Chapter 3

The Curse of the Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook startled awake.  Remembering the spiders from the night before, he quickly looked around.  He was still in his bed and the windows were still intact.  There was no sign of a spider attack.  Jungkook jumped out of his bed to check his body.  Not even a scratch.  But it felt so real. 

 

Brushing it off as a nightmare, Jungkook took a step towards the bathroom.  He heard something crunch under his foot.  He looked down to find a squished baby spider.  A chill ran down his spine.  Last night was a dream…  Right?

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

After dressing himself, Jungkook headed out into the boy’s common room.  He found Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, Yoongi, Taehyung, and Hoseok standing there.

 

“Good morning!”  Jimin noticed the newcomer walk in.

“Morning.”  Jungkook replied, staring at Taehyung.

 

The strange event with Taehyung from the night before still lingering in his mind.  He watched as Taehyung listened to Jin and Namjoon’s conversation about skipping breakfast to release the spider.  Taehyung looked human and had feet despite seemingly vanishing yesterday.

 

“You’re coming with us to release the spider, right?”  Jimin put an arm around Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Yeah.”  The younger boy nodded.  “Gahyeon invited me.”

“Great!”  Jimin chirped.  “We’re gonna leave soon.  Just waiting for Namjoon to convince Mama-Jin to skip breakfast.”

 

They both turned to Jin, who looked defeated as the others urged him skip lunch.  By the looks of it they succeeded defeating Jin.

 

“But I’m hungry!”  Jin complained as they headed out of the room.

“I told you.  I have snacks in my bag.”  Hoseok tapped the backpack slung over his shoulder.

“Give it!”  Jin put his hand out.

 

Hoseok reached into his bag, taking out a few fruits he stole from the kitchen the night before.  He passed a fruit to everyone.

 

“I have more, so let me know if you want another.”  Hoseok smiled, zipping up his bag.

 

Jimin grabbed the apple in Jungkook’s hand, replacing it with the banana Hoseok gave him.  He took a bite before heading out the door.  Jungkook began to peel his banana when he felt eyes on him.  He looked up to find Taehyung watching him.  Taehyung took a bite out of his apple, eyes not leaving Jungkook.

 

“Breakfast isn’t so strange today, is it?”  Taehyung said before following everyone out.

 

Jungkook watched the boy leave.  So the conversation they had last night was real.  What about him vanishing before Gahyeon arrived?

 

Jungkook took a bite out his banana and followed Taehyung out.  He was going to keep an eye on Taehyung today.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

The boys arrived at the back garden.  They saw the girls waiting by the path.

 

“You have food!”  Gahyeon exclaimed when she saw the boys eating as they headed towards them.

“You want some?”  Hoseok ped his bag.  “I stole some last night.”

“Yes please!” Gahyeon ran over.

 

Hoseok began to pass out friends to the girls, who all took a fruit.

 

“So what’s the plan today?”  Yoongi asked.

“We don’t know if the spider is poisonous or not, so we kinda don’t want it to come back again.”  Dami replied.

“So we’re thinking maybe we can go as deep as we can into the forest before we release it.”  Siyeon continued.

“Sounds good.”  Jin agreed.  “I just hope we don’t find anymore spiders… or bugs.”  He mumbled the last part.

“It’s a forest.  Of course there’ll be bugs.”  Yoongi rolled his eyes.

 

After the girls finished eating they all turned to look at the path into the forest.  The trees made it so that minimal light entered the forest, so it was a little dark even though it was still morning.  The path didn’t actually look too eerie, except for the path looked endless.

 

“Has anyone actually gone into the forest before?”  Handong asked.

 

Everyone shook their heads.

 

“I guess there’s a first for everything.”  Siyeon put her arm around Handong.

“When I was a freshman, I heard of some upper classmen that went inside.”  Namjoon replied.  “Rumor has it, they didn’t come back.”

 

Everyone stared at Namjoon.  T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter