Trust (YeMin)

My one-shot collection

 

“Oops!”

 

His books scattered on the floor, creating loud sounds, as he bumped by someone. Without looking at that person, he kneeled to pick up his books while saying ‘sorry’; he knows that it is his fault for reading while walking.

 

But then, he saw small hands picking up his books as well and even offered his hand to help him stand up. He accepted the hand and was pulled up by the stranger. The hand is smaller than average, but it is strong, warm and soft. He finally took the courage to look at the stranger, finding his heart skip a beat, and fireworks are blasting on his stomach.

 

Hell, this man is so handsome! He has these pointy eyes that could throw needles at you when he deeply stares at you, but the man is looking at him with gentleness that it made him melt all over. His smile is very alluring. His crystal white teeth peek thru his pale lips, and it made him want to kiss it to give it more life, now slapping himself mentally for thinking like that.

 

“Sorry, Sungmin-sshi.” Oh , even his voice sounded like he is singing a sensual song to seduce him! He blinked his eyes fast as he parted his lips and tried to breathe properly for his heart and lungs aren’t coordinating well right now. But then, realization hit him. He narrowed his eyes and tilted his head, “How did you know my name?”

 

The stranger chuckled – , he’s seducing me! “I saw it on one of your books.” He smiled sheepishly and clutched on his books tighter, embarrassed. “I see, sorry.” Then, the man handed the books to him, which he instantly took, making their hands accidentally touch, sending electricity shocks to his body with the contact.

 

He blushed. “W-we… we will meet again, right?” He nervously asked the man. The tall guy smiled before turning to take his leave, “Of course.”

 

But Sungmin halted him. The stranger turned to him with a naïve look.

 

“What is… your… name?” He knows his face turned red.

 

The stranger smiled, “Yesung.”

 

 

 

Yesung… what a beautiful name… it fits him.

 

 

 

Believe it or not, Sungmin fell in love at first sight.

 

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

 

Yesung is right; they met again. This time, it was at SM University, where Sungmin is studying. Yesung happened to be a transferee, and almost had the same classes as Sungmin since they’re both taking Post Modern Music.

 

Since then, they got closer, and Sungmin just fell for the guy more.

 

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

“Hyung, I’m coming~!!!” Sungmin screamed from the top of his lungs, tightening his grip on Yesung’s sweaty arms. “Go on.” The older guy breathed on his ear, making the younger spurt his liquid on his hyung’s hand. With just a few more powerful s, Yesung finally had his release, with the guy under him shuddering while receiving Yesung’s seeds.

 

Yesung collapsed beside Sungmin, and the younger cuddled to him like a baby, smelling the mixture of vanilla and from Yesung. He whispered, “I love you…” But before he could hear the other’s reply, he already fell asleep.

 

Honestly, Yesung didn’t even reply to that.

 

 

After assuring that the younger is now unconscious, he gently removed his arm from the sleeping guy’s head and lifted the blanket to cover Sungmin’s petite body. He stared at his angelic face for a while, brushed away the wet hair covering the younger’s face, and gently kissed Sungmin’s forehead. He whispered, “I’m sorry, Sungmin…”

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

Sungmin woke up due to a movement on his hands. He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was his legs – he is now wearing jeans. He clearly remembers that he just made love with his Yesung hyung, and he doesn’t know if he already dressed up. Then, he noticed that he is sitting, and his feet were tied because he can’t move it.

 

“Oh, so you’re already awake?” He heard an unfamiliar voice from behind him, making him snap his head to where the voice came from. He wanted to speak, but a tape plastered on his mouth prevented him from doing so. He wriggled his body, only to find out that his hands were tied as well.

 

He frowned; he does not know what happened, he does not know who this person is, and he does not know where he is. But one thing is for sure, he is kidnapped. But why?

 

Oh my God. Where is Yesung hyung?! I can’t see him anywhere here!

 

“Looking for your boyfriend?” The man said, now laughing mockingly. The unknown person grabbed his hair and harshly tugged it to make him look at his captor. “You never had a boyfriend, Sungmin-sshi. Yesung is not Yesung.”

 

What?

 

The man chuckled, and stood up properly, looking at the side of the door, shouting, “Jongwoon-ah, show your handsome face to your pretty toy!”

 

Who is Jongwoon?

 

Sungmin’s chest made a noise as his gaze averted to the door, widening his eyes when Yesung appeared with a blank expression on his face. He was wearing the same clothes he wore when they met earlier. He squirmed, his eyes getting teary because of the pain he feels; seeing Yesung as one of the guys who kidnapped him.

 

Why is Yesung hyung here? Why did he do this to me?!

 

The unknown man tapped Yesung’s shoulder, “You explain to him, okay? He will not listen to me.” And then, the other man left the two of them, staring at each other.

 

Sungmin is now crying. He really wants to ask all the questions piled in his mind, but because of the tape on his mouth, he can’t utter a word. Yesung kneeled in front of the captive and wiped his friend’s tears using his thumb, “My real name is not Yesung, Sungmin. It is Jongwoon.” But Sungmin’s tears won’t stop falling.

 

“Do you want to know why you are here?” Yesung, no, Jongwoon asked Sungmin, who just nodded. The older guy brought his lips to Sungmin’s ear and whispered huskily, “I brought you here.” He then moved away with a smirk, his tone suddenly going down and creepy, “It’s your father’s fault. If your father didn’t deny the contract of merger, our business wouldn’t go bankrupt and my mother won’t die due to sickness.”

 

Sungmin’s foxy eyes became wider, tears somehow stopped falling. So, he’s the son of that man? No, no, hyung, your father betrayed my father! He was the one who sold our company’s ideas to the rival corporations that’s why father denied the merger!!! Please don’t misunderstand, hyung! He wanted to say those. Again, it’s because of the cover on his mouth.

 

Therefore, he just shook his head vigorously, trying if that could convince the guy that what they think is wrong. Jongwoon chuckled, “What, you will say something?” When the other nodded, his eyebrows straightened and his expression became blank again. Sungmin had that look on his eyes that is a pleading one.

 

Jongwoon then harshly removed the tape on Sungmin’s mouth, earning a wince and whimpers from the captive. “Now, speak up.” Jongwoon firmly commanded, making the younger gulp before starting. His voice cracked, “Yesu- h-hyung, the reason why dad denied the merger is because your dad was the one who sold the ideas for the project on that time! He sold it to the rival company! Please believe me, hyung…”

 

The older guy frowned, “Why would I believe you?” Sungmin said a bit loud, “Because it’s the truth! I never told a lie to you! You know I don’t lie… especially to you…” Jongwoon didn’t say anything. He just eyed his dongsaeng with a mixture of disbelief and confusion. Deep inside him, he kind of believes Sungmin. But, he knows that his father won’t lie on a serious kind of issue like that.

 

“I don’t believe you.” Jongwoon glared at the crying male in front of him, who continuously said, “Please believe me… I’m saying the truth…” He doesn’t know why, but Sungmin’s tears and pleading voice were like squeezing his heart that it actually hurts right now. He wants to believe Sungmin, but he is on his father’s side; he even agreed to befriend Sungmin to earn his trust and easily kidnap him.

 

“Hyung… did you love me?” The orange-haired weakly asked. Instead of answering, Jongwoon stood up and grabbed something on the table, which is the tape used to cover Sungmin’s mouth, and peeled a length of it. He went near the captive and plastered it on the younger’s mouth before coldly saying…

 

 

“I never loved you. I just used you.”

 

 

Sungmin’s tears flowed more as he gaped at the retreating back of his hyung, now crying all the pain that struck his heart out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon stared blankly at the floor that he didn’t notice his father calling him. His father patted his shoulder, finally catching his attention. “Son, what’s wrong with you?” The younger weakly shook his head. Mr. Kim sighed and smiled, “I forgot to congratulate you for doing a very good job. You easily got that Lee Sungmin and he is now on our hands.” He just slightly smiled and nodded once.

 

“I’ll go check on him, okay?” The elder said. Jongwoon snapped his head at his father with surprised eyes, “Father, don’t hurt him.” He weakly said.

 

His father narrowed his eyes, “What? Don’t tell me you’ve grown attached to that boy.” He creased his forehead, “Uh, no. It’s just that, if you hurt him, he will die. He is that soft and fragile. I don’t want you killing someone.” The man raised an eyebrow, “Oh, okay then. How were you able to bring him here, by the way?”

 

Jongwoon gulped; he doesn’t know if he should say that they had before he brought him here. “Uh…” He tried making up a reason. “I made him drink something with a sleeping substance.” He sighed inaudibly when his father seemed to believe him and turned to go to where Sungmin is.

 

 

 

 

He didn’t go home after that. He just stayed inside the abandoned house, but he was away from where they kept Sungmin. He can’t take it every time he hears Sungmin cry in pain. He can’t bear seeing Sungmin cry. He can’t stand to think that he was the reason why Sungmin’s bright smile was suddenly gone and was replaced with sorrow.

 

 

 

That night, he was making his way to the kitchen, which was near Sungmin’s room, and heard Sungmin’s screams again. This time, he finally found the courage to take a peek, only for his chest to tighten with the scene of Sungmin, still tied on the chair, being beaten up by his father.

 

His father held Sungmin on his chin and frustratingly, “HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT, KID?! YOU KNOW NOTHING!” Sungmin has no barrier to speak, so he was able to answer back, “But it’s true! You are the one who sold the concept for the next project to the Parks! Since you only received a few bucks from them, you shamelessly offered a merger with my dad, unfortunately, he knew about your scheme and denied it! And now, you’re blaming dad for your misfortunes when it is your fault?! Why won’t you just be thankful that he didn’t file a case against you?!”

 

This angered the elder and tightened his grip on the younger’s chin. He flared and violently punched Sungmin, making the boy fall with the chair; Jongwoon jerked with every strike his father made on Sungmin. He shut his teary eyes, and turned his head to the other side. He can’t afford to see Sungmin hurting and bloody.

 

 

“I’LL KILL YOU!!!”

 

 

Jongwoon’s father grabbed a bottle of beer, and was about to hit Sungmin thru it, but Jongwoon pulled his arm and snatch the bottle from him, and rushed to Sungmin, shielding the boy. “Father, I told you not to hurt him!” Jongwoon said to his shocked father. Even the other members of the syndicate were surprised at Jongwoon as well.

 

The elder mockingly laughed, “C’mon, son, he said bad things about me!” The son retorted, “But what he said was all true, right? That the merger was denied because you betrayed your friend?!” His father’s face turned serious and firmly said, “Stay away from matters like this, Kim Jongwoon.”

 

“So it’s true?! Father, how could you do this?!” he shrieked. “I said, go away and don’t protect that boy!” his father shouted at him.

 

But Jongwoon just leaned his back closer to the weak body of Sungmin, tightening his hold on his dongsaeng’s arm, “No! I will protect Sungmin! You lied to me!!! You lured me!!!”

 

His father’s anger blazed and went to punch his own son just to make him stay away from their captive, but the younger was stubborn; he doesn’t let go of Sungmin and just receives the punches of his father, ignoring Sungmin’s weak pleas, “Hyung, please go now… leave me…”

 

“No.” Jongwoon grunted as he tried to block his father’s beatings, making the younger cry more. He was even kicked now.

 

Then, to their surprise, his father brought out his gun and pointed it at the two young boys, making Jongwoon widen his eyes and protectively shielded Sungmin again.

 

“Move or I’ll shoot you, Jongwoon,” his father threatened.

 

“No! He’s your son!” One of his father’s friends shouted. But the leader shouted at them, “I don’t ing care! He doesn’t obey me, so I have to punish this brat!”

 

Jongwoon closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around Sungmin when his father moved to trigger the gun, but was stopped by a friend, who tried to get the gun from his father. “Jongwoon-ah, go now!!! Take that boy with you!!! Now!!!”

 

Without hesitation, Jongwoon nodded and untied Sungmin, pulling him up and dragged him out of the room.

 

However, before they made it to the door, Jongwoon’s father pushed his friend and shouted, “YOU WON’T GET AWAY!!!” he was now pointing the gun at Sungmin’s direction. Jongwoon immediately pushed the younger boy.

 

 

BANG!!!

 

 

A gunshot was heard as Sungmin’s body fell on the floor. He quickly turned around and saw Jongwoon lying on the floor, blood gushing out from his back, near his armpit area. , there are vital organs there!!! Sungmin cursed, standing up to rush to his shot hyung. The gunshot caused panic among the syndicate members, who all ran to go out of the house.

 

Jongwoon’s father let go of his gun as he stared at his son, who was now being shaken by a crying Sungmin. He just shot his son. He might kill his son… his first son… his only son. He then stared at the gun on the floor.

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Please hold onto yourself! You will survive!” Sungmin cried while shaking his hyung. Jongwoon weakly smiled and wiped Sungmin’s tears using his thumb, “I’m sorry…” Sungmin held his hand and kissed it, “I won’t forgive you if you die! If you live, I will forgive you, I promise!!! You can do it, hyung!”

 

But Jongwoon’s eyelids are getting heavier. “No, hyung, please don’t close your eyes!!! Help will soon come!!! Please don’t die!!!”

 

“I love you, Sungmin…” The guy lying whispered before he closed his eyes, smiling when he heard the sound of the police siren.

 

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

He opened his eyes. All he saw was white. Am I now in heaven? I don’t deserve to be here.

 

 

 

“Hyung?”

 

 

Oh yes. I’m really in heaven. An angel is calling me…

 

 

“Jongwoon hyung?”

 

 

Wait. That’s Sungmin’s voice…

 

 

“Oh my God, Jongwoon hyung is awake! Hyukkie, call the doctor!”

 

 

Doctor? What doctor? What the-

 

 

He looked to his left and saw a window with white curtains designed, and saw buildings. “Jongwoon hyung?” He looked to his right and saw that angel, his angel, looking at him, smiling. “Sungmin?” He finally said, making the younger beam and cry.

 

Sungmin hugged the patient, “Hyung! You’re alive! I’m so happy!!!”

 

He choked, “Y-you’re h-heavy, Minnie.” The younger instantly moved away with a sheepish smile, biting his lips. “I’m glad you’re now safe, hyung!” Sungmin giddily said, tightening his grip on his hyung’s hand. “I’m more glad that you’re safe, Sungmin. I’m really sorry for-”

 

But Sungmin cut him with a peck on his lips. “Since you’re alive, I now forgive you!”

 

“But, Min-” He was kissed again.

 

 

Jongwoon smiled, “If only my body doesn’t hurt, I will pin you now on the bed and give you a proper kiss.” Sungmin grinned and teased, “That’s too bad~”

 

Jongwoon gripped Sungmin’s hand tight, “Min…” The younger hummed in response. Jongwoon heaved a deep breath before saying, “I love you.”

 

 

Again, Sungmin’s tears fell from his eyes, making the patient worry, “Yah, why are you crying?!” Sungmin wiped his tears and laughed, shaking his head, “It’s nothing! It’s just that, I’m happy that you also love me when you told me you don’t…” The older’s face softened, “I’m really sorry… I had to do it…”

 

“I love you too, hyung!!! SOOOO VEEEERRRYYYY MUCH~!” Sungmin hugged Jongwoon, his bright smile going back.

 

 

“Min, look at me.”

 

Sungmin raised his head to look at Jongwoon’s worn out, but still handsome face. Jongwoon reached up and kissed Sungmin’s lips, with the younger immediately kissing back as soon as their lips touched.