ENO

The Good in Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For real? I was really that wasted last night to the point that i out?" Minjoo asking this question to her bestfriend who is trying to match her slow pace as they're walking on the hallway. It's already lunch time and they're on their way to the cafeteria.

 

Minjoo found herself waking up earlier this morning in her own bedroom and not having any recollection about what happened to the party that they attended. Wonyoung told her about what happened and she said she passed out by drinking too much, which Minjoo finds weird because she woke up not even having a slight headache.

 

She's been travelling her memory lane since her day started but the last thing she remember is.. Having fun with her friends. That's all..

 

"I'm serious Minjoo unnie." Wonyoung answered looking bored because it's the nth time that Minjoo keeps asking her this questions. She keeps saying 'Yes' or 'I'm serious' and she'll be adding the other girl's name at the end when she's starting to get annoyed at the repetitive cycle.

 

Minjoo sighed..

 

It was bothering her, she feels like she's missing something important. She even thought she forgot her wallet or forgot to bring her notebook because of this uneasiness feeling. But she checked all her things already and she brought everything she needs and yet it still feels like she's missing something.

 

Wonyoung keeps on examining Minjoo's every move. Worried that the other girl might have noticed already.

 

"Look, you just had fun. That's all. Passing out is actually normal for parties like that." Wonyoung said as she stepped in front of Minjoo which made the other girl stop from walking and look at her tall friend. 

 

Minjoo noticed how Wonyoung said that in a low tone, she can't blame her though, they went to a party when they're just underage. Middle school students don't normally do that. It's illegal.

 

"Hey! What's for lunch?" Yuri popped out of nowhere surprising Minjoo. "I'm craving for some soup, a hangover soup would be nice~" She added and whispered the last part near her friends.

 

"You didn't attend the morning subjects, miss class president." Minjoo said, welcoming her friend. They're both in the same class and the teachers have been searching for her since morning, especially that she has some task to do as the class president. Minjoo and Yuri are juniors, Wonyoung is a sophomore while Hyewon is a senior class. "You left me alone and I've been so lonely! I have no one to tease!" She added.

 

Wonyoung and Yuri let out a little laugh because of Minjoo. They knew that their friend can't get along with others except them. Minjoo never really interacted with others because she's the type who has her doors shut and won't let anyone in, she has deep scars hidden behind it and she believes no one will accept those imperfections. But an exemption was made when she met Yuri, Wonyoung and Hyewon.

 

She believes that she found people that she trusts.

 

"I told you to at least talk with Chaeryeong, the one who's sitting in front of you when i'm not around so you won't feel lonely. That girl is nice you know." Yuri said, trying to help her friend to open a little room for new people. But she saw how Minjoo smiled sweetly and shook her head.

 

"Don't want to~ Having you three is already enough~" Minjoo cheerfully said. "You think Hyewon sunbae is already there? I'm going to ask her about what happened last night." She added and then walked towards the cafeteria leaving the two behind..

 

Wonyoung and Yuri looked at each other with worries in their eyes and can't help but to sigh deeply. "Minguri! Wait for us!" Yuri shouts and then ran towards her friend. Wonyoung on the other hand followed them by taking her time on walking elegantly on her own.

 

As expected, the three found Hyewon who is already on their table waiting for them with the foods already prepared in front of her. She even ordered for her friends too. The three went on to sit on their own place and started eating.. But Minjoo noticed how her friends are suddenly being quiet today.

 

Minjoo faced Wonyoung who is sitting beside her to ask her again about the details from the party last night but she saw the younger girl has her eyes closed, her arms crossed and sitting straight. 'Is she sleeping again?!' Minjoo thought. This is not something new already because Wonyoung does this everywhere, sleeping, but most of the time she's just closing her eyes..

 

Their table is located near the big windows and Wonyoung is sitting near it. With all the lighting at the background made the taller girl looks picturesque and elegant. Minjoo noticed her friend's pierced ear, she has four piercings in her right ear and Minjoo saw how Wonyoung changed the other three from time to time but the other one she never seen her remove it. She remembered that Wonyoung said it was a family heirloom.. Minjoo never thought of those things existed except when she saw Wonyoung having one and treasuring it dearly.

 

She wanted to bug her bestfriend about her same old questions but the younger one looks peaceful and she doesn't want to disturb her so Minjoo look at the person sitting in front of her instead, Yuri.

 

"Whaaaat?" Yuri asked not looking at the girl who is giving her a glance. "I'm not going to share my food with you, just get Wonyoungie's lunch. She's not going to eat that anyway." She added and then continued on eating her own food.

 

Minjoo scoffed. She decided not to ask her short haired friend, she guessed that Yuri got really wasted too last night just by looking at how she drink the soup that Hyewon brought for her and how she didn't attend their morning class. 

 

"Hyewon sunbae." Minjoo calling her last resort. The older girl looked at her while busily opening her desserts. "What happened last night? I don't remember drinking too much but i still forgot how i got home." She asked. 

 

She's really hopeful of hearing an answer this time since it was Hyewon who hosted the party last night at her house, still illegal. It was a party held for Hyewon's older friends, university students and Minjoo still can't forget how they partied, everywhere she looks she saw people making out. They're not supposed to be attending that party but since they're closed friends they still went. 

 

Hyewon then stopped at what she's doing and looked straight at Minjoo, the said girl even felt a chill down her spine because of that look, suddenly feeling scared at the most friendliest sunbae.. Soon, Hyewon displayed a mischievous look. "You really don't remember huh?" She asked teasingly, there goes the Hyewon that Minjoo knows. 

 

"N-no.." The latter answered stuttering, totally caught at the older's teasing. "I didn't do anything stupid didn't i?" She carefully asked. 

 

Yuri at that time laughed.. 

 

"You really want me to tell you what you did last night??" Hyewon continued with her mischievous tone. "How you drink the tequila straight from the bottle and then started dancing in the middle of the dance floor. How the other seniors keeps hyping you even though you're dancing with a trot son---" 

 

"Okay! Enough! I don't want to know!" Minjoo exclaimed stopping Hyewon on further talking about the things she didn't remember doing but still making her embarrassed.. 

 

Yuri and Hyewon laughed at their friend who is now burrying her face with her hair and even continued teasing her. Soon their laughter calm down and they all went back to finishing their food, except for Wonyoung who is still busy closing her eyes.

 

Minjoo on the other hand was traveling memory lane. She remembered going to the party with Wonyoungie and Joyul, Kwangbae welcoming them and she also recalls the wild university students partying.

 

After that, she remember looking for her friends because she lost them in the crowd or got separated when she went to get them some drinks or maybe she was just enjoying the party.. Minjoo also remembered going up the third floor, Hyewon strictly announced that going up there is restricted but she still went there anyway to search for her friends and there she heard familiar voices talking..

 

Next..

 

Minjoo closes her eyes trying to remember what happened but the next thing she know is 'Having fun with my friends..' She thought.

 

"There's something missing.." She whispered, making the three look at each other. They've been observing Minjoo since awhile ago and it looks like she's forcing herself to remember.

 

Yuri kee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter