XIS

The Good in Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"There's four of them."

 

Yuri said while busily scanning her grandma's library full of spell books. She climbed up a stool just to grab the book that caught her attention but she eventually lost her balance, a blonde haired girl came to her aid and caught her before hitting the floor.

 

"Aw.." Yuri whispered in pain. She then noticed that she landed on top of her friend, who is now patiently waiting for her to get off of her. Yuri immediately blushed when she realized the situation they're in. "S-sorry unnie." She apologized and stood up and helped the latter.

 

"What four?" The older girl asked while brushing off some dust from her pants but Yuri just looked at her blankly, she doesn't know if the witch hit her head or what. "You're talking about 'there's four of them' a while ago."

 

"Oh.." Yuri said.

 

She invited a friend to come help her do her research about Minjoo's case, hoping it will make the work faster but it seems like inviting the human Choi Yena will just be a distraction to her. 'That silver hair suits her so well, wearing that black leather jacket and her usual girl crush aura.. How do you expect me to focus while seeing that?! Just dusting off those dust is making her look attractive already!' She internally scream.

 

"So?" Yena asked again, waiting for the witch to snap out of herself. She's used to seeing the younger girl being lost in thought all the time. "The four?" She asked before going back to searching books that relates about reincarnations.

 

"R-right.." After seeing the human focusing on the task, Yuri was reminded of their purpose at this moment. "I was talking about the original vampires." Yuri answered as she begun reaching the same book she has her eyes on earlier.

 

Yena saw this so she pulled Yuri down the stool and step on it instead, gesturing the latter that she'll get it herself. "This one?" Yena asked pointing at the thick book and Yuri just nodded. "Originals huh? You mean the very first vampires in the world? I only heard of Wonyoung though." The older girl said as she took the book and stepped down.

 

"Well, that's because she's the only one i always talk about and because she's my friend." Yuri answered and then received the book from the older girl. "Thanks." She shyly said and briefly scanned it by flipping the pages one by one. "Meeting those originals is like.. 1 percent out of a billion chances because they barely stay in one place, i bet they've traveled the whole globe already or even visited the moon or mars since they've been here for a thousand years. We're just lucky to meet Wonyoung because she needed us to wake up the hybrid, making her stay here in Korea for so long. And now that the hybrid is up i just thought they'll be having a reunion soon." Yuri rumbled and sighed deeply after looking at the book. "Geez, i don't even know what language is this, seems like i need a lot of time to decipher this one." She exhaustedly said and her shoulders drop. 

 

Yena laughed making Yuri to look up to her. The older girl went closer to the other and held both of her shoulders, squeezing it. 

 

"Ahyoo~ Looks like my little witch is so stress right now. You should relax a bit." Yena said while massaging Yuri's stiffed shoulders. 

 

Of course because of this action from Yena, it made Yuri blush like her face is almost bleeding. "It's just a bad feeling.. Having all those four original vampires in one place.. It's unsettling. Especially Wonyoung told me some of them are not in good terms.." She uttered her concern. "You know, i shouldn't be telling all those things to a human." Yuri said hiding her blushing face by looking at her right side, avoiding Yena's. 

 

"Yet you're here, telling me." The older said in return. 

 

Though being a human, Choi Yena pretty much know a little thing about supernatural because of Yuri's rants. She first saw this witch doing some little spell and she got intrigued, she started following Yuri and noticed how she frequently go to an empty room and started saying rants just to make her feel better. 

 

Turns out that's how Yuri relieve her stress from all the tiring spell they did just to wake the hybrid. 

 

Yena listened to every bit of it, not feeling any fear to enter her body by discovering another world she didn't know existed until she saw Yuri. Until her curiousity cannot be satisfied by just listening so she introduced herself to the witch to learn more about them by asking questions. And that's how she got here, being Yuri's helper, listening buddy and as her friend. 

 

"Aren't you scared? I mean all of this stuff is kinda scary you know." Yuri asked, putting the thick book into her bag planning to study it in Hyewon's house later. "With all those thirsty vampires, werewolves who has anger management issues and wicked witches. It's not a world you can easily know of and expect to survive in it." The younger putting her worries on the table once again. 

 

Remembering how Minjoo herself got scared of them the first time she knew about their secret, she was so scared that she wanted to run away from them, resulting to tying her on a chair just to explain carefully. 

 

Yuri then let out a small laugh. 

 

Funny how Minjoo unexpectedly accepted them for the second time, no fear and no need for explanation, for she suddenly gained a what? A memory of someone from a thousand years ago? Not only that she gained a memory but also a girlfriend? It was unbelievably how it all happened in just one night but it was more surprising when she heard Minjoo saying she wanted to be a part of those memory. 

 

Yuri sighed. 

 

Her friend Minjoo who is known to have her doors closed for anyone suddenly showing interest with someone, the hybrid on top of that, worry is evidently there for Yuri.. But the fact that Minjoo is not just letting someone in, more like her wanting to enter and be part of someone's life is what made Yuri more determined than ever to help her friend and to know what exactly happened to her to at least lessen Minjoo's worries. 

 

Her attention was then grabbed by the older girl who is standing in front of her, bending a little just to level with her eyes, wearing those curious eyes and pouty lips. "You're lost in your thoughts again." Yena said, still staring at Yuri. The witch pressed her lips together and heavily breathe out. "How about you take care of yourself and stop worrying about me. I'm Choi Yena you know~" The older added, standing straight and saying it a lot of confidence in herself.

 

Right, she's Choi Yena. She's probabyly the most adventurous person that Yuri knows. She's been living her life like everyday is the end of the world. The older even gave up school for she want her time be wasted on things she'd rather achieve. Yena created a cafe and that's where she's getting the money to spend on all her endeavors, her motorcycle, the badass clothes, the colorful and daring hair color and she even had her own house in such a young age! 

 

Knowing all the stuff about the supernatural is probably just another interesting adventure for her to not bore her life.

 

Yuri can't help but to just sigh. She's just worried, maybe that's the kind of person she is.. All she does is worry. It is her nature to take care of all of her friends.

 

Yena then turned her back and stretched, she doesn't want seeing the worried face on the younger one. "Besides, i have the strongest and wisest witch on my back. What's there to worry then?" She said. Assuming that they're done for today she went to the door and look back at Yuri with a smiling face. "Let's go, I'll drive you home. I know you hate the idea of riding my bike but you have no choice. You're staying at Hyewon's house right?" She offered.

 

The uneasiness on Yuri won't this disappear but she chose to set it all aside for the mean time. She then responded to Yena with a nod and the followed her.

 

"Eung~ Let's go."

 

---

 

The smile on Minjoo's face that appeared since she read Yujin's letter, carries it until she got home. She felt like a fool, smiling alone as she walks home. It was probably the most cringiest, tackiest and cliche but cutest letter she had ever read.

 

Entering her building, still dearly holding the first flower she received from the hybrid, checking the white paper she hid inside her pocket hoping it isn't missing or something. Minjoo feeling light, warm hearted and.. special, she's so close to ending her day with these good emotions but then she some men in front of her unit.

 

She was getting ready to run away after sensing a great danger from them but..

 

"Oi~ Young lady, where do you think you're going?" Some of the men, wearing those awfully ugly polo, stopped her by grabbing her bag.

 

"I-i'm s-sorry.." The first thing that came out of Minjoo's lips, stuttering and visibly scared. She got drag in front of her unit and the supposedly boss of the group pinned her against it. "I'm sorry.." She repeated avoiding their stares by looking down.

 

"What are you even sorry for?" The man asked, calmly and probably soft making him sound nice but the scar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter