Chapter 14

Ms. Independent

A/N: I had something on awhile ago and I promised myself that I will update if it went well and I’d like to think that it did so... here’s an update! :)

Oh, and about SunYeon’s relationship... be patient. You’ll know soon enough. :)

This chapter is rather short, but I’ll update soon anyway, so no worries.

**just because I don't reply to comments, doesn't mean I don't appreciate every single one of them. I do. I just think I should let the story answer your questions :)

Enjoy!


 

 

“Huh, we leave you for a few minutes, comeback, then see you smiling like a weirdo? What happened?”

 

Tiffany quickly wiped the smile off her face when she heard Jessica’s voice. “Nothing.”

 

Jessica eyed her suspiciously before saying, “We bought you foo- wait... where’d you get that?” she pointed to the paper bag on top of Tiffany’s desk.

 

“Waaah, more food!” Yoona exclaimed as she walked closer to the table, hoping to see what’s inside the bag.

 

Tiffany followed Yoona’s gaze and saw that the girl was looking at the food Taeyeon gave her. “Yah!” she hid the paper bag behind her back. “This is mine!”

 

“How did you even get that?” Jessica asked as she walked towards the chair in front of Tiffany’s desk, pushing Yoona away in the process. 

 

“I bought it.”

 

Jessica cocked an eyebrow. “Where?”

 

“Cafeteria.”

 

We were at the cafeteria. I’m pretty sure you weren’t.”

 

“And besides,” Yoona butted in, “the paper bag is obviously from the café down the road.”

 

“So you obviously didn’t buy it from the cafeteria. Who gave it to you?” Jessica pressed on.

 

“What? Why would you think someone gave it to me? I bought it.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You expect us to believe that you went out of this building and walked 5 minutes to the café down the road, ordered that, and walked back for another 5 minutes, all while we were in the cafeteria for, oh I don’t know, about... 10 minutes?” 

 

“Yes?”

 

“Even I’m not dumb enough to believe that,” Yoona said. 

 

“So who gave it to you?”

 

“I told you I bought-” she was cut off when they heard a knock on the door. Whew, saved by the knock.

 

...or so she thought.

 

Juhyun came in with a glass of water. “Ms. Hwang, Taeyeon unnie told me to bring a glass of water for you. Here it is. Where do you want it?”

 

Tiffany slapped a hand over her forehead when she saw Jessica and Yoona look at her with smug grins on their faces. “Just put it on the coffee table, Juhyun. Thank you.”

 

Juhyun did as she was told and bowed at the other two people in the room before closing the door behind her. 

 

The door closed and Tiffany immediately went back to work, not wanting to face her friends.

 

A couple of minutes passed and Tiffany noticed that it was oddly silent. She looked up, surprised to see her friends still looking at her with smug grins. She glared at them, knowing that they’ll about Taeyeon. “Not a word.”

 

Jessica and Yoona shrugged their shoulders but grinned wider.

 

---

 

Shortly after the embarrassing situation, Tiffany’s friends left her to finish her work. When she did, she went home. She wasn’t expecting Taeyeon to be back yet since she knows how hard it is to look for an apartment.

 

She sighed as she sat on the couch, not bothering to change out of her business attire. She was tired but didn’t want to sleep yet, so she tried to think of something to do. When she couldn’t, she just leaned back on the couch.

 

“It’s boring,” she said to no one. She was used to living alone, but that was before Taeyeon came. For a month now, she admits that it was livelier around the house. If not their bickering, just the mere presence of Taeyeon makes it livelier.

 

She was about to close her eyes when she heard footstep. Her eyes widened as the footsteps came closer. She braced herself for what was coming.

 

She was so sure Taeyeon wasn’t home yet, for the girl would greet her the moment she enters the apartment, so who could it be?

 

“And why is it boring, Ms. Hwang?” she heard a familiar voice. She turned her head and saw Jessica standing behind her.

 

“Yah! You scared me! What are you doing here?!” Tiffany said as she placed her hand over her chest, attempting to calm her raising heart.

 

Jessica shrugged. “Soo’s not home yet, and there’s no food, so I decided to come here.”

 

“How did you even get in? I don’t remember giving you the keys or anything,” she stood up to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

 

Jessica followed her. “I asked the landlord if she can open the door for me. Come on, Tiff, she knows me like I’m one of the people who live here. It’s not so hard. So now, back to my question, why are you bored? Aren’t you usually alone at home? You should be used to this.”

 

“I’m just bored okay? I don’t know why.”

 

“Is it because a certain someone isn’t here?” Jessica said while smirking.

 

Tiffany sighed. “Shut up. It has nothing to do with Taeyeon. I knew you weren’t here for the food. Wasn’t the teasing back in the office enough? You really have to follow me here to tease me some more?”

 

“Well, technically, I didn’t follow you since I got here first,” she laughed, “And! I never said it was Taeyeon.”

 

“Who else would it be? She’s the only other person living here!”

 

“Defensive,” she said as they both walked back to the living room. She sat down on the couch, followed by Tiffany. “Don’t you like her?”

 

“In the way that you’re implying? No.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“So you’re not jealous of Sunny?”

 

“Wha- no, of course not.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Very.”

 

“Positive?”

 

“Positive.”

 

“100% sure?”

 

“Aish. Jessica Jung, I don’t like Kim Taeyeon that way!” just as she said the last two words, the door opened, revealing two figures. One had a shocked and curious expression on her face, while the other was staring at them quietly.

 

“Uh, I think I heard my name, but I’m not so sure. What’s with the shouting?” Taeyeon asked, still standing by the door with Sunny.

 

“Nothing. Jessica was just bugging me and she was just about to leave. Right Jess?” Tiffany stood up, pulled Jessica with her, before pushing her towards the door. After a couple of attempts, she gave up as the other girl stood firmly on the ground.

 

“Hold up. Who’s she?” Jessica said.

 

“Oh, where are my manners? Jessica, this is Sunny. Sun, this is Jessica, one of Tiffany’s friends.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Jessica-ssi.”

 

Jessica gave a nod. “You too.” She eyed Sunny for a while before asking seriously, “Are you Taeyeon’s girlfriend?”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany’s eyes widened while Sunny laughed loudly. “Your friend is funny, Taengoo,” she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek and patted it, “I’ll see you later. Goodnight Tiffany-ssi, Jessica-ssi,” she bowed at the two and left.

 

Tiffany eyes narrowed. “Jealous yet?” she turned her head to see Jessica looking at her. She shook her head too quickly in response.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow, obviously not believing the girl, then smirked. “Alright then. I guess I’ll go now. Goodnight, Miyoung-ah,” she hugged the girl and walked towards the door where Taeyeon was still standing. “Night, Taengoo~” she said before giving the girl a kiss on the cheek, too. 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were as wide as tennis balls and her face reddened. Tiffany, on the other hand, gasped loudly. Jessica laughed at Tiffany’s expression and gave her a wink before walking out the door.

 

Taeyeon blinked a couple of times before closing the door. “Wow,” she said dorkily and chuckled. 

 

“Enjoying yourself?” Tiffany said with a blank expression.

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Just surprised. Have you eaten dinner yet?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Nope.”

 

“Want to prepare something now?”

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“Not really. Sunny and I ate before going home. I’m sorry if I didn’t buy anything for you.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “It’s fine. You don’t have to buy anything, anyway. And I’m really not hungry. Are you tired?”

 

“Nope. Are you?”

 

“Only a bit. I want to do something now since it’s still early but I don’t know what,” she pouted.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and moved closer to Tiffany to pinch her cheeks. “Cute. Oh! Want to watch a movie? Sunny and I bought a DVD earlier. We wanted to watch it together once she found herself an apartment but with the rate everything’s going, I bet this movie will be a classic before we get to watch it. So... you wanna?”

 

Tiffany frowned at the name mentioned before nodding her head.

 

---

 

An hour into the movie, the two girls who were supposedly watching it were now sleeping soundly.

 

Minutes later, because of the loud sound effects from the movie, Tiffany stirred and slowly woke up. She was surprised to see the movie still playing, meaning they haven’t slept for that long. What’s even more surprising to her was that she was hugging Taeyeon by the waist, with her head resting on her chest, while one of the older girl’s arms were around her shoulders. 

 

She wanted to pull away but was afraid that she might wake Taeyeon up. Plus, she couldn’t deny that she was very much comfortable with their position. She looked up to see Taeyeon’s calm sleeping face.

 

She smiled as shifted a bit to make herself more comfortable in Taeyeon’s hold, she hugged Taeyeon a little bit tighter then closed her eyes to go back to sleep.