EVIF

The Good in Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I hope that clears everything.. Any questions?”

 

Minjoo asked, staring at her friends one by one as they sit in front of her during their lunch, listening to her ‘vague’ explanation of what happened to her.

 

Hyewon, Yuri and Wonyoung blinked three times.. Confused at the sudden change from their friend. They saw how Minjoo smiled and once again asked.

 

“Questions?”

 

Yuri looked at the werewolf and the vampire who are still in a stage of confusion. Maybe just hungry because Minjoo consumed their lunch break by talking about her messy situation.

 

“Soooo.. To sum up everything you just said.” Yuri manages to talk first, as what she’s always been. “You’ve accidentally gained the memory of the previous ‘you’ from a thousand years ago when the hybrid brought your memories that we erased? But it is still ‘you’ of this generation but you just had an addition memory? Like you’re a student now but your memory is like a thousand years old? Then.. you’re not angry at us or even scared anymore because you also developed a knowledge about supernatural that it feels like a normal thing to you now? And you understand us for erasing your memories because we’re just trying to wake the hybrid up?” The witch slowly go through the things that Minjoo told them. 

 

“Yes. Yes. Yes? Yes and yes.” Minjoo answered remembering all the order of Yuri’s questions. “Anymore?” She asked wearing an awkward smile, she’s also confused on the why’s and how’s but she thinks telling her friends about this will help her find the answers for those.

 

“It’s like attack on titan.. But without the eating part..” Hyewon muttering her understanding, only the two vampires heard her but what she said is foreign to them so they just ignored her.

 

“Aaaaanndd.. Are we just going to ignore how you suddenly got a girlfriend overnight?” Yuri added, not removing her confused eyes at the person sitting next to Minjoo.

 

“G-girlfriend?!” The human exclaimed and turn to her side. She then saw Yujin sitting next to her and facing towards her. The hybrid is clinging to Minjoo’s school blazer and continuously staring at her, looking like a lost puppy. “S-she’s not my girlfriend..” The human whispered but her cheeks are visibly red.

 

“You sure?” Yuri asked, her eyes almost closing from investigating Yujin’s actions. “Because ever since she sat next to you, she never removed her attention from you.” She added, not believing how tamed the hybrid looks like right now, Yujin was just being annoying to her this morning and all of a sudden, she’s like a cute giant puppy next to Minjoo.

 

Minjoo on the other hand, meets Yujin’s stares and she was reminded of how the taller girl cried to her last night, she saw how her eyes are still swollen and her heart sunk after seeing that. And remembering how she can’t answer Yujin’s questions made Minjoo let out a bitter smile.

 

‘She’s probably looking at me like that because she thought I’m the person she fell in love with before..’ The human thought. ‘Remember Minjoo, It’s not your memories..’ She reminded herself.

 

After she finally lay in her bed last night she began organizing her thoughts. She was confused at her own identity when the memory of someone entered hers.. For a moment, she started acting like the person from a thousand years ago because the emotions took over her. 

 

In those memory, she saw a girl looking exactly like her. Being a special human because of her blood that can end the werewolves suffering, a blood that can be used in a million black magics and it being tasty making the vampires chase her.. Minjoo shivers at the last one. Setting aside the memories, she even felt how the previous girl felt.. She was carrying a big burden and with all those creatures going after her, she was very scared.

 

But amidst all those fears, there was this certain someone who became her comfort, the hybrid. Yujin being the only crossbreed that ever existed, she then found someone who’s bearing the same weight of being a special creature as she did.

 

Unlike her who’s scared of everything and hating the fact of being special, Yujin is embracing every part of it and seeing that was admirable. 

 

Yujin started promising her things.. ‘I will be your knight’ and so she begun protecting her from creatures that wanted to harm her, ‘I pledge to make your days happier’ and so she never felt blues ever again, ‘I will be by your side, caring for you’ and she’s with her through the high and lows, crying with her when bad things happen and dancing beside her to celebrate the good things. Lastly, ‘I will love you, always and forever..’ and she did until now.

 

Minjoo felt like she just witnessed a movie by seeing those memories but it’s a shame that it ended as a tragic one… But before diving deeper on those memory, Minjoo draws a line.

 

‘Those memories aren’t mine.. And I’m in no place to receive these feelings from Yujin. I’m not the person she fell in love with. All I have is a memory..’

 

 

 

“And what memories did you exactly see?” Wonyoung asked, getting the attention from Minjoo and Yujin who are looking at each other. “Did you see everything from that person’s life?” She added.

 

Minjoo broke the stare from Yujin to look at Wonyoung who is asking a question now. She then lowered her head and answered. “Yes..” 

 

“So you also know the reason why she left? You saw her last moment right? Then what exactly happened? Why did she die?” Wonyoung started showering the human with questions. 

 

It was the questions both Yujin and her wanted to know because they only saw her dead and without any explanations at all. This made Yujin go on a rampage even more and soon started blaming herself for not protecting her well, digging her own misery and in the end… made a decision to sleep eternally to avoid the heartache that her lover had caused.

 

To be honest, Wonyoung was angry.. Minjoo was the reason of Yujin’s eternal sleep and the latter voluntarily do it just to escape the pain from her lover’s disappearance. And everytime she remember Yujin being dejected and heart broken, Wonyoung can’t help but to put all the blame on the girl who suddenly left.

 

Minjoo did saw the last moment of the previous girl.. and that’s why she said it’s like watching a tragic one.

 

Yujin noticed how the human kept fidgeting her fingers and so she looked at Wonyoung. 

 

“Cheese balls!” She said.

 

Everyone looked at her because of the sudden raise of voice. Wonyoung’s eyebrows creased as she look at her old friend. “Cheese balls? Are you hungry?” She asked, confused at the random mention of food.

 

“How did you even know cheese ball? You don’t have that in the year 1000..” Hyewon asked on the side.

 

“Cheese balls..” The hybrid repeated, wearing a cute expression. “Cheese balls..”

 

Yuri with her eyes still almost closing, still in her mode of being detective Conan. “That’s Minjoo’s favorite food.” She said.

 

“Cheese balls..” Yujin said now in a lower and embarrassed voice, she then glanced at Minjoo who is now smiling and so her embarrassment fades away.

 

“Can you at least tell me why you sudd—”

 

“Yujin-ah..”Minjoo called the latter’s name, not letting the taller girl finish her sentence. Yujin barely recovered from crying too much earlier and now she’s back with those questions again. Minjoo smiled. “Let’s do this..”

 

The hybrid’s one brow raised and tilt her head to the side while waiting for Minjoo’s next words.

 

“You know I’ve watched this one movie..” The human started.

 

“Movie?” Yujin asked, remembering where she heard that and soon know that she heard it from Wonyoung’s friend earlier. “Twilight?” She asked.

 

Minjoo let out a small laugh upon seeing the questioned mark face of the hybrid. She then faced her. “Movies are just made up plots from people’s great imagination and turning it into films.” The narrowed eyebrows from the latter made Minjoo understand that she said another new term. “Films are a motion pictures..”

 

“Pictures?”

 

“O-oh right, there are no photographs on your time right?” Minjoo asked as she remembered the time they actually lived. “Let’s just watch one next time.” The human said as she gave up, it feels like there will be no end if she explains further.

 

“Anyway, there’s this one thing the characters do there and I want us to do it too.” Minjoo followed. “It’s like having this rule.”

 

“What rule?” Yujin innocently asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter