Chapter 11

Ms. Independent

 

Ooooh, what is this? Is Hwaitaengoo really updating this fast?? Is she sick or something??

Yes. Haha. I am actually sick. I didn't even go to work today. I was (and still am) bored to death, so I decided to write (more like type) this chapter. So... all I'm going to say is... PROGRESSSSSS! :)


 

 

Lunch time came and Tiffany told Taeyeon to get something to eat while she stays and finishes her work.

 

“You’re not eating?” Taeyeon asked while tilting her head cutely.

 

Tiffany grinned at the sight. “Maybe later. I still have to finish something.”

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll get something to eat then. Come right after okay? Don’t hunger yourself.” She walked out of the room leaving a touched Tiffany.

 

---

 

Once outside, she saw Juhyun walking up to her. “Hi, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon grinned. “Hi, Seo Juhyun. Are you going for lunch?”

 

Juhyun nodded.

 

“Oh, wanna go together then? I mean, if you don’t have anyone to go with, I can go with you.” Taeyeon didn’t want to impose.

 

“Sure, let’s go!” They began walking. 

 

Moments later, Juhyun said, “Taeyeon-ssi, I’m sorry for what happened this morning. I didn’t know they’d be crowding around you like that. I shouldn’t have shouted it, but I was shock. So... I’m sorry,” she lowered her head.

 

Taeyeon tip-toed to pat her head. Juhyun looked up and saw Taeyeon smiling at her. “It’s alright. I know you didn’t mean it. Anyway, just call me Taeyeon.”

 

Juhyun smiled back. “Are you, by any chance, the same age as Ms. Hwang?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Then can I call you Taeyeon unnie instead? I’m 2 years younger than Ms. Hwang, so outside the office, I call her Tiffany unnie.”

 

“Oh. Sure! It’s not a problem.”

 

---

 

They arrived at the cafeteria and got their food before looking for a table.

 

They ate while sharing stories with each other.

 

After a while, Tiffany came in the cafeteria and looked for Taeyeon. She saw her with Juhyun at the other side of the room. She walked towards them and said hello. Juhyun stood up and bowed at Tiffany. Taeyeon, not knowing what to do, bowed at Tiffany as well.

 

“Ms. Hwang, it’s refreshing to see you here,” Juhyun said politely.

 

Tiffany giggled. “Well, I wasn’t planning to eat this early, but Taeyeon said she was hungry and I thought she was going to be alone so I followed her here.” She then turned to face Taeyeon. “You make friends quite easily.” She smiled.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “I usually don’t, but... she’s nice.” She pointed to Juhyun who smiled.

 

“She is. Anyway, that’s good. At least you won’t get bored if you decide to come here with me everyday.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and continued eating. After a few minutes of chewing and swallowing, she noticed Tiffany wasn’t eating. “Boss,” she playfully called, “you’re not eating?”

 

“Oh, I’m not really hungry.” 

 

Taeyeon frowned. “You need to eat. I told you not to hunger yourself right?”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Thanks for the concern Tae, but I’m not really hungry.”

 

“But that’s not healthy. You need to eat. Come on, I’ll get you something, just stay here.” Taeyeon was about to stand up when Tiffany held her arm.

 

“Fine, I’ll eat, but you’re still eating, so I’ll get the food myself.”

 

Juhyun watched in amusement as her usually stubborn boss becomes submissive to this new friend of hers.

 

Tiffany came back after a while carrying a tray of food. 

 

Taeyeon smiled. “Good. Now, eat. This company won’t be able to function with a sick CEO,” she said as she shoved another spoonful of food into .

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, feigning annoyance, but smiled after seeing how Taeyeon childishly sipped her drink. “Whatever.”

 

Juhyun smiled at the oblivious pair. They’d make a great couple.

 

---

 

Days went by and Taeyeon was slowly getting used to being in the office. After having lunch on the first day, Seohyun introduced her to some of her office friends - people who weren’t part of the crowd gathering around her in the morning. She met Nicole, another manager from a different department. She was bubbly and super friendly. It scared Taeyeon at first, but she soon warmed up to the younger girl. Then she met Yonghwa, a handsome, kind of dorky guy. Being the dorky girl that she is, they instantly clicked. Then there was Sulli, who was younger than all of them, but still taller. Taeyeon sighed as she looked up to the girl who was a head taller than her. She cursed her shortness before giving the younger girl a genuine smile.

 

Tiffany, who was used to being alone in her room, was also getting used to having Taeyeon around. The older girl didn’t do much in there except sit on the couch and read a few magazines, but never did she complain. When she noticed that Taeyeon was almost done reading the magazines laid out on the table, she went down her office building and bought a few more when the older girl was roaming the office with Seohyun. Taeyeon, who was oblivious to the additional magazines, continued reading them one by one when she came back.

 

Today, Taeyeon was again with Seohyun and the rest while Tiffany was in her room trying to finish more work. She had a lot to do today so she told Seohyun to bring Taeyeon with her on her break. The older girl didn’t want to leave Tiffany alone in the room, but soon agreed when CEO told her that she’ll come right after she finishes everything. 

 

A knock on the door made her stop doing what she was doing. She looked up as the door opened, revealing Yuri and Yoona. The couple smiled as they made their way to the older girl. 

 

“Hey guys, what brings you here?” she said as she hugged the two.

 

“Oh nothing, we just wanted to see how you’re doing,” Yoona answered. She sat on the chair in front of Tiffany’s table, while Yuri sat on the couch, opening a magazine.

 

“Well, I’m fine.”

 

Yoona nodded. “Where’s Taeyeon? I heard from Seohyun that she comes here with you everyday.”

 

Yuri looked up from the magazine. “Ooooh, she does?” she asked with a teasing smile on her face. 

 

Tiffany looked at her weirdly. “Yes.”

 

“So my plan worked?” Yoona said with a wide smile.

 

“Surprisingly, yes.” Tiffany said after rolling her eyes.

 

Yoona clapped. “Told you it would work! Haha! So where is she now?”

 

“Break room, I think, with Seohyun and the others.” Tiffany said as she continued writing.

 

“Ah.”

 

They sat in silence before Yuri spoke up.

 

“Oh, hey! Is this a new magazine?” she said while flipping through the magazine she was holding. “Oh! There are a lot of them!” she exclaimed with so much excitement in her voice.

 

Tiffany giggled at her silliness while Yoona only rolled her eyes. “Yes, those are new.”

 

“When did you buy them?”

 

Tiffany thought for a while. “Hmm... the other day I think?”

 

“Well, finally! I’ve been asking you to buy new ones for so long! I think I’ve memorized that ones from before! I can even tell you the advertisements on them.”

 

Tiffany laughed at the exaggeration, but still continued to write while saying, “Well, Taeyeon’s been doing nothing here but reading magazines, so I figured, why not buy new ones? She’s almost finished with the old ones anyway.”

 

Yuri and Yoona didn’t respond to that as they looked at each other with knowing smiles. Yoona signaled Yuri to continue with the questioning to get something out of Tiffany. Yuri grinned as she gave Yoona a thumbs up. 

 

When she didn’t hear any response from the two, she looked up only to see the couple looking at her with wide smiles.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, confused.

 

“Did she ask you to buy new ones?”

 

“Huh? Who?”

 

“Taeyeon. Did she ask you to buy new magazines?”

 

“No. You know her, she won’t ask me to buy something for her,” she said with a frown on her face.

 

“Then why did you buy them?”

 

“‘Cause she’s almost done with the others.”

 

“Then why didn’t you buy new ones when I asked you to? I’ve finished the old ones way before Taeyeon did.”

 

Tiffany thought for a moment, then shrugged. 

 

Yoona and Yuri continued to grinned. “You like her,” they chorused.

 

“What? I don’t! Just because I bought her new magazines, doesn’t mean I like her. Guys, seriously, what kind of logic is that?”

 

“But she’s cute right?” Yoona asked.

 

“Well, yeah...” Tiffany answered without thinking. She was surprised with her own answer. She looked at the other two’s expression. Their faces changed from shocked ones to teasing ones.

 

“AHA!” Yoona exclaimed.

 

“Wait-”

 

“AHA!” Yuri followed.

 

“AHA!” Yoona exclaimed again. “I told you! I told you you’d appreciate the things around you more when you become less stubborn.” she sighed in content and leaned back on her chair. “Ahh... and it’s only been days. I feel like I’ve accomplished something great here.”

 

“What are-”

 

“I better go tell Sica! Come on, baby!” Yoona grabbed Yuri’s hand and dragged her out of the room before Tiffany can say anything.

 

“What was that??” she exclaimed frustratingly as the door closed.

 

A minute passed and the door opened again. Think that it was the two pranksters again, she shouted, “Yah!”

 

The door opened fully, revealing a shocked Taeyeon. “Oh... sorry. I should’ve knocked first.” She went back out and after a few seconds, a knock could be heard from inside the room.

 

Tiffany chuckled softly. “Come in, Taeyeon.”

 

The door opened again, but it wasn’t Taeyeon who went in. It was Yoona with a teasing smile on her face. “I knew it~.”

 

Tiffany was shocked. “Yah! I thought you left already?”

 

Yoona still had the teasing smile. “Forgot my bag. Well, better leave now, don’t want to take up your time with Taeyeon.” She laughed loudly before going out.

 

“Oh, hello Tae,” she heard Yoona say outside the room.

 

“Hi, Yoona,” she then heard Taeyeon’s voice.

 

“Oh, better go now. See you soon Tae. Enjoy~” she can almost hear Yoona’s wide grin.

 

“O...kay?” 

 

Seconds later, she saw Taeyeon by the door, who knocked softly.

 

“Come in, dork.”

 

Taeyeon grinned and came in holding two paper bags. She slowly walked towards the sofa.

 

“What do you have there?”

 

“Food,” Taeyeon beamed.

 

“Oh? You haven’t eaten yet? No wonder your back early.”

 

“Nope,” Taeyeon answered and continued to take out the food from both bags.

 

“Okay, you can eat here then.” Tiffany smiled and went back to work.

 

“I bought this one for you. I figured you wouldn’t eat, and even if you did, you’d eat alone.”

 

Tiffany looked at her, surprised. “Really? You didn’t have to that, Tae, but thanks. Leave it there and I’ll eat it later after I’ve finished this.” She flashed a grateful smile then went back to work.

 

Moments later, a sandwich blocked her view. She looked up to see Taeyeon holding a sandwich close to her face.

 

“Yah, what are you doing?”

 

“Feeding you,” she said nonchalantly and held up another sandwich before taking a bite from it.

 

“I can do it by myself, Tae.”

 

“Yeah, but not while working. I bet you won’t finish that early, judging by how many it is, and how you don’t want me to help, which mean, you won’t be able to eat until much later, so you’ll starve then you’ll die.”

 

Tiffany laughed loudly. “You’re exaggerating. I won’t starve to death.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “I won’t risk it.” She pushed the sandwich closer to Tiffany’s mouth.

 

Tiffany close tighter and shook her head.

 

“Oh, gosh, why are you so stubborn, boss?” 

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “As if you’re not stubborn yourse-hmmmph”

 

Taeyeon shoved the sandwich into her boss’ mouth while Tiffany was talking. She was careful not to choke her boss, but it was forceful enough for Tiffany to take a bite.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany shouted while trying to chew her food.

 

Taeyeon jutted out her lower lip, forming an adorable pout. “I’m sorry, but I just wanted you to eat.”

 

Omo, how cute. Tiffany glared at the older girl but continued chewing. 

 

When Tiffany swallowed, Taeyeon moved the sandwich closer to again, telling her to take another bite.

 

When she didn’t, Taeyeon pouted again.

 

Feeling helpless, Tiffany slowly and unconsciously opened , letting Taeyeon push the sandwich inside .

 

Congratulating herself, Taeyeon took another bite from her own sandwich. “See? By doing this, you get to eat and work at the same time. You won’t die on me either. Win-win.”

 

“Er... thanks.”

 

“Mmhmm...” Taeyeon responded as she took another bite.