Prologue

Hit My Heart

                I was walking out the back door, ready to throw the trash on the trash can outside the shop. It was already evening and we’re about to close. Tomorrow we have school and still, we’re here at ‘Mr. Coffee Bean’ working, all afternoon ‘til night. I wiped my sweat away from my forehead and went inside the shop. I untied the ribbon at the back of my apron and started to my vest. It was a bit hot with the uniform and it's a bit warm outside. Tomorrow’s Monday and we have to do meetings about the Student Council again.

                Every afternoon, when at school, at lunch times or when one of us is free, we will go here at ‘Mr. Coffee Bean’—our own coffee shop—and work here at afternoons, or just take a break for relaxation. We don’t have any other employees except for ourselves and my uncle who helped me and my friends manage it, while all of us are studying at school. I’m really thankful to him, because he bought a condominium for me and my friends to stay, so we wouldn’t find it hard going back our home on a different, long-way routes: some from Busan, Mokpo and Myeongdong.

                We’re all about to attend high school this year, after summer. This is the last month of school year 2010-2011, and we have two months for vacation which we are using our time for the coffee shop or if we should attend music lessons; or by just taking a break, wouldn’t that be nice? We’re quite busy, since its finals and we should maintain our rankings. This week, we’re going to prepare for the school’s year-end festival and we’re quite excited. Since we’re the Student Council Members, we could plan for it and gather some suggestions with some students, but I wish no one would interrupt our plans, such as: Ra Minah and her slirt friends—in short for, ty and flirty. Of course, I wouldn’t let her get in the way. Who the heck wants that? No one. So I was planning if we could do a sports festival or such other activities. It would be a good idea.

                Drifting my mind back to work, my uncle was shaking my shoulders with a grateful smile on his face. I didn’t know I fell asleep for just awhile. “Oh, Uncle Shin.” I say, rubbing my eyes, standing up. “Where are the others?” I asked, wandering my eyes around the place.

                “They’re at the car,” he said, pointing out his finger outside the door. “I was just waking you up, since you look tired, I decided to close the shop earlier than an hour. You all look exhausted, you’ve all worked hard.” He told me with a smile.

                “Thank you, I see.” I say. I took my bag and my jacket and tapped Uncle Shin’s shoulder. “Let’s go?” I said and cling on my arms on his. I smiled back and he giggled.

                “But before that,” Uncle Shin pulled out an envelope from his pocket. It sure looks something big. “What is that?”

                He placed the envelope in my hands and clasped it together. “Here, your father gave money for your allowance and tuition.”He told me. “He called me last time when I was driving back here, he wants to talk to you, but you weren’t with me so,” He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled.

                I giggled and opened the envelope. My father is really working hard for my studies. I have a younger sister, still living with him and mom, so I haven’t seen them for awhile. “Thank you, Uncle Shin, but I wish I could call him back,” I say and lowered my head.

Uncle Shin patted my head and smiled, “Don’t you worry, on vacation we’ll go on vacation and visit them back at Mokpo,” he said. “Let’s go, now! The others might have waited for so long in the car,” he said and escorted me out the café.

                I was brushing my teeth inside the bathroom when someone knocked in the door. When I opened it it, by surprise it was Misoon. I raised my eyebrow, asking what she wants. I drink the water from the glass and spit it out the sink. I wiped my mouth with my towel and went out the bathroom. Guess what she wants? She was hungry and she wanted to eat. We went to the kitchen and when we opened the refrigerator, there we saw nothing, but light. As I observe the hungry Misoon. Grooowl. Her stomach shouted. “That sure sounds like a scary monster, Misoon. But didn’t we just eat dinner?” I told her. Misoon is a girl who likes to eat, not that much, but she easily gets hungry. She likes cookies and milk for the better.

                “I’m still hungry! I only ate one piece of chicken and a cup of rice! Joohyun ate half of it!” she said, crossing her arms, pouting. “Please~ Pretty please, Kwangjoo? Let’s buy food!” she begged, using those puppy dog eyes.

                I closed my eyes. “After you stop doing that!” I say pointing at her puppy-dog face.

                Her face turned serious and calm. “Then, should we go now?” she said, standing straight not doing anything. I smiled and took my wallet from my bag. “I think we should?” I laughed, sarcastically. “Let’s go,” I took my jacket with me as we went out the condo.

                While walking down the streets, we were feeling that someone was following us. I stopped my tracks under the street lights. I put my hand on Misoon’s shoulder and asked. “Did you hear that?” I asked her. “Hear what?” she asked me back. I looked back our tracks to find no one, but our shadows. I sighed. “Nothing. The convenience store is still far away our sight, let’s go now,” I told her and started walking again.

                But as seconds pass by, still that feeling was still there. I really feel like there’s someone following us behind. I looked back again. “Is there anything wrong?” Misoon asked me. I didn’t respond to her question and continued walking back.

                As soon as I was near the bushes which looked like some scary monsters at night, I heard people whispering behind it, which cause it to be shaking. I smirked. I poked my head behind it to find four other people, hiding. “I knew it,” I mumbled. All of them looked up at me and stood up.

                Joohyun and Eunjae left a crooked smile on their faces, while Dayoon and Hyunri was giggling all the time. I crossed my arms. “What are you doing here? It’s already 8:00 in the evening!” I say, crossing my arms. Misoon was slowly approaching us. “We should ask you that! And yeah, we were hungry, too.” Dayoon told me, playing with her fingers.

                “Too? Ah, so you knew we were about to buy food, eh?” I say, raising an eyebrow. She plastered a sly smile on her face. “Well, kinda?”

                “Aish,” I whispered and shook my head in disbelief. “You don’t have to hide! You should’ve told us in the first place,” Misoon says slapping Joohyun’s arms.

                “Ah! Misoon!” Joohyun shouted, because of Misoon’s sudden slap in his arms which caused him to jump. “Ssh!” I say, the neighborhood is quiet and it looks like that all people were sleeping in this time of the night. It was kinda late and we’re still awake. We disregard the day tomorrow, Monday.

                “Aye! Aye! Aye! Let’s just all go! It’s getting late!” Eunjae told us and walked away, first. We followed as we all silently walk, until we find the convenience store at sight.

As we were walking more closely, I bumped someone. It was surely a guy, because it was taller than me a zillion times. “Uh-oh—” I say, stumbling. I stepped back a few steps and rubbed my nose. “Ouch,” I say. I looked up, again and noticed that there were six guys in front of us, all.

                “I’m sorry,” he bowed and looked at me. He was eating an ice cream, late at night. “It’s okay,” I told him, awkwardly. We couldn’t see each other clearly, but I could see his innocent looking eyes. I looked at the other’s and find them staring blankly at each other. I held Hyunri’s wrist trying to get out of the awkward situation. “Ah, we should go now.” I say, my hands were shaking.

                “But you just got here?” the one who bumped me said. I didn’t dare to look back and just walked continuously. “Kwangjoo! I’m hungry!” Misoon held my hand and that made me look at her.

                “I’ll just cook for you!” I told her, not looking. “But we don’t have anything to cook that’s why we went here!”  she told me.

                “You can take this if you really need to go,” said one of his friends, offering Misoon some box of cookies. Misoon looked at him, shy. “N-no, I’m fine.” She lied. Grooooowl. The monster hiding in her stomach once growled. He giggled. “Take this and eat. You shouldn’t leave your tummy empty,” he smiled and put it in her hands.

                Misoon was embarrassed and lowered her head taking the cookies and leaving with Kwangjoo. “Ya! Ya!” Dayoon shouted. “Wait for us!” She ran with the others catching up with us.


Eat the Kiwi—————

So, the prologue is here! Guess who are the guys? Wee! I don't want'cha to guess who it is. Because. Because, why? Because they're going to be revealed sooner or later, or maybe the next chapter, or idunno when. Haha. So, I think you realized that I kept the format of writing my story clean, not using such colors or fonts, because idunno. It just keeps bothering me, being simple is showing your beauty. That's what it is, so, just keep reading! I'm sorry for deleting my other story, sincere apologies to that, amigos. Enough with the message now, I hope you enjoyed it! Comment && Subscribe.