Chapter 4

The Curse of the Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They kept walking for what felt like hours before the road finally came to an end.  Ahead of them was what looked to be the entrance to their school, which it couldn’t be because their school was behind them.  They didn’t turn around or make any turns.  They kept walking straight, so it couldn’t be their school.

 

“Is that our school?”  Jimin asked.

“That’s ridiculous.  It’s can’t be.”  Jin tried to reason.  “Our school should be behind us.”

“Can we just release the spider here and go back now?”  Yoohyeon whimpered.  “It’s kinda scary.”

Yoongi took his jacket off and put it over her shoulders.  “I’m gonna have to agree with her.  Let’s drop it off and head back.  This place is freaking me out.”

 

Handong quickly got the jar from Jiu and threw it to Gahyeon before Jiu could protest.  Gahyeon released the spider onto the ground and it ran back the way they came.  Jiu tried to run after it, but Namjoon stopped her.

 

“Let it go.”  Namjoon reminded her.  “That’s what we came here to do.”

“No!”  Jiu protested.  “Not here.  It’ll-”  She stopped mid-sentence, eyes widening.

 

Everyone turned to look at what she was looking at.  They saw what looked to be the same spider coming back towards them.  But this time it brought friends.

 

“!”  Yoongi exclaimed as he pulled Yoohyeon away from the spiders.

 

They all ran towards the school.  The spiders were fast and keeping up on their heels.  Taehyung opened the doors to the school and they all ran inside.  Taehyung shut it and locked it, while Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jungkook began to put furniture in front of it to keep the spiders out.  They could hear the spiders climbing the walls outside.

 

“You think it’ll hold?”  Siyeon worriedly asked.

“I hope so.”  Jungkook replied.

 

“Guys.”  Yoohyeon called everyone to look at what she was seeing.

 

They all turned around to see that the inside of their school was different.  Instead of the beautiful lobby they saw an old, long, dimly lit motel hallway.  The floor and walls looked like they hadn’t been cleaned in ages.  Simply put, it looked abandoned.

 

They heard the faint footsteps of someone coming closer.  The looked around, but couldn’t pinpoint the location of it.  Suddenly, they felt a chill run through them.  A man in a black suit seemed to materialize in front of them.  He walked past them towards one of the rooms.  The lights began to flicker and a second figure appeared in the distance.  A young woman holding a doll stood across the hall.  The man noticed, raising up the video camera he had in his hand.  The lights suddenly turned off and back on.  Within the second the light was off the figure disappeared.

 

“Demons.”  T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter