Chapter 27

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: Well, what a pleasant coincidence! :) It’s Tiffany’s birthday and it just happened to be the 27th chapter! Let’s all celebrate! :) Haha. I think this contains fluff, haha, because I can’t create drama on Tiffany’s birthday right? Maybe I’ll add the drama 4 or 5 chapters from now, so don’t think about it first.

Enjoy!


 

 

Waking up, Tiffany stretched her arms upward, but found that she couldn’t. She opened an eye and looked to the side to see Taeyeon hugging her by the waist. She opened both eyes before turning to her side, facing the older girl. 

 

She smiled as she remembered their funny, but nonetheless, very sweet confession last night. Her cheeks redenned at the thought of finally confessing to Taeyeon, and the girl actually liking her back.

 

She momentarily frowned when she remembered that they might not have a lot of time left together, but decided to brush it off for now and enjoy the feeling of being in the girl’s arms.

 

She cupped Taeyeon’s cheek with a hand and caressed it with her thumb. She then moved forward, bravely placing a soft peck on the girl’s lips, blushing in the process.

 

When she was done, she moved back, only to see a smirking Taeyeon, still with her eyes closed.

 

“When are you going to stop taking advantage of me like that?” She watched as Taeyeon’s eyes slowly opened, smirk still plastered on her face.

 

She blushed and slapped the girl’s arm. “Yah! When are you going to stop pretending to sleep?”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “When I’m sure you’re not going to take advantage of me while sleeping.”

 

“It’s not like you don’t like it,” Tiffany pouted.

 

“I do, that’s why I have to keep pretending to be asleep, so you can keep doing that.”

 

“Okay then, I will.” Tiffany laughed this time and hugged Taeyeon tightly, inhaling the older girl’s sweet scent. She was never going to get tired of it.

 

She knew that for sure.

 

They cuddled in bed for a few more minutes before deciding to finally get up. They took turns taking a bath and walked out of the bedroom hand in hand.

 

---

 

Mr. Hwang was busy cooking breakfast when he heard faint giggles coming from the hallway. He lowered the fire and checked on the noise. He peeked from the corner and say Taeyeon and Tiffany walking down the hall, holding hands. He grinned and went back to cooking before the two could notice him.

 

He pretended to be busy cooking when the two entered the kitchen. From the corner of his eye, he saw them look surprised and quickly let go of each other’s hand.

 

He laughed mentally before turning to them and greeting them with a smile. “Hi kids. Had a nice sleep?”

 

The two nodded.

 

“Great. So what time are you needed for work, Miyoung-ah?”

 

“Oh... 9, Uncle.”

 

He nodded. “Is Taeyeon going with you?

 

Tiffany shrugged and looked at Taeyeon.

 

“I am, sir.”

 

Mr. Hwang nodded. “Okay. Well, eat up, you need all the energy.”

 

The two girls nodded and started eating.

 

---

 

Tiffany had a meeting an hour after they got to work and Taeyeon was left alone in the spacious room.

 

She decided to entertain herself by walking around Tiffany’s office. She checked out the different books on the shelf and chuckled to herself when she read one of the titles.

 

Cinderella.

 

She finds it amusing how the CEO of one of the largest companies in South Korea has a children’s book in her office bookshelf.

 

It made her like Tiffany more.

 

She just realized that ever since their cute confession last night, she’s been finding more and more reasons to like the girl.

 

Like how Tiffany would look at her with a soft but loving gaze.

 

Or how she would hold her hand they’ve reached a red light going to the office.

 

Simple but very memorable.

 

Just like Tiffany, it worried her that they might not have enough time to see where this relationship go, seeing as they weren’t even officially together yet, but decided to think about it some other time and cherish the moments she had with the girl.

 

She walked back to the couch when she has inspected every corner of Tiffany’s room and sighed contently.

 

She sat down and decided to get some shut eye.

 

---

 

Tiffany walked out of the conference room with Juhyun trailing behind her.

 

The meeting took longer than expected but no one complained as it was vital for the company.

