Taking Everything in

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

There’s no denying it,” Yong Guk said.

So…” Jong Up spoke slowly, “Young Jae is having twins?”

How can you tell so soon?” Dae Hyun spoke barely above a whisper.

It seems he’s a little further along that what we thought,” Yong Guk scratched the back of his head.

But you said that I would be able to tell when he’s three months,” Dae Hyun was close to hyperventilating.

I know,” he admitted, “but there seems to be a different rule when it comes to twins. It’s probably because you haven’t been paying attention to his body. Remember you only started looking for the signs.”

Dae Hyun nodded, “would the Facility know?”

Yong Guk shrugged, “I honestly can’t tell you.”

So how far along is he?” Jun Hong asked carefully.

Again the eldest shrugged, “they’re still determining that.”

So he might be in his second trimester already? The maknae asked. Yong Guk nodded.

Does that mean Young Jae has his baby bump already?” the brunette asked with a smile. Jun Hong slapped him in back of the head. Rubbing his head Jong Up pouted, “What was that for?”

Yong Guk chuckled softly, “was he asking about it earlier?”

We both were,” Jun Hong admitted, “but he was the one who poked his stomach.”

Dae Hyun shook his head. His expression still sad, “does he remember what happened?”

The purple haired man nodded, “He remembers the man dragging him to the alley and what he said. He remembers hearing your voice but not your words. Apparently you were arguing with the man.”

He remembers me choking him, doesn’t he?” Dae Hyun asked his tears returning.

Yong Guk nodded, “He said it didn’t really look like you, and that you were struggling.”

Dae Hyun wasn’t listening anymore. He began mumbling to himself, “it’s probably better he remembers than being told or lied about it.”

Jun Hong could hear the silver haired boy’s heart shatter into a million pieces. It was then that he realized that Dae Hyun loved Young Jae. He now understood why he didn’t want to mate with him. He wanted Young Jae to love him for him and not the baby… well, babies now. He wanted to give him a chance to find someone else before trying after him himself, giving him a chance at freedom.

If Dae Hyun had known that Young Jae loved him, would he have mated with him sooner?’ the maknae questioned himself. ‘Would Young Jae have been spared from this pain if neither of them were so stubborn?’

 

Him Chan gently pushed the blonde’s stray hairs behind his ears. “How are you feeling?”

The blonde shrugged, “how am I supposed to feel?”

Him Chan shook his head, “I don’t know.”

I guess I feel numb,” Young Jae sighed. “I don’t understand.”

None of us do.” Him Chan laid next to him. “Not even him.”

I didn’t think Seo Gu was serious,” he admitted softly.

I almost didn’t believe it myself,” Him Chan sighed, “especially now. I should’ve figured you were farther along.”

How would you have done that?”

You’re morning sickness slowly started to fade,” he gave a small smile. “And now they’re almost nonexistent.”

We’re going to be needing another incubator aren’t we?” he sighed sadly.

The black haired male nodded, “Yong Guk already asked for another, even if it is broken.”

Young Jae nodded. “I can’t believe I’m having twins.”

I can tell you from experience they’re pain in the asses,” Him Chan joked lightly.

The blonde gave a weak glare, “you’re not helping me at all.”

You know what’s funny?” Him Chan smiled.

What?”

Your babies will need to be taken out on Valentine’s Day.”

And?” Young Jae didn’t understand why Him Chan was smiling.

It’s a day when people give chocolates or other things to the people they like or love,” he explained.

Oh,” Young Jae sighed. “I’ve never done that.”

Him Chan gave a knowing nod. “Well maybe we can teach you. I can teach you how to make chocolates and engrave names.”

How is it that you’re not working at the bakery?” he laughed weakly.

I like working with kids better.” He smiled. “I guess you are going to be showing soon, a lot sooner than we originally thought.”

Young Jae rubbed his soft belly, “I guess so. I’ve always been a little fat I don’t it’ll make much of a difference.”

You do know that you’re going to expanding to about three times more right?” Him Chan grinned.

That’s not funny,” Young Jae pouted.

He gasped, “and you have twins… You’ll get bigger faster and become much larger.”

Yah,” the blonde sat up glaring at the elder. “that’s enough I don’t wanna hear any more.”

Him Chan,” Jun Hong called softly. “Can I talk to Young Jae alone?”

Him Chan nodded slowly getting off the bed. He knew the maknae wanted to be sure the blonde was okay on his own. He patted each of their heads lightly as he headed out of the room, closing the door behind him. They needed time away from everyone crowding them.

Jun Hong sat on the bed next to the blonde, “are you okay?”

Young Jae nodded, “it could’ve been worse.”

Jun Hong nodded. “How are you feeling… towards Dae Hyun?”

Young Jae had to think about it. he shook his head gently, “I don’t know. It might be too soon to tell.”

The maknae nodded with a sighed. Young Jae asked, “how is he?”

When I went over there, he was staring off into space.” Jun Hong sighed. “He didn’t notice anything or anyone around him. He may as well have been dead. The only way we knew he was alive was his shaky breathing and the tears running down.”

Did he say how he felt when he…” the blonde gently touched his bruised neck.

Jong Up said that he was trying hard to figure out why he did it but he had no reason.” Jun Hong sighed. “That he was saying that he couldn’t stop, he wanted to but he couldn’t. I guess he had no control over himself.”

Young Jae nodded, “so he was struggling.”

What do you mean?” Jun Hong asked looking to the blonde.

His eyes.” He looked down at his lap. “He looked pained and seemed to be struggling with his conscious. He looked just as helpless as I felt. I could see his tears. His grip did loosen from time to time but he still held on pretty tight.”

Jun Hong nodded, “he didn’t mean to hurt you.”

I know,” he whispered, “but that doesn’t change what he’s done.”

Do you think you could ever forgive him?”

I don’t know,” Young Jae admitted. “Right now I’m too scared of him.”

Jun Hong nodded. He wanted to assure him that the other loved him, but if he said anything right now it could make things worse. He didn’t want Young Jae to think Dae Hyun was abusive. Instead he chose to enjoy the moment of peace they had before things became more complicated.

 

Jong Up sighed walking slowly back to the house glad he had worn a jacket. The nights were getting cold quick; Seo Gu had told him that it should be snowing real soon. He didn’t mind too much though, he had missed seeing the world covered in snow.

Jong Up stopped walking to look back at the barn he sighed to himself. he had wanted to say more to Jun Hong but they were interrupted, though it was with some good news. He hated to admit it, but Dae Hyun was right. He was missing the most important thing that was right in front of him, but now the time was off. He couldn’t say anything to the maknae, not while he was distrustful.

He kicked a rock as he continued walking back to the house. His mind thinking about everything that had occurred. He still couldn’t bring himself to believe that Dae Hyun had hurt Young Jae or that the blonde was carrying two babies.

Jong Up paused at the door. His dream flooded into his mind. Now he understood why both the little boy and little girl looked like Dae Hyun. The children were his, but was Young Jae really carrying a boy and a girl? Maybe he should tell Jun Hong about it, it be funny if they got him outfits for them. He would be confused and wonder how we knew when the babies come.

Inside he found Seo Gu and Jee Hye sitting at the kitchen table drink a cup of coffee. They gave each other a small smile. Jong Up sighed heading into the living room. Him Chan sat on the couch reading a book and taking some note. He looked up at him with a curious expression.

He’s going to stay the night with Dae Hyun, to make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid,” he explained. Him Chan nodded. The brunette looked around, “where’s Jun Hong?”

He’s up with Young Jae.” He answered making room on the couch for the brunette. “He’s going to be up there for a while. He might just sleep up there.”

Oh,” Jong Up sighed disappointed. “Are you going to be up there too?”

Him Chan smiled softly, “do you want me to stay in the room with you?”

He knew he may have appeared extremely childish but he could care less. He didn’t want to be alone, he needed some sort of comfort too and he wasn’t too proud to admit it. He nodded his head, “I don’t want to be alone.”

Him Chan smiled putting down his books and pen on the end table next to him before pulling the brunette into a hug. He petted his hair lightly.

Jong Up hugged him, “I think Dae Hyun is in love with Young Jae.”

What brings you to that conclusion?” Him Chan asked softly.

He keeps saying things that don’t really make sense. You have to be really close to even make out some of the words.” Jong Up tried to describe the silver haired boy. “He looked dead when I left, like his soul has been right out of him. Yong Guk had to shake him really hard just for him to come back to reality.”

He’s beating himself up pretty hard isn’t he,” Him Chan frowned. Jong Up nodded, “Did Young Jae say anything?”

He just feels numb right now,” Him Chan tapped his fingers on the younger’s head. “He’s still in shock. Jun Hong might be able to help him sort through his confusion.”

Why?”

That’s the little pact the made. To look out for one another.” Him Chan laughed lightly.

Yong Guk told us they were planning a holocaust,” Jong Up huffed, “and that we were at the top of their list.”

Jun Hong had a change of heart before they made it official.”

I guess I should be glad of that.”

Him Chan nodded, “they’re still learning and so are you and Dae Hyun. Even Yong Guk and I are learning new things every day.”

Jong Up nodded. “… I think I’m in love with Jun Hong.”

Him Chan chuckled, “apparently you had a change of heart too. What makes you think you are?”

Jong Up shrugged, “when Dae Hyun and I got into that fight he told me I was missing what was right in front of me.”

Is that all?” Him Chan asked.

Jong Up shook his head, “no, when I think back on everything I realized that we are always together. When I think of the future, I can’t see it without him next to me.”

Him Chan nodded, “are you going to tell him.”

He needs time right now,” the brunette cuddled closer. “I don’t want to scare him away. He might even think I’m only acting on a whim.”

Again Him Chan nodded, “waiting might be good. Give yourself sometime to be sure about your feelings before you tell him. Just don’t wait too long, he’s not going to wait for you forever as much as he’d like to.”

Jong Up nodded in agreement. “I just hope he feels the same.”

Never know unless you try,” Him Chan gave an encouraging smile and hug. “And be as greasy as possibly, he’ll love it.”

I’m not sure about that,” Jong Up thought. “That just might be you.”

Yah,” Him Chan gave him a gently shove laughing. “Go get ready for bed.”