Chapter 1

The Curse of the Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook glanced up at the Victorian era school he attended. Dark clouds painted the sky behind it, and he swears he heard a crow cawing. He turned around to see the long and dark forest beyond the gates. He let out a sigh.  This was his new high school and his new life.  Every day the sun never penetrated the clouds and a gloomy aura filled the air.  He felt stuck in the school since the nearest city was miles and miles away.  Jungkook sighed again and headed towards the building.

 

As Jungkook entered the doors, life seemed to finally reach the school.  Students filled the hall as they made their way around.  For some reason he felt like was being watched, but when he looked around no one was looking at him.  It was strange.  He had this feeling since he arrived at the boarding school a month ago, but there was never a soul looking at him.  It was frustrating.

 

Jungkook headed towards his class.  Once inside he sat down at his seat.

 

“I didn’t see you at breakfast.”  Gahyeon, his classmate he recently befriended, walked over.  She sat down at the table next to him. 

“I wasn’t hungry.”  Jungkook replied, taking out his books.

“You should still eat.”  She replied, also taking out her books.  “If you’re not eating for the food, it should be for your body.”

 

Jungkook grunted in response.

 

“Still not used to the place huh?”  Gahyeon rested her head on her hands, leaning on the table.  “I can’t say I blame you.  This place feels weird.”

“Like someone’s always watching you?”  Jungkook turned to face her.

“Yeah.”  Gahyeon nodded.  “I’m so freaked out I’ve been jumping into the same bed with my roommate every night.  She thinks I’m insane though.”

“Why’s that?”  He asked.

She shrugged.  “When I talked about it, she said it must be because I watch too many horror movies and walked away.”

“She is right though.  Many movies do have these kinds of buildings as the main setting.  There might be a hidden graveyard nearby filled with previous students that are haunting our school.”  Jungkook joked.

“Please don’t.”  Gahyeon glared at him.

 

Jungkook shrugged just then the teacher walked into the room.  She glared at him for a few more seconds before turning her attention to the front of the room.  Jungkook chuckled.  He enjoyed teasing Gahyeon in the mornings.  While he did feel a bit uncomfortable at the school, but he wasn’t too concerned since he did think it was because he watched one too many horror movies and agreed with her roommate.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

During lunch Jungkook sat outside with his friends in the garden.  He had yet to make friends with anyone the same age as himself, but instead managed to befriend a few older kids after literally bumping into Jimin in the shower room.  Jimin, the school’s friendliest student, had brought him into his circle of friends which consisted of the mysterious Taehyung and Hoseok.  Hoseok and Jimin were currently fighting over the last piece of chicken while Taehyung was nowhere to be seen.  In fact, he had only met the boy once, despite the boy being a constant presence in their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter