Late Decisions & Morning Interrogations

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Yong Guk had to admit he was a bit fearful when he entered an empty campsite there was no sign of anyone; both cautiously looking around the camp for any clues. Dae Hyun gave a short scream as he fell to the ground. Yong Guk glanced towards his direction, nearly laughing out.

Him Chan was laughing. He came out from the bushes swinging a thick branch, which he was using as a weapon, around from side to the side, keeping it within reach. “What happened?”

Some guy was wondering around he was getting to close for comfort,” Yong Guk explained as Him Chan helped Dae Hyun to his feet.

Him Chan looked around, “where is he?”

I’m not bringing him here,” Yong Guk defended.

So you left him out there?”

I’ll be staying out there until he wakes up,” Yong Guk said taking another glance around camp, “where are the kids?”

Him Chan smiled as he moved towards several bushes, moving them out of his way to reveal a hidden grotto with a fully awake Young Jae holding the half-awake maknaes protectively.

Dae Hyun couldn’t resist the temptation, “how’d you fit him in there?”

Yong Guk smacked the silver haired boy in back of his head. Young Jae pouted as he pulled the maknaes out. Him Chan had his hands on his hips, “really?”

 

It’s been over a month, Dr. Yoo,” Dr. Lee huffed, “and there is still no sign of them. We need to send someone out there to search for them.”

We don’t know which way they went,” Dr. Yoo sighed; he was getting tired of Dr. Lee’s constant reprimanding. “Would you prefer to draw attention by sending out men? People would become suspicious.”

Do you not care that your son is out there?” Dr. Lee slammed a fist on the other doctor’s desk.

I do care,” Dr. Yoo stood up from his desk to look Dr. Lee directly in the eyes, “I don’t want him to get hurt, if they feel we are getting to close in our search then they will hurt him.”

You should have kept a closer eye on those you let around him,” Dr. Lee sneered, “and now he is out there in harm’s way and pregnant if I’m not mistaken.”

I know this already Dr. Lee.”

Now my candidate has no mate thanks to your carelessness,” Dr. Lee his heels to leave.

You do know that Young Jae would’ve been lost one way or another,” Dr. Yoo stopped him.

Dr. Lee stopped dead in his tracks. Looking over his shoulder he spoke apprehensively, “And what do you mean by that?”

The fire they used as a diversion had spread to his room,” Dr. Yoo sighed, “if he wasn’t kidnapped then he would’ve burned. I for one am glad he was kidnapped instead of being left to die.”

Then you won’t mind me organizing a search party to bring him back now do you?” Dr. Lee asked. “Young Jae will not be able to have a safe birth out there; they have nothing to give them. He will die out there if we do not reach him in time. Now, tell me Dr. Yoo is that what you want?”

Dr. Yoo shook his head, “if you manage to bring him back unharmed then your candidate can have him.”

Oh? What made you change your mind?” Dr. Lee turned in full interest.

Dr. Yoo back down, “the candidate I had for him has put him in danger, not a suitable environment to raise a child, but if Young Jae is already mated with him…”

With the other’s attitude I doubt he would be smart enough to take such an opportunity,” Dr. Lee scoffed. “And if he is able to take him, I doubt little Jae would be willing.”

You know they are always willing,” Dr. Yoo sighed.

Yes, but there is always regret,” Dr. Lee was full of confidence as he spoke. Dr. Yoo nodded his head, “He will more than likely be scared, and he will need some comfort through this traumatic experience.”

Dr. Lee nodded, “then I will have my candidate help search for him hopefully they haven’t gone far.”

Don’t be too sure,” Dr. Yoo turned his head away, “three of them have done their military service, two continued to serve while the one chose to be a nurse. The eldest knows how to use his survival instincts to the fullest the others are quick learners.”

So they could be anywhere, if they’ve made it past the perimeter?” the young doctor questioned. Dr. Yoo nodded, “has anyone heard from the perimeter?”

Only that a squirrel tried to climb the fence?” Dr. Lee scoffed.

Have they checked the ground?” Dr. Yoo looked back to the brown haired doctor, “#12164 would have found a way to use that as a distraction.”

Damn,” Dr. Lee rushed out of the room.

Dr. Yoo stared aimlessly at the white ceiling. His mind full of worry and regret, but there was nothing he could do now. Young Jae was lost in a world he knew nothing of with strangers. Would they accept the fact that he was pregnant? Him Chan wouldn’t let anyone hurt him right? And the other, would he take Young Jae or will he attempt to kill him and the child? If he rejects him will Him Chan be able to keep the other from trying to kill him? If Young Jae and #14391 had already mated when Dr. Lee finds them, would he willingly destroy the family? #14391 already lost a mate and child he wouldn’t be willing to lose another? Dr. Yoo rubbed his temples; he hoped he had made the right choice to allow Dr. Lee to search for them.

 

Dae Hyun turned to look at Him Chan who was busy preparing a meal. Thinking about all his questions from last night, he sighed, “What are you plans for him?”

Him Chan looked up, Dae Hyun made a small gesture towards the sleeping blonde. Him Chan sighed, “I’m not sure yet… how did you find out?”

He almost fell in the river,” Dae Hyun shrugged. “You do know he’s going to have a hell of a time later on.”

I know.”

Then why bring him?” he asked though he already knew the answer.

We didn’t know he was pregnant,” Him Chan defended, “he managed to hide all the signs at the hospital, he spent most of his time in his room to hide his pregnancy.”

Why?”

He was afraid,” Him Chan’s face saddened, “he didn’t want to be sent to his Chosen Mate.”

They would’ve found out eventually.”

He was trying so hard to avoid meeting him for as long as possible.” Him Chan sighed heavily, “You can’t blame him.”

Wouldn’t they set up a meeting anyways?”

Him Chan shrugged, “sometimes, it depends on how soon they want the two to mate.”

So is he mine, my Replacement Mate? And the baby?” Dae Hyun asked bluntly. Him Chan bit his bottom lip, “I’m not sure.”

Hyung,” both turned to see Jun Hong stretching his long arms out, still barely awake. Him Chan smiled, “what’s wrong Jun Hong?”

I’m hungry,” the maknae smiled his eyes barely open. Both laughed at his honesty. Him Chan called him over, “come here Jun Hong, foods almost ready.”

Food?” Jong Up quickly sat up. The three laughed at the sudden outburst. Him Chan turned to Dae Hyun, “can you get Yong Guk?”

Sure,” Dae Hyun forced himself to his feet. As he dusted himself off, “we’re still talking about this later.”

Yea yea,” Him Chan shooed him away, thinking to himself, ‘if you remember.’

 

Is he up yet?” Yong Guk turned his head to his side to see Dae Hyun walk next to him. Yong Guk shook his head, “nope.”

Foods ready,” Dae Hyun offered. Yong Guk nodded, “I’ll be there when he wakes up.”

Then I may as well wait with you,” Dae Hyun made himself comfortable against the tree. Yong Guk looked up in question. Dae Hyun answered the silent question, “if I go back without you then Him Chan will yell at me, saying I should’ve just dragged you over. He’ll probably come over after a while when he realizes neither of us are going back cause I know he won’t send any of the other three.”

Yong Guk laughed, “True. I bet he won’t be here for about ten minutes, maybe less.”

Four minutes,” Dae Hyun smiled.

Sure enough after a few minutes Him Chan was marching over to the pair to demand a reason as to why neither of them returned to camp. The two desperately tried to hide their laughter, only infuriating Him Chan farther.

Ugh…where am I?” a groggy voice cut Him Chan off before he was able to open his mouth. “Hello? Is anybody there?”

The three looked to each other before turning their attention on to their captive. Yong Guk was the first to speak in a deep voice, “What are you doing wondering around in the forest so late at night?”

I got lost…please I don’t have much money,” he begged.

Yong Guk pulled the blindfold off, “who are you?”

The man looked up fearfully, “please I’m just a poor farmer.”

We’re not after your money,” Yong Guk raised his voice.

Then what do you want?”

I want to know why you’re out here,” Yong Guk crossed his arms.

I was trying to take a short cut home,” the man explained. “What are you all doing out here anyhow?”

You’re not in the position to be questioning me,” he snarled. Him Chan and Dae Hyun had the arms folded watching the interrogation in silence, listening for any clues that could help them.

Who’s that?” everyone’s head turned. Him Chan gasped, he forgot to tell the children to stay at the camp.

Young Jae quickly caught up with Jun Hong, stopping him from advancing any closer. Jong Up made his way next to Young Jae; wrapping his arms around his waist.

Him Chan ran to the three, pulling them behind him. Dae Hyun stood with Yong Guk further hindering the man’s view of them.

The man looked up in realization. Though he now had an understanding as to why they were determined. He could see them for what they were, homeless. Without another thought he spoke, “you can’t raise children out here!”

Yong Guk glared, “I’m keeping my family away from danger.”

It’s much more dangerous out here,” the man shot back. “This isn’t a safe place for any of them.”

A gasp from Young Jae caught everyone’s attention. The blonde quickly clasped his hand over his mouth with the other holding his stomach, his eyes slightly watery. He bolted away from the small clearing to empty his stomach. Him Chan pulled the confused maknaes with him as he left to check on Young Jae.

The man was more than shocked his voice slightly angrier than what he meant it to be, “You can’t expect him to give birth out here!”

Yong Guk’s attention was torn, Dae Hyun seeing this quickly stepped in expressing his distaste in the man’s attention towards the blonde, “what is it to you what happens to him?”

Dae Hyun had tried to sound as threatening as he could; he sounded protective in the man’s ears. The man looked between them, did he offend them? He sighed, “I don’t think it’s fair that he is forced to give birth out here. Those kids need a stable home they can’t live out here in the wilderness.”

And I suppose you think you’re the one to give all that to them,” Dae Hyun was tempted to grab the elder man by the collar and shake him.

The man quickly shook his head, “no that’s what I meant, I’m not trying to take anyone’s mate-.”

Then what are you trying to say?” Yong Guk found his voice. His curiosity was getting the better of him, why was this man trying so hard to point out that he couldn’t give his family shelter. It pained him already but this man was just throwing salt on his wounds.

The man sighed, “I am curious as to why you’re all out here. Did something happen to your home?”

Taking their silence as a sign to continue, “I know we just met and you have absolutely no reason to trust me, but you all need a home.”

What are you getting at?” Dae Hyun interrupted, not liking where this was going, almost afraid to hear what he had to say. Dae Hyun looked to Yong Guk when he felt his hand on his arm, silently asking him to back down. Dae Hyun sighed in defeat.

The man finished with a nod from the purple haired leader, “I want to offer shelter to you and your family.”

Why, what reason could you possibly have to want to take us into your home?” Yong Guk’s eyes narrowed. If the man gave the answer he was afraid of then he would have no other choice but to dispose of him.

I have to reason, I just don’t want them homeless,” the man sighed. “Especially the pregnant one, he won’t survive out here.”

Yong Guk still refused to release the breath he was holding, still suspicious of the man, “and if I refuse? What will you do?”

There’s nothing I can do,” he admitted. Yong Guk sighed.

Yong Guk?” Dae Hyun called softly, the question showed clearly in his eyes.

The elder signaled him to gather the others and head back to camp; his eyes never leaving his captive as the younger left.

This isn’t a decision I can make alone, they’re the ones who are going to be affected the most.” Yong Guk turned, leaving the man alone still tied.