"A CAT! A CAT! A CAT!"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always wondered what people meant when they said they were on cloud nine. I thought it was absurd and scary to feel like you're on a cloud. I also questioned how a cloud could possibly handle the weight of their bodies. I always imagined being on a cloud would leave you with a wet and a wicked cold. But I think I am on cloud nine after the night I had with Jong-hyun and everyone else. After I hit my nose on the back of his head, he stayed by my side the rest of the night. I woke up with a wicked bruise but it was nothing that makeup couldn't fix. 

When we went to the arcade, Min-ho did challenge Jong-hyun to a few shooter games but the whole time, Jong-hyun kept me by his side. He kept checking on me to make sure that my nose didn't decide to suddenly gush out blood. Jin-ki also kept tabs on me, but it felt more special coming from Jong-hyun. I even joined in the games as we all played skeeball to see who would get the highest score. Tae-min won which Min-ho could not accept so we all played skeeball again. This time Min-ho winning. Time flew by in the arcade and soon we were all running down the sidewalk to the movie theaters. I truly felt special when Jong-hyun paid for my ticket. It felt like a date. Everyone else paid for their own ticket and I tried to pay for my own but he insisted. Once in the dark theater, I sat next to Jong-hyun with Jin-ki on my other side. 

I barely remember any of the details of the movie. I just found myself glancing at Jong-hyun and at some point, the side of our knees were touching. So scandalous. Okay, not really but my face was on fire from the contact. I wanted to reach out and rest my hand on his bare knee but I kept my composure. The contact of our knees was honestly the most action I had in a long time. I remember I used to casually date this one guy and we made out a lot and sometimes he would my but we never went beyond that. The simple touch of Jong-hyun's knee on the side of mine, somewhat felt hotter than all the things I have done with others. I wanted to just shove my tongue down his throat- girl, get a grip on yourself. Anyway, I spent the entire movie just thinking about Jong-hyun and all the things we could do. Once the movie was over, I felt this sense of sadness. It meant that I was going to have to say goodnight to him. It made me feel a bit pathetic, the fact I was so sad, as if I was not going to see him again. 

Luckily, Jin-ki suggested that we go and get ice cream. So, I felt the butterflies creep back in as Jong-hyun walked next to me to the ice cream parlor. The hyperactivity from earlier had died down significantly. We were all in a state of mellow bliss as we got our ice cream orders. They talked about the movie and I kind of just listened since I did not pay too much attention to the film. As I ate my chocolate ice cream, I could not help but notice how Jong-hyun looked so good his ice cream cone. I honestly felt a bit ashamed of my erted thoughts but those went away. We all kind of finished our ice cream and Min-ho surprisingly paid for all of us. That was when the true sadness came back. It was already after 10PM and I knew I could not hangout much longer. I would be in my kitty form once the clock hit 12. But, before we all said good night, I asked for Jong-hyun's phone number and Tae-min's (so it did not seem suspicious). Jong-hyun and Jin-ki ended up walking home together. Tae-min, Min-ho, and I walking home together since we all lived in the same building. It was a good night and despite some of the teasing, it went better than I expected. I got Jong-hyun's phone number and I managed to make him laugh. I was on the right path to his heart. 

But then I fell off my cloud when I thought about the conditions of my curse. I have to find my true love. I am sure that my true love is Jong-hyun but, it was a matter of if he felt the same. The only way to know is to share a passionate kiss with Jong-hyun. I mean, I could have endless make-out sessions with him but if he did not feel the love in his heart then I will still remain as a cat. There was also the matter of telling Jong-hyun about my curse. I've never told anyone besides Min-ho. Min-ho honestly found out on accident. We were hanging out at my home and we got lost in video games and movies. I had totally forgotten about the time and the next thing we knew, I was standing in front of him as a cat. He screamed and literally ran out of my home. I sat and waited for him to come back- which he did- and my mother explained everything to him. From then on, we agreed to move into an apartment together and that he would take care of me. My mom thinks Min-ho could be my true love but I would never. I could not imagine myself with Min-ho. We are just too different and we fight too much for a real relationship to grow. We press each other's buttons too much. 

Even now as I sit in my cat form in front of my empty water bowl. I watch as he cooks himself breakfast. I am dying of thirst over here because my water bowl is empty along with my food bowl. I can hear and feel my tummy rumble. I let out a meow to try and get his attention, but he is too busy burning pancakes to notice. I shake my head and stand back on my hind legs. My eyes targeting the counter as I leap forward and onto it. I creep over to Min-ho, my eyes looking at him. I paw at his arm and let out another meow. I need water and food. 

"Huh? What do you want?" Min-ho asks me as he flips his burnt pancake. 

I meow once again and look over to my empty bowls. He does not bother to follow my gaze as he stacks his pancakes on a plate. I count them out and scoff in my cat form. He burnt ten pancakes all for himself to eat. My eyes narrow as I watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter