

“Hi, guys,” she stood up and hugged the two, “What are you doing here?”

 

Jessica shrugged while Yoona busied herself with the new magazines on Tiffany’s coffee table. “We’re bored.”

 

Yoona nodded. “I head from Juhyun that Taeyeon didn’t come to work with you today, so I think it’s was perfect that we decided to go here. You might get bored too, you know,” she said without looking up from the magazine.

 

“I’m not bored. I’m busy right now, as you can see,” she pointed to the stack of papers on the side of her table.

 

Jessica ignored her while Yoona said, “No, I can’t see,” her eyes never leaving the magazine.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and went back to work.

 

A snap of the fingers startled her. She looked up to see Jessica grinning at her. “What?”

 

“Yoona told me something.”

 

“Okay, about?”

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

Tiffany immediately remembered what she blurted out the last time Yoona was in her office. She groaned, “Fine, I admit that she’s cute, but so what? It’s not like I like her or anything.”

 

Jessica smiled teasingly, “Oh, actually, Yoona told me that you bought new magazines for her, but go on, do continue telling me about this ‘Taeyeon-is-cute’ thing.”

 

Tiffany threw a pen at Jessica, which the latter dodged easily. “Go away. Both of you. Stop bugging me.”

 

Yoona laughed, “What? Why me? I didn’t say anything.”

 

“Yeah, but you were smiling like an idiot. I know how your mind works, Yoong,” she sighed, “I told you guys, I don’t like her that way.”

 

“We weren’t implying anything,” Jessica defended.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Jessica and Yoona laughed. “Fine, we’ll stop. Where’s Taeyeon anyway?”

 

“She’s with Sunny, looking for an apartment.”

 

“Sunny? Who’s that?”

 

“Her-” she stopped herself, remembering that she doesn’t know what their relationship exactly is, “I don’t know, honestly. Sunny cut Taeyeon off when she was about to tell me what she is to her,” she frowned unconsciously. Good thing for her, Jessica didn’t notice. 

 

Unfortunately, Yoona did.

 

---

 

“Taeyeonnie,” Sunny called sweetly.

 

“Yes?”

 

“How long has it been since you’ve started working for Tiffany-ssi?”

 

“Hmm... about a month, I think. Why?”

 

“Nothing. You two seem close. You usually have a hard time getting close to other people. Like the time before we met. I think you almost cried because you didn’t know what to do when our parents left us alone together.”

 

Taeyeon laughed, almost choking on her the bread she was chewing, “Yeah, I still do actually, but Tiffany’s different. She doesn’t even treat me like an assistant. Remember what I told you about cleaning the house?” Sunny nodded, “Yeah, we used to fight over that ‘cause she didn’t want me to help her,” Taeyeon chuckled, “She even introduced me to her friends, Sun. And they’re as nice as she is.”

 

Sunny smiled. “She is nice. Do you happen to like her?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Okay,” she finished eating, “are you done?”

 

Sunny wiped , “Yup.”

 

“Okay, let’s go. I have to do something.”

 

---

 

It was a few minutes before break time and Tiffany has yet to finish the meeting she was in. She was getting a bit hungry but the meeting was more important. She thought about buying something first before going back to work after the meeting, but decided against it when she remembered the stack of paperwork she needs to finish.

 

Half an hour later, she walked out of the conference room and into her room. She sat down on her chair and started working. 

 

A couple of minutes passed and she heard a soft knock on the door. “Come in,” she said without looking up.

 

She heard the door open before someone walked in and said, “Do I have to start feeding you again?”

 

She looked up, surprised, and saw Taeyeon in front of her table, holding a paper bag. “Hi,” she smiled.

 

“Don’t ‘hi’ me, young lady,” Taeyeon frowned, “I told you not to starve yourself right? Here. Eat,” she pushed the paper bag closer to Tiffany. “It’s a good thing I remembered how much of a workaholic you are, or else I’d be seeing you lying here lifelessly.”

 

Tiffany laughed. “You’re exaggerating again, Tae.”

 

Taeyeon dismissed the comment. “Eat. I can’t feed you, but I trust that you’ll eat it right away. I’ve asked Juhyun to give you a glass of water so you won’t die of thirst,” she laughed at her own exaggeration, “Well, I have to go back to Sunny now.”

 

“Oh, you’re still with Sunny? Where is she by the way?”


Taeyeon nodded. “At a café nearby. I left her for a while because I had this strange feeling you won’t eat. And I was right.”

 

“Oh, thanks...” Tiffany said as Taeyeon started walking to the door.

 

“No problem. Can’t let my boss starve anyway,” she winked playfully before closing the door behind her.

 

Tiffany blushed and couldn’t help but smile widely.