 

“Ms. Hwang, is it okay if I take my lunch now? I’ll work on these papers right after. I don’t want any distractions.”

 

Tiffany smiled at the younger girl. “Of course, Juhyun-ah. Take Yonghwa and Nicole with you if you can. They look pretty stressed out after the meeting and I’m sure a little food will help them.”

 

Juhyun smiled gratefully and walked towards the elevator, “Thank you, Ms. Hwang.”

 

Tiffany smiled and was about to walk into her room when Juhyun spoke again. “Unnie! The two of you look good together!” She watched with wide eyes as the girl giggled and stepped inside the elevator.

 

Her face heated up and the first thing she did was to look around the office to check if anyone heard what Juhyun said. Fortunately, her employees seem preoccupied with work to notice anything about their surrounding. She sighed in relief and quickly opened her door and dashed inside after closing it.

 

Once inside, she walked to her desk and placed the documents she was holding on it before turning to the couch where she left Taeyeon.

 

A smile grazed her lips when she saw Taeyeon leaning back on the sofa with her head tilted to the side. An uncomfortable position, Tiffany was sure. The girl was emitting soft snores every now and then, much to Tiffany’s amusement.

 

She walked towards the couch and moved Taeyeon so the girl was lying on her back. She then carefully lifted the girl’s head and sat on the now empty part of the couch and slowly placed the girl’s head on her lap.

 

She smiled as she the girl’s arm before grabbing a magazine and started reading through it.

 

---

 

Tiffany opened her eyes and lazily stared at the clock on the wall.

 

Aish! I fell asleep? No wonder.

 

She looked down and was surprised to see that Taeyeon wasn’t there.

 

Where did that gi-

 

“Oh, you’re awake!” Taeyeon walked into the room carrying two paper bags. Tiffany looked closer and saw the logo of a familiar restaurant nearby.

 

“Here, I bought food. You must be hungry. Sorry I fell asleep.” She watched as Taeyeon brought out a number of plastic containers from the paper bags and placed them neatly on the coffee table in front of her. “Eat up,” Taeyeon beamed.

 

She waited for the girl to sit beside her before she opened one of the containers and inhaled the mouthwatering aroma of the dish. She smiled and grabbed a pair of chopsticks before picking out a piece of meat and placing it in front of Taeyeon’s mouth.

 

Taeyeon, who was opening the rest of the containers, halted her actions and looked at the meat in front of her. She then shifted her gaze to Tiffany who was smiling at her.

 

“Um...” Tiffany cleared , “let me feed you?” She felt her cheeks heat up, “Um... since... you fed me before... let me feed you this time?” She tried to find an excuse for this act of intimacy but obviously failed.

 

Taeyeon only blinked several time, her own cheeks blushing. 

 

“I-I mean... it’s okay if you don’t want to...” Tiffany began to move her hand away slowly, “I just thought I’d repay you since I thought it was sweet of you to that when we-...” her ramble was cut short when Taeyeon suddenly leaned forward and ate the meat.

 

Such a simple act, yet it caused both of their cheeks to burst with a shade of crimson.

 

Taeyeon shrugged it off and grabbed her own pair of chopsticks before picking some food and feeding Tiffany.

 

They continued feeding each other until every container was empty. After eating, Taeyeon cleaned up the mess while Tiffany leaned back on the sofa. There was still a little time left before her lunch break ends and she wanted to take a nap. It seemed ridiculous since she just woke up before eating, but she has never felt so full in all of her years working. It caused her to instantly feel sleepy.

 

After cleaning, Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany again with the latter slowly drifting off to sleep. Taeyeon chuckled and placed Tiffany’s head on her shoulder before grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers.

 

She turned her head and kissed the crown of Tiffany’s head. She kept her lips there as she breathed in the smell of the girl’s hair. She smiled and kissed her again.

 

“OH. MY. GOD.”

 

Taeyeon’s head snapped to the side and her eyes widened when she saw two shocked faces peeking in from the crack of the door.