The School Festival #1

Hit My Heart

                The start of the day was quite nice, though I feel a bit nervous about the festival—today. I was walking down the field and going to the gates to see how much people were coming in and checking out the school’s 25th festival. We prepared so much for it and it seems like everything is going pretty well. Grade school-ers and middle school-ers are the major population visitors. Well, of course they should check Skye High Middle School out for the better school standards. Some from high-standard schools came, too. My hands were on my back and my lips were pulled tight. Hyunri and Misoon who was in charged of giving out the maps and extra fliers to the guests were smiling cheerfully to make the guests mood go up. “Hey, how are y’doing?” I asked them, smiling.

                Misoon giggled. “It’s fine, don’t worry.” She reassured me.

                “Oh, I see. So, I’ll be just roaming round here, okay?” I say and walked away bidding them good bye for awhile.

                I walked into the hallways and see what the other class were doing. I walked into class 3-G and when I entered; I could scream my heart out of hell. “O-oh! What the--?!” I say, holding my chest and breathing hard, because of the shock. “Dayoon! You almost took my heart out of my chest!” I say and slapped her arm, lightly. It was a haunted animal café, indeed. The class was dressed in animals: dog, cow, rabbit, cat, elephant, bears and more; with the dark, scary, jungle-like café room.

                Dayoon was laughing at me unstoppably. “Haha! If you can only see your face!” she told me, laughing out loud. “Tss,” I say and ignored what she said and looked around for awhile.

                “Pres, do you want to look further inside?” Taeshin said. He is quite chubby and his face was puffy and cute, he wasn’t that tall, almost same height as me and he was dressed in a panda bear costume which looks—too cute—on him, to be true. I take a peek inside the hole, a big black hole where in a normal sized person can fit. Then gruesome sounds just came out from inside it. “I guess, but I still have some classes to check.” I hear myself saying.

                “Scared?” Taeshin said and laughed. “Y’know, those noises are just from the people inside there. We put in some tubes in the hole, so that when they shout it will reveal as if it’s like gruesome, scary noises!” Taeshin explains.

                I laughed sarcastically. “Who says I’m scared?” I asked him. Then suddenly, someone just bumped into my back. “Ah! Y’know I don’t like this kind of things!” It was a guy. His voice was soft and it’s not irritating at all, but why would a guy be scared in this kind of things? The truth is, I’m not scared of the dark, or in here—at all.

                “Donghyun? Youngmin? Is that you?” he says. I think he was looking for his friends. My arms crossed and my eyes furrowed. I was irritated a bit, since I don’t like people bumping into me, unless I was the one who bumped into them. “Aye,” I say and walking away to avoid him. I don’t want to be pushed into the hole in an instant!

                As I walked out the door, I fix my uniform and take a glance back inside. “I hope they’d enjoy that super-scary café.” I say and take a few blocks for a moment and stopped by our classroom. I opened the door and it was quite surprising. I didn’t think that the boys of our class would prepare this kind thing. I was clearly amazed. I didn’t really think that they would plan to make the world’s largest pizza and a chocolate bar!

                My eyes went wide the first time I saw this. “Woah,” I say, leaving my mouth in an ‘o’ shape motion. “Kwangjoo, y’want some? We’re gonna cut a piece for ‘ya!” Said Kiroo as her bangs tucked in her left ear and she was dressed in a sweet, maid costume. She was smiling at me, holding a cutter.

                I thought for a moment. I don’t want to disappoint these guys who worked hard. “Why would I decline the offer of our best class, right?” As I said those words everybody in the room went happy as they cheer for all of us. Kiroo started cutting ¼ piece of the pizza. She gave me a piece and I tasted it.

                “This is…” I whirled my tongue tasting the deliciously made pizza by the class and spoke, they were surely anticipating on what I would say about it. “completely delicious,” I continued, ending my thought.

                Our homeroom teacher suddenly popped out of nowhere. “Would you give me one, please? Goodness Gracious!” He says, and laughing with all of us. Kiroo gave her a piece with some special serving with it—hot sauce. As I was laughing, I stole two pieces of the pizza and walked out to find Eunjae munching the pizza outside, herself. I giggled and turned away back round to give the pizza to Hyunri and Misoon.

                Before going to them, I passed by the Fashion Runway Club. There were different clothes displayed, and it all looked like branded clothes from new York, LA, and Paris. But the truth is, those clothes were only made by the Club members and the other students. “Oh,” I say looking inside. “This dress looks gorgeous,” I say looking at the black chiffon dress. It was simple and it shows perfect beauty. There was one thing I like in there, the neon color sequined jacket. It was definitely awesome at first sight! You will be amazed.

                “Kwangmin, look at that jacket!” A guy said in front of me. He was looking at the sequined jacket, too. That Kwangmin guy looked at me, weirdly. I looked at the pizza I was holding. He began to his lips as I felt uneasy I just walked away far from them. That was weird. I thought myself.

                One of the members approached me holding a navy blue dress. “Pres, this looks good on you. You can take it,” she said. I looked at her with a crooked smile on her face. “No, it’s okay. Besides, I don’t really wear these kinds of clothes.” I told her and give it back. “I’m sorry about that,”

                After my rejection she smiled. “Oh, I see Pres doesn’t really girly things.” She mumbled and went away. But after walking  about threeblocks, she looked back and turned around. “Anyway, I will work harder, Pres! I will make you wear my dresses!” she said.

                I stood there dumb-founded. “She’s really desperate.” I say and went to Hyunri and Misoon.

                As I give them the pizza they were jumping like little kids in the floor. “Thank you!” Hyunri said, jumping in joy. “No problem, the whole class is enjoying the pizza in our room and I thought of you both.”

                “Aye, I wish we were there!” Misoon said finishing her last bite. “It’s so tasty I want more!” I laughed.

                “Go, leave this to me first. You’ve been here for two hours already,” I say taking the fliers from Hyunri’s hands.

                “No, we can do this.” She said, but I still insist. “Are you sure?”

                I nodded my head to reassure them and smiled. “Okay, Misoon! Let’s go and have fun!” I giggled at their expressions. I looked up the sky and smiled. I wish this day will go on forward happily. I thought.

                “Youngmin, do you know where Minwoo has gone?” someone behind me asked. As I looked back there were 4 guys walking and the two of them looked like twins, or was I just daydreaming. I shook my head, closing my eyes. “Who the hell was that? Wasn't he the one wanting my pizza awhile ago?” I say and just continue giving the fliers.

                After some moment, Joohyun came to me shouting. “Kwangjoo! Choi Kwangjoo!” he says, raising his hands up and running towards me. “WHAT?!” I say, loud voice comes out from my mouth. I’m irritated easily if someone is calling me like that.

                “Oops, sorry.” He said and stopped running. “The performance is going to start any minute now; we should change into our clothes and practice a bit.” He says.

                “Oh?! Really?” I looked at my watch to see the time. There’s still 30 minutes left. “Jungshin, please handle this first.” I gave the papers to Jungshin and run to the dressing room with Joohyun, fast. As I was running, I can feel my arm hurting. The pain wasn’t gone. My arm is injured and bruised, badly. No one knows about this except me.

                As long as we got there, I was panting hard and saw Eunjae, Dayoon, Misoon and Hyunri taking their bags and was about to walk in the bathroom to change. “Hey! Kwangjoo and Joohyun! Let’s go! We only have 30 minutes before the performance!” Dayoon signaled us. We took our bags from the sofa and went inside the bathroom, of course Joohyun came into a different one, he’s a boy  y’know? My hands were shaking and I’m a bit nervous, since this will be the first time we’re going to perform in front of the whole school and other people. We’ve tried to play instruments and dance on stage only on our café at night, but with not so many people like this.

                I wore my black front-white back tee and my black navy jeans matching it with Adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott Wings of Flame shoes. I love that shoes since It’s totally my type, and it’s simply cool. Dad even spent some money to buy me that for my birthday present! When I walked out I found Dayoon putting on some powder on her face, catching my eye with her cropped sleeve shirt. It was really gorgeous on her. Going out from the bathroom and tying her hair, Misoon looked really beautiful with her KTZ Big Heart Culotte pants. Eunjae rocked that sequin jacket in red with her KTZ lame cap in brown. She looked dazzling, as for Hyunri who came out of the cubicle last wearing her cropped sleeve animal print dress that was showing off her curves was the most attractive! It was alluring! I looked into the mirror and fixing my tied hair into a ponytail, letting my bangs falls down the left side of my face. “You all look so, so cool.” I smiled. “I love the outfits, ladies.” I continued.

                They all fixed themselves, retouched their make-ups that only I don’t wear. I walked out the bathroom, first hanging my bag on my shoulders and dropping it on the comfy sofa as I lay body there and playing with my IPad. When I look up, I saw Joohyun who was wearing that Baseball Major League cap and jacket which suits him so well. “Woah, so woah.” I say,s topping the game from my IPad.

                “W-why? Doesn’t this fit me?” He asked me, worriedly turning around in front of me with his hands sticking around on the side. I shook my head with my mouth still open. “Then what?”

                “Aye, Kwangjoo! Be careful before flies come in to your mouth!” Eunjae told me as Hyunri was waving her hands in front of me. I again, shook my head. “Just woah,” I say to find everyone looking at Joohyun like you-look-totally-different-oh-my-gosh.

                “Wow, Joohyun. Is that you?” I hear Dayoon asking him Joohyun nodded. “I can’t believe i---”

                “Excuse me, excuse me. Mic test, mic test.” Ms. Han spoke in the microphone. “Hello, everyone. So I think everybody is having fun right now, am I right?” She asked people were screaming as if they know what‘s going to happen.

                In the backstage where all the performers were seated and practicing the performance, there where Minah with her group ‘Evangeline’. Minah came to us with her arms crossed, eyes rolling and her lips shining with lip-gloss as her friends were doing the same, standing at her back. “Well, well, well. Looks like someone is going to compete with us,” she said looking at us.

                I was still sitting on the chair and looking at her like she was nobody. “So?” I say. “This is not a competition, Minah. This is a for-all performance,” I say, standing up.

                She laughed sarcastically. “Let’s just see who will rock the stage, Kwangjoo. Good luck,” she says and slapped my injured arm lightly. “Ah,” I groaned as the pain was crawling down to my arm. I hold my right arm and looked at her with eyes furrowed.

                “You will pay for this, Minah.” I mumbled as she waved her hand Goodbye and went up on stage.

                “What’s wrong, Kwangjoo? Is everything going fine?” Hyunri asked.

                “I’ll explain later.” I say, looking at my injured arm. “Damn it,” I murmured and sat on the chair again.

 


Juicy Orange—————

I'm sorry taht this chapter took so long! It's just that I'm pretty busya nd exams are next week, but I'll still try to update. BTW, tmrw's Saturday, so I sure to update at least three chapters for youa ll! Weee! *confetti* I mean this chapter isn't excitinga t all, or fun. I know it's boring, but the next chapter will be...SECRET. It's a surprise. I've wrote it, but it's not yet finished. HAHAHA. This chapter isn't supposed to be like this, but the file that I svaed that contented this chapter wasn't saved, so yeah. Pretty sorry for taht, I got nnoyed, but this seems much better. I hope you like it! Comment and Subscribe! Please no SILENT READERS. Let me feel'ya!