Chapter 43

Ms. Independent

A/N: Wowow fast update huh? Haha. Oh btw, thanks for those who sent me hearts in Anipang but seriously... how the hell do you play that game?! Hahaha I'm so hopeless. My highest score is 86,000 and I jumped for joy when I reached that, only to find out that the worst Soshi player, Jessica, scored 180,000. How is that even possible?! Okay, enough about that. Here's the update


 

“Hyo, are you done packing your things yet?” She yelled from inside the bedroom.

 

No response.

 

Curious, Sunny threw the shirt she was folding on top of the open luggage and made her way to the living room. There, she found Hyoyeon and Hayeon totally engrossed in a video game where her girlfriend was, again, losing terribly.

 

Groaning in frustration, Sunny stomped her way to the two and snatched Hyoyeon’s controller to help her win the game – and win, she did.

 

“There. The end of your horrible losing streak. Now, Kim Hyoyeon, have you or have you not packed your things yet?”

 

Hyoyeon scratched the back of her head and looked at Hayeon to ask for help, to which the younger girl blatantly ignored.

 

“You haven’t, have you?”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head and looked down.

 

“It feels like I’m dating a five year old. Why do I even love you? You’re a kid. Younger than Hayeon even. Come on, let’s pack all those trash you’ve managed to stack up here in Seoul.” She headed back to the bedroom.

 

Hyoyeon groaned and lied on the floor. She was too lazy to pack. It was more fun playing games with her cousin, even if it meant losing...

 

Every.

 

Single.

 

Time.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, you better start packing now or I’m throwing your things away!”

 

Hearing that, Hyoyeon quickly scrambled to her feet and ran to the bedroom, leaving Hayeon laughing out loud in the living room.

 

A woman from the kitchen walked out and hushed the young girl. “Quiet, Hayeon-ah. You’re being too loud.”

 

Hayeon managed to stop laughing within minutes. “Sorry, Umma.”

 

---

 

“I thought you said they broke up?” Sulli asked in a whisper as they watched Tiffany and Taeyeon walk out of the elevator side by side. They have never seen the two together after the break up so it was a great surprise to suddenly see them talking and laughing.

 

“That’s what Tiffany unnie told me,” Juhyun whispered back, her eyes still glued to the two happily talking girls. “She even cried and told me that it was going to be hard ignoring Taeyeon unnie.”

 

“They seem okay to me,” Yonghwa said as he ducked his head to avoid being caught by either Tiffany or Taeyeon.

 

“Maybe they’re back together?”

 

“But Tiffany unnie told me that they broke up because Taeyeon unnie’s leaving. So... she’s not moving anymore?”

 

Yonghwa shrugged. “We’ll never know unless we ask them.” He looked at the two girls in front of him. “Do you wanna ask them?”

 

Sulli and Juhyun both shook their heads.

 

“I don’t think it’s our business anyway. As long as Tiffany is happy then we should be happy as well.”

 

-

 

“Hey.”

 

She looked up from her computer and found Taeyeon walking towards, cup of coffee in hand.

 

“Brought you coffee.”

 

She smiled gratefully. “You shouldn’t have, but thanks.”

 

“No problem. I wanted to do it, anyway.” Taeyeon smiled back and placed the cup on Tiffany’s table.

 

Tiffany kept her eyes on the girl mindlessly stirring the hot coffee. She had to smile at that. She was glad they decided to go back to being friends. She wondered why she even tried avoiding the girl in the first place when she was happiest Taeyeon was near. “What would I do without you?” she said out loud.

 

Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and smiled sadly at Tiffany. “Sorry,” was all she could say. She knew what Tiffany was talking about even if the girl didn’t mean to say it out loud.

 

Unknowingly, tears started to flow from the corner of Tiffany’s eyes. 

 

Seeing this, Taeyeon panicked. She quickly ran to her side and pulled her to stand and engulfed her in a hug. “Don’t cry please?”

 

Tiffany hugged Taeyeon back and clutched the back of the girl’s shirt tightly. “Don’t go.”

 

Taeyeon hugged her tighter. “I'm sorry. I really love you,” she whispered softly.

 

“I love you too.”

 

Taeyeon pulled back from the hug just enough to place a tender peck on Tiffany forehead before finally letting her lips meet Tiffany’s trembling ones.

 

“Good afterno–”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany quickly pulled away from each other and turned towards the door where Jessica and Sooyoung stood with mouths hung open.

 

Sooyoung moved closer to Jessica and whispered, “I thought you said they broke up?”

 

“That’s what Sunny told me.”

 

“Hmm.” Sooyoung nodded her head then leaned down to whisper again. “Will we be like that if we break up?”

 

She had to stifle a curse when Jessica’s sharp elbow met her stomach with much force. She managed a small ‘ouch’ as Jessica made her way to the two blushing girls. Taeyeon and Tiffany fidgeted under Jessica strong gaze. 

 

“W-what are you two doing here?” Tiffany said as she tried to get rid of the awkwardness surrounding them.

 

“Well, Juhyun told me you’ve been coming to the office alone these past few days and she was getting worried but...” she eyed them again, “I don’t think that’s the case now. Didn’t you brea–”

 

Sooyoung quickly covered Jessica’s mouth to prevent her from asking about the break up. “We just thought you might need company or someone to talk to, Fany, that’s all.” 

 

Jessica struggled to get Sooyoung’s hand off . When she finally did, she glared at the girl, who immediately cowered at the look. “Anyway, since you have company, we can just leave because I’m sure you’d prefer Taeyeon to the two of us.”

 

Got that right. Tiffany wouldn’t say that out loud, though. “I’m fine guys. You don’t have to worry about me.”

 

“I can see that,” Jessica said as she glanced at the quiet Taeyeon. “Well, let’s go, Sooyoung-ah. We don’t want to disturb anything.” She smirked at the two before hooking her arm with Sooyoung’s and dragging her out the office.

 

Once the two were out, there was still awkwardness inside the room. Taeyeon cleared and went to sit on the couch, pretending to be interested in the magazines laid out.

 

-

 

The drive home was quiet until Tiffany spoke up. “T-taeyeon?”

 

The girl looking out the window turned to meet Tiffany’s gaze. “Yeah?”

 

“Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

 

“Um... I don’t think I am. Why?”

 

She smiled. “Do you want to come with me to a party tomorrow night? Juhyun and the others are throwing a party for me and I thought maybe–”

 

The mention of the party suddenly reminded Taeyeon of what Juhyun asked her to do. “Oh! I forgot. I haven’t finished packing yet.” It wasn’t a complete lie. She did have to finish packing but there were only two or three more clothes she had to fold and put inside her bag and she was done. It wouldn’t even take her ten minutes to do it.

 

“O-oh,” Tiffany’s shoulders slumped. She was really hoping to spend more time with Taeyeon before the girl leaves the day after tomorrow. But I guess she does have to finish packing first.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“I-it’s fine.”

 

The rest of the ride was silent.

 

-

 

“You better make sure this works, Sooyoung-ah. We won’t have another chance!”

 

“I’ll make sure, okay? Sheesh!”

 

“We just don’t want to ruin Uncle Hwang’s plan.”

 

“That won’t happen. My plan’s foolproof!”