"Hyung, They're Both Kinda In Love With You"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel my heart soothing over as I take in greasy, hot street food. I'm glad that I voted on Jin-ki's idea to go around and eat streetfoods in Dae-gu. It's helping me to slightly forget the fact that going to Lady Jang was a complete failure. I let the hot tteokbokki warm up my body as I listen to the others laugh and joke around. 

Min-ho is the only one who isn't taking part in the conversation. I don't know what he talked to Lady Jang about or what was said when I went back upstairs. I want to ask him but I decide to leave the topic alone as Jin-ki and Jong-hyun get into a contest of trying to burp the alphabet. How gross. I finish up my hot snack and throw the empty paper bowl in a trashcan. I tuck my hands into the pockets of my jeans as I try to clear my mind. 

I know that Jong-hyun was too scared to even speak to Lady Jang. Her presence was powerful but I wouldn't call it scary. I suppose the fear of the unknown causes people to clam up and go quiet. It's bothering my heart that he didn't try though. Does he truly like me enough to break my curse? Lady Jang's words are stuck in my head. Her words about consent and what a person will do for someone they love. 

Dammit, Ki-bum. You aren't supposed to cry. I blink hard as my eyes water up. I look away from the mess of Jong-hyun and Jin-ki. I try to focus on observing the people on the street around us, but my eyes land on a couple and I feel my heart slowly tearing apart. I my lips as I grab my phone out to check the time. It is almost 3PM, we should just head back to Seoul. There's no point in hanging around Dae-gu anymore. 

"Ki-bum-yah, are you okay?" Jong-hyun suddenly asks me. 

I turn my head to face him and the others. Tae-min and Jin-ki looking at me with concern in their eyes. I don't want to have pity taken on me. I know what everyone is thinking because even I am thinking it myself. Jong-hyun probably isn't the right person to break my curse. There is no way I can force him to suffer through his allergies for me. It's something that he will have to be willing to do himself. I think in the beginning he thought he could, but it's hard to be around something that makes you feel so uncomfortable. 

The last think I want is to force Jong-hyun to suffer because of me. That is too selfish to do to someone who is so sweet, kind, generous, and loyal. I force a smile on my lips as I nod my head. My throat feels tight from the need to sob but I hold it all in. I reassure the guys I am doing fine and that we should head back to Seoul soon. They agree with me and we end our journey with the street food to get back to the train station. 

"I hope we can get back before it's not too late. I have an exam to still study for." Jong-hyun comments. 

"Wah, you came even though you have an exam tomorrow?" Tae-min asks. 

I tune out the conversation as I drag my feet behind them. I am seriously sulking and it's not a good look on me. I can't help but sulk though. I'm sure you would too if you were cursed and the person you thought could break it, ends up not being the one. , the tears are coming back even as I think about it now. I blink hard and try to think of the subtle things that make me happy. 

Like when customers compliment me after getting their drinks or how Soo-jung will let me practice putting makeup on her on slow days. I also like when I'm in my cat form and just lazing about with Min-ho.  The way he will idly run his fingers through my fur as he watches sports on TV. I also enjoy when Jin-ki stumbles a bit and spills coffee. It sounds a bit mean but his face turns this light hue of pink and he has the courage to laugh at himself. 

Those things are enough to keep the tears out of my eyes as we head into the station. We all thank Jin-ki as he pays for our tickets. We then stand on the platform as we wait for the train to come. There is an air of silence around us as we wait. My eyes go to Jong-hyun, who is on his phone typing. I look away from him as I feel a small pang in my heart. Does he not like me anymore? Or did I put too much pressure on him? 

A soft sigh comes out of my lips as we wait. Tae-min tries to break the ice by talking about the upcoming snow. We are supposed to get our first snow for the winter soon. It's enough to get Jin-ki and Jong-hyun talking again but Min-ho has been dead silent. It is not like him to be this quiet especially in a group setting. He didn’t even join in the burping competition between Jin-ki and Jong-hyun. I find myself slowly inching towards Min-ho as Tae-min stands on his other side, holding onto h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter