"I Just Want Proof"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With our confessions out there, Jong-hyun and I decided to go on a date. I am officially on cloud nine with no plans to come down. I can't believe he likes me back and it will only be a matter of time before he loves me. I can't keep calm as we walk through the park with Roo. Our date being a stroll through the park with the sausage shaped pooch. She's growing used to me, but she still has the tendency to bark or growl at me when I meet Jong-hyun at his front door; she'll get used to us soon. No biggie. It's just like I am getting used to the fact that Jong-hyun likes me back. It feels a bit unbelievable but I shouldn't sell myself short. I am very cute, charismatic, and funny. Any man would be lucky to have me but I am grateful it's Jong-hyun.

There is still the matter of getting him to love me in my cat form. I haven't brought up the curse to him yet. I know he probably won't judge me- I mean he caught me under his bed- but the thought of it still scares me. Especially because of how allergic to kitty me he is. The thought of him suffering through his allergies for me is heartbreaking. I've seen his eyes grow so watery that it looks painful, his skin turn red and itchy, and I've heard his nose clog up like a drain. He will always be in discomfort every time he sees me as a kitty; and if I give him allergy medication, he will only feel the urge to sleep. It is quite the dilemma and I have to admit it stresses me out a bit. 

I figured before calling Lady Jang, I should tell Jong-hyun about my curse. I don't want to have any magic being done without Jong-hyun being aware. 

I gently squeeze his hand as we near a park bench, I nod my head to the side towards the bench and sit down next to him. I watch as he bends over to scoop Roo into his arms as we sit down together. Our eyes watching the children playing on the nearby playground. They're adorable, especially the little girl with the pigtails, who is bossing the boys around. She will make a great leader someday. You go, girl.

Anyway, "Jong-hyun?" I start off.

I watch as he rubs Roo's ear with his hands to warm them up. I can't help but smile at his gentle and caring gesture. Why he is so kind and considerate? I am so in love with the softest human on earth. No, Jin-ki is the softest but Jong-hyun is a high second. Everything Jong-hyun does for Roo is out of pure love. It lets me know that he will take good care of me in my kitty form when the time comes. If he can survive my fur. It truly . 

"Yes, Ki-bum?~" He asks me with a smile. 

I my lips as crisp air hits my face, "I have to tell you something. It's pretty important." 

His eyebrows furrow a bit as he looks at me with concern. He turns his body towards mine, his hands hugging Roo's head to his chest. Aish, why is he so cute? His gorgeous chocolate brown orbs are filled with so much compassion. It makes me want to grab his perfect face between my hands and kiss his lips. He is throwing my whole train of thought off with this simple look of care. No, focus Ki-bum. 

"Okay, so you know that cat... The cat that you met, the one Min-ho and I take care of?" I ask.

Jong-hyun lips curl into a smile, "Ah, yes. Bonbon.~ He's a very cute cat. It's hard believing he is a stray."  

I feel my cheeks heat up from the smile on his lips and the compliment. I am pretty cute in kitty form but I wasn't expecting him to say it so freely. It also is heart warming knowing he thinks I shouldn't be a "stray". Ah, why is he so perfect?

"Yes, Bonbon... I am Bonbon." I say.

Jong-hyun's eyebrow quirks up then he lets out a joyful laugh. His hand curling around Roo's fur as his body shakes from the laughter. My face is probably as red as a tomato, it's warm enough to protect me from the crisp air. , that does sound weird, doesn't it? 'Hi, I'm Ki-bum and I'm a cat.' I should have explained that a little better. At least he thinks I'm funny. 

"Aigoo, Ki-bum, are you saying you're as cute as Bonbon? You two definitely are cuties." He says with a wink.

"No, Jong-hyun. I mean, yeah I am cute and so is Bonbon but Bonbon is me."

Jong-hyun scratches the nape of his neck, his laughter subsiding. "What do you mean? Did Min-ho put you up to this?"

Min-ho? What the hell does Min-ho have to do with this? 

"No. Let me explain... Ages ago, someone in my ancestral family tree got a curse put upon them by a witch. The curse was turning that family member into a cat for 12 hours a day and that would be passed onto their offspring. It is honestly such a strange curse. I'm not sure why the witch picked that curse, but here I am. I turn into a cat everyday from midnight to noon." 

It truly sounds insane when I say it out loud. I suddenly feel like I am a teen again, sitting next to my mom explaining the curse to Min-ho. Min-ho had laughed in disbelief and thought he was going insane. He came to terms with it quickly though. It shocked me quit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter