Why Did I fall In Love With You? (KyuMin)

My one-shot collection

I asked myself, “Why did I fall in love with you?” I don’t know.
 
 
 
 
8-year old Kyuhyun was playing on his PSP and was about to achieve victory on the game when weight was pressed on his back and small arms wrapped around his neck, totally blocking his view on his gadget. When the screen showed, ‘YOU LOST’, he had this urge to shout at the one who caused him to be defeated, but as he turned to do that, the idea of scolding that person was suddenly gone when he saw his favorite hyung, crying.
 
He got worried and stood up, reaching for his taller hyung’s eyes, and since he can’t reach it, he silently cursed himself for being small, “Min-hyung, why are you crying?” Then, he was enveloped in a tight and shaky hug. He can’t help himself but hug back his hyung to comfort him, though he doesn’t know the reason why he is crying.
 
He gently the back of Sungmin as he said, “Hyung, can we please sit? You’re so tall… I’ll have stiff neck if we stayed like this longer…” The older chuckled before he moved away while wiping his tears and then nodded. Kyuhyun led his hyung to sit on his couch and there he snuggled with him on the side, his chin placed on Sungmin’s shoulder, “So, hyung… did I make you cry? I’m not mad at you for making me lose in the game…” Half….
 
Sungmin chuckled as he positioned his head on top if his dongsaeng’s head, “No, it’s not your fault, Kyu. I just…” The younger asked, full of sincerity on his young voice, “What? You can tell me… I’ll listen.” Sungmin can’t help but smile because of Kyuhyun’s sweetness, making him feel that he’s the luckiest guy to have a best friend like Kyuhyun.
 
He continued, his voice cracking because he will soon cry again, “Kyu, I don’t want to go to Japan.” The younger moved away, tears now pooling inside his eyes from shock, “What? You’re going to Japan? Why? You’re going to leave me?” Tears fell again from Sungmin’s doe eyes, “That’s why I don’t want to go there… I don’t want to leave you… but… but… my mom said that this is for our business… and… and… I can’t… refuse…”
 
Kyuhyun bit his lips to prevent himself from crying; he doesn’t want his Sungmin-hyung to go, but he has to let him go for this is for Sungmin too. He shouldn’t be selfish. He also wants to stay strong for his hyung… he knows that Sungmin will be more lonely if he will see that he is crying as well.
 
He hugged Sungmin tight, burying his face on the latter’s arm, “Hyung… I don’t want you to go… but… you have to…” He then raised his head to look at his crying hyung’s face, “I will wait for you…”
 
Sungmin smiled, “Promise?”
 
Kyuhyun raised his pinky finger, “Promise! I will give you my heart if I broke that!” The older ruffled his dongsaeng’s curly hair, “Corny Kyu.”
 
 
 
“I will miss you, Minnie-hyung.”
 
 
“I will miss you too, Kyu… very much.”
 
 
 
 
 
You are the most precious jewel to me. You make me smile when I’m sad, you always try to make me laugh with your lame jokes, but seriously, just seeing you smile can already make my day.
 
 
 
 
 
Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun are best of friends since little Kyuhyun can recognize people. They are inseparable; wherever one goes, the other is also there. However, it was only broken when Sungmin continued his studies in Japan. It should have been fine for the both of them… The sad thing is that they have no connection at all. Sungmin’s mother forbid him to have any connection with someone from Korea, especially Kyuhyun; that will just make Sungmin miss his homeland and not focus on his studies.
 
 
 
 
I cried a lot while we were apart. I feel empty when you’re not around. I have no source of energy and happiness whenever I need comfort from you. Challenges came through my life, and you are not there beside me… I absolutely regret my decision to be away from you.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin didn’t forget. Kyuhyun will always be on his mind wherever he goes, thinking if he already did his homework, if he ate his lunch, if he drank his vitamins, etc. Kyuhyun kept on bugging his mind but it didn’t affect his studies at all. In fact, he graduated as Magna Laude in Tokyo University, Major in Business Administration.
 
 
 
 
 
And now, after 15 years, here he is, standing in front of his missed dongsaeng’s house, still as big as ever, though some decorations were changed. He pressed the doorbell and a speaker talked to him, “Welcome to the Cho residence, may I know who you are?
 
He cleared his throat before speaking, “Uh, Lee Sungmin.” Then, the once formal voice turned into a shriek, “Oh my gosh! Is that really you, Minnie-oppa?! It’s Ahra! Remember me?” Sungmin chuckled, “How would I ever forget you, Ahra?” The girl on the speaker replied, “Haha! Okay, wait, I’ll open the gate!
 
Then, the tall white gate opened automatically, sliding sidewards, and he saw a woman about his age, whom he thought to be Ahra, running to him and instantly hugged him, “Oppa! I missed you!!!” She moved away and her face showed an amazed expression, “Shocks, oppa, you’re so handsome!!! Can Japan really make someone so good looking as you?!”
 
The guy smiled, “No, but you’re very beautiful, Ahra.” The lady blushed and playfully slapped Sungmin on the arm, “Omo, oppa~ I’m shy~” She then tugged his wrist and led him inside their mansion, “Come on, I’ll show you to appa and umma!”
 
He asked, “Where’s Kyuhyun?” She replied while pulling him towards the living room, “Still at work. He’s already a singer!” Sungmin raised an eyebrow, “Really? Why didn’t I hear that?” She laughed before opening the entrance to their living room, “He just debuted months ago, so he’s not yet that famous… well, he’s quite famous now.”
 
She shouted, “Umma! Appa! Look who I’ve got here!” Mr. Cho smiled dearly, trying to recognize Sungmin, “Your boyfriend, Ahra? He’s handsome…” Ahra let go of Sungmin’s wrist and waved it in front of her chest, “Huh? No! No! He’s Sungmin! Lee Sungmin! You know, Kyubaby’s childhood friend?”
 
When the couple’s mouth formed an “A”, Sungmin bowed 90 degrees and greeted, “Hello auntie and uncle… Long time no see.” Mrs. Cho placed her cup on the table to approach Sungmin and give him a warm hug, “Oh, we’ve missed you so much dear. Now look at you, so handsome and healthy!”
 
Mr. Cho spoke in a fatherly tone, “So, how’s life, son?” He answered politely, “I’m already taking care of our family business and that’s mainly the reason why I am here.” The older man patted his shoulder, “When did you arrive here in Korea?” Sungmin chuckled, “This morning.”
 
Mrs. Cho clapped her hands, “You must be hungry now, Sungmin. Join us for lunch! I know you missed my cooking!” He giggled, “Yeah, I really do, auntie. Your food is the best.”
 
 
Suddenly, the door opened and a deep, young voice was heard, “Umma, appa, have you seen Ahra-noona?” Ahra raised her hand enthusiastically while the three looked at the one who spoke.
 
The brown-haired guy gawked at their guest and as realization hit him, his eyes sparkled and widened, “Oh my, is that you, Sungmin-hyung?” Sungmin smiled at his dongsaeng, “I thought you have forgotten me, Kyu.” Kyuhyun beamed in happiness and ran to his missed hyung to hug him very tight, “OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! YOU’RE ACTUALLY HERE! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU?!”
 
Sungmin broke the hug, his smile can’t fade away, “I know… I won’t leave again.” Kyuhyun’s smile grew wider, “For real?” The older one nodded vigorously before the younger hugged him again.
 
He broke the hug again, this time, with a pout, “Gosh, Kyu, you’re now taller than me!” Kyuhyun looked at his hyung from head to toe, then grinned, “Yeah… and to think that I actually curse myself before for being smaller than you.”
 
 
 
 
 
When my eyes laid on you again, I suddenly thought, ‘Is that you?!’ You totally changed! Totally different from the appearance of my best friend I knew 15 years ago! You look absolutely… great. Words alone cannot describe the change you have made these past years! Though you really looked good when we were still kids, but… now… WOW. I’m speechless. You’re very beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 
“Kyuhyunnie-oppa~”
 
 
Then, a girl’s voice echoed on the four corners of the room, making the other five look for the source of the voice. They saw a pretty, tall girl standing at the door, a sweet smile plastered on her face. Kyuhyun rushed to the girl with an apologetic face, while his parents and sister rolled their eyes and went back to their previous works, ignoring the visitor, making Sungmin quite confused.
 
He wrapped an arm around the lady’s slim waist and pecked her cheek, making Sungmin rather irritated with the scene. The girl pouted at Kyuhyun, “I have been looking for you here…” The tall guy smiled sheepishly, “Sorry, babe, I was supposed to look for Ahra-noona only and get back to you, but I saw my childhood best friend! I haven’t seen him in years!”
 
The girl raised an eyebrow, “You have a childhood best friend friend?” So, Kyu never mentioned me to his friends, huh….
 
 
 
The singer looked at her innocently, “I didn’t tell you?” When the girl shook her head, he just smiled and pulled her towards Sungmin, who had his back faced at the two, trying to hide the disappointment he feels right now. Kyuhyun poked Sungmin’s shoulder, making the latter turn his body to them and his lips instantly curved a smile as he saw the pretty girl. Shocks, she’s a goddess!
 
Kyuhyun raised his hand to Sungmin while looking at the girl he is with, “Babe, this is my Sungmin-hyung. He just came from Japan after 15 years of his stay there.” The girl bowed slightly, her face pleasant as ever, “Oh! Hello there, oppa!” Kyuhyun continued, now looking at Sungmin, “And hyung, this is Seohyun, my girlfriend.” Ow. His girlfriend… wait, why am I hurt? , Sungmin, Japan didn’t make you gay just because you saw that your best friend is definitely hot! Oh no, did I just admit that I’m gay? , Japan.*
 
 
 
Sungmin bowed 90 degrees, “Nice to meet you, Seohyun-sshi.” Sungmin’s polite and formal action made her a bit uncomfortable, and the black-haired guy noticed that. He smiled sheepishly, “Sorry, Seohyun-sshi… I’m used to bowing 90 degrees to everyone that I meet… Japan is strict when it comes to that.** Sorry again.” Seohyun’s voice cracked as he chuckled with Kyuhyun and waved her hand, “Oh, I’m sorry too, oppa. I forgot that you lived there for more than a decade…”
 
There was awkward silence between the two, so Kyuhyun decided to break it, “So, uh, hyung, Seohyun and I will eat outside… want to join us? Don’t worry, her friends will be there too.” Kyuhyun had this hopeful look, “Sorry, Kyu, but your umma asked me to eat with them. Maybe next time.” But Sungmin thought that it would be best if he won’t join; his heart might be scattered on the spot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, he admits that he is officially and hopelessly in love with his childhood best friend.
 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
Since then, the two of them will always talk on the phone every night. They don’t see each other though; Kyuhyun is busy with his comeback and his girlfriend, while Sungmin is busy managing his business. Sungmin is happy with the way they are, at least, Kyuhyun finds time to have a chat with him despite his very busy schedule. He is contented with that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m very glad that we can be together again! I really missed our bonding time! But our work prevents us from doing so and I’m ing pissed! You never failed to make me smile and feel calm; just seeing your caller ID on my phone makes my hurt jump high in the heavens because you still find time for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun’s parents don’t want Seohyun for Kyuhyun. They often have arguments regarding this, but Kyuhyun will always be defeated. Therefore, he calls Sungmin for comfort. He opens everything to Sungmin while crying hard, but little did he know, the man on the other line was also crying, not for pity, but because he is extremely hurt – that Kyuhyun loves Seohyun very much and he has no chance on getting his heart anymore. Of course, being the thoughtful friend he is, he decided to help Kyuhyun and Seohyun on getting the Chos’ blessings, though it will badly stab deep in his heart. Who is he kidding?
 
 
 
 
 
You really are my everything; you are always there for me. You are way better than my pillow and the bunny you gave me, which I use whenever I’m sad and I need your comfort. I pretend that it is you… but it is still nothing compared if it was the real you. No one can ever replace your special place in my heart and life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What? You want Seohyun for Kyuhyun?!”
 
 
Sungmin sighed; Ahra’s reaction was what he expected. “Yes, Ahra. I mean, Seohyun is pretty, rich and talented. Perfect for a guy like Kyuhyun.” Ahra was about to protest, but Sungmin continued, “Besides, I can see how much they love each other. Can you bear to see Kyu being sad because you can’t accept his girlfriend?”
 
Ahra shook her head, “I can see how much Kyu loves Seohyun, but I can’t see how much Seohyun loves my brother! It’s not that I am being protective, but for their two-year relationship, I haven’t seen any sincerity on Seohyun to approach us!” Sungmin chuckled, “That’s because she’s scared of you.”
 
Ahra mumbled, but the guy didn’t hear it clearly, “I even like you to be with Kyuhyun more…” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun’s sister curiously, “What? I didn’t catch that.” The woman smiled sheepishly, “It’s nothing, oppa.”
 
Mr. Cho spoke next, “Then, Sungmin-ah, what do you suggest that we do?” The young man faced Mr. Cho, a sincere look on his teary eyes. He doesn’t even know why he is doing this, knowing that this will hurt him very much.
 
“Uncle, give Seohyun a chance. She’s a nice girl once you get to know her… and I’m sure Kyu would be very happy if you do that.”
 
Mrs. Cho raised her tone for a bit, “But we just can’t accept her, honey.” Sungmin smiled, “I know, auntie. Take your time, do it slowly, because if done quickly, one wouldn’t fully achieve what he wants.” Kyuhyun sighed, “How I wish Kyuhyun would think like you.”
 
“Auntie, Kyuhyun had been giving you time for two years now.”
 
 
Mr. Cho then said firmly, “Okay, son. We’ll take your advice. But if we really won’t like her, then it’s not our fault already.” Though his objective was achieved, his heart sunk because somewhere at the back of his mind tells him that he wishes for the Chos to be stubborn and reject his suggestion.
 
 
 
As expected, it went well. Mr. Cho asked Kyuhyun to invite Seohyun to have dinner with them, quite confusing Kyuhyun but he did as what he told. Ahra and Mrs. Cho tried their very best to get along with the girl, but they can’t help but think that the girl is just faking her niceness towards them… at least she is doing this for Kyuhyun.
 
 
Sungmin could see happiness in Kyuhyun’s face during that dinner time with Seohyun and the Chos. Yes, he knows that what he did was an absolute disadvantage on his side, but seeing that pure and happy smile from Kyuhyun, makes him convince himself that his decision was the best he ever did; not for himself, but for Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
 
 
I was really shocked when appa told me that they will give Seohyun a chance. I’m really happy because 
I’ve been trying to make them accept her for years and this is now our chance. I know that it was you who convinced them, and I’m totally grateful to you. Honestly, I know I’m supposed to be very pleased with the way events turn out now, but some part in my heart doesn’t want this.
 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin was having a fun chat with his friend, Jongwoon, when his secretary, Ryeowook, came in, “Mr. Lee, Cho Kyuhyun is here.” He beamed as he nodded to his secretary as a sign to let Kyuhyun come in his office.
 
Jongwoon chuckled after winking at Sungmin’s blushing secretary, “Ehem, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun is here~ he’s visiting you~” The younger one blushed as he lightly hit his hyung’s arm, “Shut up, hyung! Maybe he’s just here to thank me because I asked his parents to give his girlfriend a chance to get their blessing.”
 
Jongwoon grinned and ignored his dongsaeng’s statement, “He’s hot, you know… his voice is also splendid… Aigoo~ why is my Sungminnie blushing?” Jongwoon poked the pink cheeks of Sungmin, who just pouted at him and did nothing.
 
When Kyuhyun entered, Jongwoon slowly sat straight. Sungmin, on the other hand, hastily stood up to welcome his visitor, “Hey Kyu, what brought you here?” Kyuhyun was staring at Jongwoon, looking at him from head to toe, as if memorizing every detail of him. Sungmin noticed that and chuckled nervously, “Uh, Kyu, this is Jongwoon-hyung. I met him at Japan.”
 
Jongwoon slightly bowed and the other did the same gesture. He then turned to Sungmin, a slight frown evident on his forehead, “Uh, hyung, are you free tonight?” Sungmin beamed, “Yeah… why?” Kyuhyun kept on giving glances at Jongwoon and tried to fix his eyesight on Sungmin, “Uh… I just thought that maybe it’s time to introduce you to Seohyun’s friends. She also wants to thank you for that thing you did for us through this.”
 
His face fell; he thought that he will finally have solo time with Kyuhyun tonight, but Seohyun and her friends are also there. As much as he wants to reject, he already said that he is free, and he can’t think of any excuse. “Uh, oh, that… well, okay. Just text me what time.” Kyuhyun’s smile reached his ears because he actually thought that he will be rejected once he mentions that Seohyun will be there too. “Okay hyung! I will! See you tonight!”
 
 
 
 
 
I really thought that you will decline my offer… but I forgot that you are the nicest guy on earth so you accepted. To tell you the truth, I became uneasy when I saw that Jongwoon acting lovey dovey with you and you are smiling!!! It kind of disturbed me… but hey, why should I care? It’s your life, and since you helped me with my relationship with my girlfriend, I should return the favor and help you with your love life… but I don’t want to. Call me selfish or anything worse than that, but I don’t want to lose my best friend. And you, having a boyfriend or girlfriend, will make me feel that I lost a friend.
 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin is in his car, driving fast because he is already late. He stopped abruptly when he almost bumped by a girl crossing the road. He went out of the car to check on the girl and saw her sitting on the ground, nursing her bottom part. He worriedly said, “Miss, are you okay? I’m really sorry I…”
 
The girl looked up at him and widened her eyes as she recognized him, “Sungmin-oppa?” As he heard his name, he narrowed his eyes and smiled instantly while helping the girl stand up, “Omo, Sunny-ah? I thought you stayed in America?”
 
The girl named Sunny removed the dirt on her yellow dress, “Well, I got bored there, so I came back here. When did you arrive here in Seoul?” Sungmin palmed his nape, “Last month.” Sunny beamed and tiptoed to hug the guy tight, “Ah!!! I really missed you, oppa!!! You won’t go back to Japan, right?” He smiled while brushing the girl’s hair, “Yep.”
 
He then remembered that he almost hit her and checked if he caused any damages on her, “Yah, are you hurt? Are you injured?” Sunny giggled, “No, I’m fine, oppa. Your car didn’t hit me.” He sighed in relief. “Just tell me where you’re headed to, and I’ll drop you there.” She thought for a while with her index finger touching her lips, “Hm… okay! I’ll go to SM Town bar!”
 
“Really? I’m also going there!”
 
Sunny clapped her hands excitedly, “That’s great! Then, we can go there together!”
 
 
 
They entered the bar at the same time, making a group of girls get silenced as they saw them. One girl said, “Yah, Sunny! What took you so long? Wait, is he your boyfriend?” Seohyun then stood up, “Sungmin-oppa!!! Why are you together?”
 
 
Sungmin and Sunny looked at each other before bursting into laughter.
 
 
 
 
I was really worried because you are late. I tried calling you but your phone is turned off. I was about to go out and search for you, but you came… with a girl… with Sunny… who is Seohyun’s friend. You said that you are neighbors in Japan, but just a year ago, Sunny transferred to America… you didn’t expect that you will meet here… in an unexpected way. The day after, you told me that you are seeing her again… it was more like a date. You know what, I really wanted to ruin your date, but why should I? I have no right to do that… I should be happy for you.
 
 
 
 
 
“Oppa, I like you.”
 
 
Sungmin looked blankly at the blushing Sunny. He found her cute while she had her head bowed, fidgeting with her fingers. You suddenly thought, why not give Sunny a chance? He likes her… a lot. She helped him forget Kyuhyun… not completely, but she really helped. Maybe officially dating her would help him get over Kyuhyun. It’s not like he’s just using the girl, he has this feeling for her, but it is not just as intense as what he feels for Kyuhyun.
 
 
He thought that this would be the perfect time to think of himself; Sunny won’t hurt him, but Kyuhyun is.
 
 
He Sunny’s hair, “Look at me, Sunkyu.” It would be the first time a guy called her by her real name, so she snapped her head to look at him, teary-eyed. Sungmin smiled, “I like you too.” Still digesting what the guy said, she stuttered, wanting to confirm, “W-what? Op…” But she was silenced when soft lips touched hers, fireworks lit up in her chest.
 
Sungmin moved away and whispered, “Let’s date.”
 
 
 
 
 
When you told me that you and Sunny are already dating, god, you don’t know how my heart wanted to explode that time! I wanted to tell you to break up with her and be with me… Who am I kidding? I have Seohyun and you have Sunny… we both know that we will soon separate and have our own lives! We aren’t kids anymore! Well, as soon as we got to interact more, I found myself slowly falling for you. I tried diverting my attention, but damn, I just can’t get you out of my mind and without me knowing, I completely fell in love with you. But it’s too late.
 
 
 
 
The door to their mansion was opened, and it revealed his mother, smiling brightly at him. But it turned into a surprised look when she saw Sunny with him, “Omo! You didn’t tell me that you are with Sunny! Are you…?” Hope can be seen in her eyes.
 
Sungmin looked intently at his girlfriend before shifting to his mother, “Yes, umma.” Mrs. Lee squealed and hugged Sunny, “Omona!!! I can’t believe that I’ll have a very cute daughter-in-law!” The couple widened their eyes and looked at the woman curiously, “Umma, we just started dating…”
 
Then, Mrs. Lee dragged the two inside their living room. Mr. Lee, Sungmin’s father, was surprised with Sunny’s arrival as well. “Why are you with Sunkyu?” It was Sungmin’s mother who answered, excited, “Ooh~ they are together!!! They’re in a relationship!”
 
Mr. Lee smiled widely, “Really? It looks like we won’t find it hard convincing the two of you.” Sungmin narrowed his eyes, “What do you mean, appa?” Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee looked at each other before turning to the two young adults, “Well, Sunkyu-ah, me and your father decided to merge our companies… and in order to do that, you and Sungmin will get married as soon as possible.”
 
 
 
 
 
It is now my time to go to Japan because of my Asian tour. I ing missed you, more than I missed you when you are away. I have a confession to make, and I’m very sorry for this… but there are times that I forget about you… and I really despise myself for doing that… I’m now getting my karma. I called you, but you won’t answer. I sent an email to you, but you didn’t reply. This would be the first time that three days would be a very long time because the more I don’t get to see you, the more I ing desire for you. I didn’t even think of calling Seohyun. I ing missed you, hyung.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin knocked on the door, whistling as he waits for someone to open it. When Kyuhyun opened it, the smaller beamed and greeted cheerfully, “Good evening, Kyu!” The taller guy smiled, “Hi hyung! Come in!” Sungmin waved his hands and Kyuhyun noticed that thing he was holding. “Oh no, I won’t stay long… I’m sorry. I’m here to give you this!”
 
Kyuhyun accepted the paper and opened it, a crease forming on his forehead as he read the contents.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin & Sunkyu
Nuptial
 
 
 
Kyuhyun felt that it’s as if a billion needles are stabbing him on his heart right now. He didn’t even read the next details; just these first three words are enough to break his heart. Of course, he didn’t show it. He tried his best to make an excited expression, “You and Sunny are getting married? Why so fast?”
 
Sungmin took a glance at Kyuhyun, but he instantly broke the contact. He doesn’t know why, but Kyuhyun’s eyes were like piercing him. “Well… about that… even before we got together, our parents arranged our marriage for the merger of our companies. It just happened that me and Sunny are already dating.”
 
When Kyuhyun didn’t react, Sungmin felt that something big and heavy was dropped on his heart. He cleared his throat before taking his leave, not even glancing at his friend, “Uh, Kyu, promise me that you’ll come. You are my Best Man.”
 
 
 
After Sungmin left, Kyuhyun closed the door, letting his body fall on the floor while crying his whole heart out.
 
 
 
“Goodbye, Kyuhyun.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
When you gave me your wedding invitation and told me that I am your best man, my whole world fell. It is now too late. Because of my stubbornness, I lost you for real… I can’t have you back. You will be someone’s, and you will have someone. The sad part is, that someone is not me. This is my fault. You should have been mine… I was given a chance but I didn’t grab it.
 
Yes, I know it. I’m truly aware of your feelings for me. The way you look at me, the way you smiled at me, the way you take care of me… I know it. We shared the same feelings for each other… Being the hopeless coward I am, I got scared and thought that loving you from afar is enough… thinking that if we’re really meant-to-be, we will end up together. It’s so foolish of me to think that way and now, I lost you.
 
I know crying won’t do anything, but I hoped that it would lessen the pain that I felt.
 
 
Karma strikes; I cheated on Seohyun and I cheated on myself. I’m happy that you now have Sunny by your side. She won’t hurt you, unlike me. We aren’t together but I already hurt you. You don’t deserve me. I broke up with Seohyun after that.
 
 
 
A/N: To add effect on the scene, listening to “Why did I fall in love with you” will be a good option to do ^^ I did that while writing this. ^^


 
 
Sungmin smiled to his mother and father, who were standing side by side, truly happy for their son. He took a deep breath before walking the aisle. He smiled at all the people as he marches. A mixture of nervousness and bliss is what he feels right now.
 
 
But it faded as he saw Kyuhyun standing in front of him, a sincere smile can be seen on his handsome face. His best man is the most gorgeous person inside the church; him wearing a black and white tuxedo. He stood beside him, returning his smile, though his is a sad one, and Kyuhyun knew that.
 
Kyuhyun gripped Sungmin’s cold hands and whispered, “You’re nervous…” The smaller man sighed heavily, “I guess so.” The former spoke softly, “Congratulations, hyung.” With Kyuhyun’s statement, Sungmin felt his chest tightened, he feels his heart was being squeezed until it runs out of blood. He can’t trust his voice right now so he just chose to stay silent and nod.
 
 
 
 
 
I watched you as you took Sunny by her hand. She’s really beautiful… you look good together. You know what? While you were marching the aisle, I imagined that I am the groom and you are my bride… so foolish, right? You are so handsome… you are the best… you’re so beautiful that it’s a sin… I fell in love with you more. Honestly, you are even more beautiful than Sunny. Kkk~
 
I tried being there for you the whole ceremony, I tried to watch you getting tied up with another person… but I can’t. It hurts so much and I don’t want to cry. I don’t want to ruin your wedding… If I continued watching and be a martyr, I might stop it.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun can’t take it anymore. He whispered to Jongwoon, who is seated beside him, “Hyung, I’ll go out.” He didn’t need to ask why for he knows the reason. “Sure. Come back before this ends, ‘kay? Min will be searching for you.” The younger nodded before taking his leave quietly.
 
He tried his best not to be noticed by Sungmin. Too bad, Sungmin paid more attention to him than his ceremony. He wanted to go and follow Kyuhyun, but he can’t… he shouldn’t. He doesn’t want to hurt Sunny, his wife-to-be, and his family.
 
 
 
 
I stayed at the garden near the church, and there, I let out the sadness I feel. Of course, I don’t want to see you exchanging vows with another woman, exchanging rings and kissing! I might pull you from her and drag you away… As I said before, I don’t want to ruin your wedding.
 
I didn’t know that Seohyun followed me. I also didn’t know that she felt that it is you that I love, not her. I loved her, that’s the truth… but I loved you more. She comforted me; telling me that she’s alright and she understands me. I just realized that Seohyun is much better to be my friend, than a lover.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun returned after he heard claps and cheers inside; the wedding finished. As he entered the place, he saw Sungmin looking everywhere and when he saw him, he smiled and waved his hands.
 
 
He is happy that Sungmin is happy.
 
 
 
He also attended the reception. He acted normal around everyone. He even gave a speech for the newlyweds, “Sungmin-hyung and I had been best friends for more than 20 years now. Our friendship was tested when he transferred to Japan to continue his studies. We had no communication during his stay there. But then, after 15 years, he returned. Too bad, the both of us are busy; he is managing his business, and I am occupied with guestings and performances. But that didn’t stop us. We did all means to connect with each other… I did everything… because I love him…” He paused, trying to control his tears from falling. When Sungmin flinched after he said that he loves him, he continued, “…as a hyung. He is my most precious hyung and as long as he is happy, I am happy for him.”
 
He looked at Sungmin, who is now teary eyed, “I love you, hyung.”
 
 
 
 
 
I really meant it, hyung. I love you.
 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin stood up to give a speech. However, blood was suddenly gushing out from his chest, making the people inside panic. Sunny screamed and went to her husband, shouting for help, while Kyuhyun rushed to his shot hyung, shaking him, “Hyung! Hyung! The ambulance will already come! Get a hold of yourself!”
 
He whispered, “Please don’t leave me, hyung.” He broke down and cried when Sungmin smiled forlornly at his dongsaeng before closing his eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
Now that you are reading this letter, I am probably not with you now… I know what you are going to ask, and I’m going to answer it.
 
Remember my promise to you before you went to Japan? That I will wait for you and if I didn’t, I will give my heart to you…?
 
Hyung, I didn’t wait for you… I forgot about you… and I stopped thinking about you…. It’s the truth, hyung. I only remembered you when you returned. And I feel so stupid. I don’t have the right to be called your best friend because I never was… I didn’t act like one.
 
I don’t know how to make it up to you… but when you got shot and the doctor told us that you need a heart transplant, that’s when I got the best idea to make it up to you. My heart is compatible with yours, add the fact that we have the same blood type.***
 
 
This is the only way I thought to show you how much I love you. 
 
 
I lived up to my word; I gave you my heart because I broke my promise.
 
I only have one request… Please take care of it, hyung….Please take care of my heart because it only has you inside.
 
I may not be with you physically… but I’ll still be beside you… just touch your chest and feel my heart… it only beats and lives for you.
 
 
 
Now that I ask myself, “Why did I fall in love with you?” My answer to that is…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
…it’s because you are Lee Sungmin.
 
 
 
 
I love you so much, Sungmin-hyung. I wish you and Sunny happiness. Please don’t forget me…
 
 
 
Sincerely yours and will forever love you,
Kyu <3
P.S. Don’t you know that I never let others call me ‘Kyu’ except you? 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin crumpled that piece of paper after reading the last word… which is Kyuhyun’s name. Tears were flowing incessantly from his eyes, his chest tightens so he clutches it, just what Kyuhyun told him. When he woke up, the first one he searched for was Kyuhyun… when Sunny and the others fell quiet, he panicked and tried to remove all wires attached to him. But Ahra came and handed him a paper – which was what he read right now.
 
 
He let his wife envelop him in his arms as he screams out all the bottled feelings inside him. He feels empty; Kyuhyun is not beside him… Kyuhyun is not there… because of him. He wanted to shout ‘I love you’, but he is still on his rationality and thinks of his wife. He wants to shout Kyuhyun’s name, to ask him to come back to him… but it is useless… Kyuhyun will not come back.
 
 
Sunny her husband’s back, “Oppa… I am not Kyuhyun, but I’ll try my very best to give you the love that you wanted… Oppa… say it… say that you love him… he is listening… his heart is in yours, right?”
 
 
Sungmin placed both of his hands on his chest and clutched it firmly, wanting to feel the beating of Kyuhyun’s heart. He shouted loud that the whole hospital might hear it.
 
 
 
“I LOVE YOU, KYUHYUN! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! YOU’RE SUCH AN IDIOT! KYUHYUN, YOU ARE THE MOST IDIOTIC PERSON I EVER MET!!!”
 
 
He mumbled on Sunny’s chest, “I’ll take care of your heart, Kyu…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*Japan don’t make someone gay… Sungmin is just exaggerating.
**Japan is really strict when it comes to bows. Japanese will find a person rude if he/she will bow slightly, like what South Koreans usually do.
***Sungmin and Kyuhyun both have blood type A.
 
 
By the way, I didn’t write a broken!KyuMIn at the description because they didn’t have a relationship at all so they aren’t broken. ^^