Chapter 2

The Curse of the Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky grew darker as the day went on.  Rain began fall and it was now storming.  Dinner was being served as the wind roared outside.  Everyone was seated at their tables.  The school had weird rules during breakfast and lunch.  During these times girls and boys were to be seated on opposite sides of the room.  They had to be absolutely silent and had to eat at the exact same time as everyone else.  Jungkook thought it was like hell’s version of the last supper.  He didn’t know why, but it was only during breakfast and dinner that rules were implemented and had to be followed.  Other than that there were really no rules at the school.  Usually there would be some rules like no running in the hallways, go to class on time, or even a curfew for students, but there were none.  Everyone kind of just followed everyone else and followed the basic rules like you would, but there were actually no rules or policy.  It was strange.

 

Today Jungkook was seated across from Jin and Namjoon.  He had arrived too late to sit with Jimin.  From where he sat he could see Gayeon sitting with the spider girl from earlier, Jiu.  She had her back towards him, and as the rules stated, they both couldn’t turn around or move aside from eating the food, so he couldn’t make his presence known.  The bell chimed to say eating could begin.  They all grabbed their forks and knife.  Following the lead of the teachers seated at the head of the table they began to eat, matching the teacher’s timing.  It was insanely robotic and scary.  When Jungkook first saw how they ate, he was scared less.  Eating at the same time as everyone else was like they all had no minds of their own.  They even drank their drinks at the same time.  It was crazy.

 

After finishing dinner, Jungkook sat in the common room of his dorm.  It was still storming outside and the entire room was barely lit by small lamps on the walls.  He was originally reading a book, but now he was staring at the pages thinking about how he wished he had brought his computer despite the lack of wifi.  The door opened and a student walked inside.  Jungkook looked up to see Taehyung walking over to sit in the chair across from him.  Taehyung was out of uniform, dressed in black from top to bottom contrasting his blond hair.  He had a thick black choker wrapped around his neck.  The boy was beautiful and mesmerizing.  Jungkook couldn’t look away from his eyes.  There was something different about the boy’s eyes.

 

“Hey,”  Jungkook spoke to him for the first time.

“Hey,”  Taehyung replied back with his deep, husky voice.

 

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, wanting to try and have a conversation with him.  He was Jimin’s friend, so he definitely wanted to befriend him. 

 

“I didn’t see you at dinner today.”  Jungkook muster up his courage to speak, despite his shy nature.

“I wasn’t hungry.”  Taehyung replied, looking into Jungkook’s eyes.

 

The younger boy quickly turned his eyes away, unable to handle being stared at by people.  Jungkook did his best to continue the conversation, although he couldn’t really look at the older Taehyung.  He didn’t know why, but Taehyung staring at him made him nervous and self-conscious.

 

“Is it only me, or is the way we eat breakfast and dinner here strange?”  Jungkook asked.

Taehyung chuckled.  “It is strange, but you’ll get used to it.”

“It’s like we’re robots.”  Jungkook commented.

Taehyung paused, as if thinking.  Jungkook looked up to meet Taehyung’s eyes.  “Maybe not robots… but something similar.”

“What-”

“Sorry,”  Taehyung stood up, heading for the door.  “I’m getting hungry.  See you later, Jungkook.”  With that he left.

 

Jungkook stared at the door.  Taehyung had barely been in the room for 5 minutes before leaving.  Taehyung’s last remark also rang through Jungkook’s mind.  He felt as if Taehyung knew something that he didn’t.  Now he was curious.

 

Jungkook followed Taehyung outside, but the boy was gone.  There was no way Taehyung could have made it to the staircase within the 5 seconds it took for Jungkook to follow him out, but he was gone.  Instead, Gahyeon was standing there by the door as if she was going to knock on it.

 

“Where’d he go?”  Jungkook asked.

She stared at him strangely, “Who?”

“Taehyung.”  Jungkook replied, frustrated.  “He just left.”

“No one left.”  Gahyeon replied, confused.  “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter