To New Beginnings

Wonb Collection

            They said that when a chapter ends, a new beginning will come. But everything in my world has stopped since the day you closed the book. Tears and pain became a permanent mark in my heart. Lucky are those whose stories aren’t finished yet. Lucky are those whose ending can still be different. Lucky are those whose closure is acceptable.

            I stood up from sitting under the slide in the kid’s playground where you and I first met. It was a rainy day and I didn’t bring an umbrella. Then there was you, running for cover and shielding yourself from the rain as if you’re not wet already. At first, I didn’t notice but when you stood beside me I realized something. Your eyes... That nose... Those lips of yours... The details were etched on my mind. I was enchanted by you. I kept staring but you didn’t mind. A car stopped in front of us and you offered me a ride home. Sudden realization dawned on me and before I knew it, you were holding my hand. I couldn’t stop staring at your hand holding mine and the thought was driving me crazy. My heart was beating so fast. I looked at your eyes as if it was a teleportation device my whole existence and in a blink of an eye, we arrived in front of my house. I didn’t know how you figured out where I lived but it was magical. I went to my bed after a bath looking back at what just happened. The thought made my heart race again. Why do I feel this way? I barely know you. I don’t even know your name. A lot of time has passed wondering until the dreamland came to me.

            I was walking on my way to work but someone bumped me. The smell of that someone... Those smell... Your enchanting smell... You apologized but there I was, lost in space again. I might look like a rude person to you right now but I didn’t mean it. I know I should at least say that it’s okay but before I opened my mouth, you were gone once again.

            The day was over and I was walking to the bus station to come home. That accident this morning was still embarrassing. Then I saw you sitting at a bench outside my office. Your back alone looks like it was sculpted by a famous sculptor and made my senses go wild. I’m scared that you might find me creepy but I know I need to know your name. A tap. A tap on your back was all it took to make me forget what I was supposed to do.

“Hi. I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to be rude. I was jus-“

“Sowon. My name is Sowon.” It was as if you know what’s on my mind. You looked at me with a smile full of hope. And in an instant my world was full of colors.

“Sinb.” I replied nervously but I have to keep my cool. But instead of listening, you grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the playground where I was first mesmerized by you. That night was unforgettable. You and I engaged in a deep conversation as if we’ve known each other for so long while drinking a canned coffee that you bought. There was no doubt. I was so sure that I loved you from that day onwards.

            Time passed and our world became revolved around each other. I loved the feeling of calling you mine and me being yours. Even the warmth of the sun doesn’t compare to the comfort that your love is giving me. Some days are blue but most of it is filled with you.

I never thought the day would come that you would vanish forever. And just like that my world became cold. I searched for you everywhere. It was as if you never existed. I waited and waited in the place where you captured my heart forever. I was drowning at the thought of not having you again or the fact that I will never hear you call my name. I loved you and know that I always do even if it hurts like a thousand arrows piercing my heart. And even if my questions will remain unanswered, I will keep on waiting for your return.

 

(1 year later)

Sowon

            The day I found you under a slide in the playground, I knew I was meant to be with you. I don’t know how or why. I just knew. You were shivering but you didn’t mind as if the cold is a friend to you. I noticed that you were staring at me but I didn’t mind because I love to have your attention. My family’s car came and I was offering you a ride but you never responded. The rain was getting heavier so I pulled your hand to get inside my car.

“Hi! I’ll get you home. Where do you live?” And I still tried to ask even though I know you won’t answer. I rummaged in your bag to find your id to get information about your address because I don’t think you’ll ever stop staring at me.  We were parked outside your house so I pulled you again and guided you to your house. I said goodbye and I hoped you heard it but then I know you didn’t.

            It was funny how destiny played us to meet again. I was on my way to an audition for a movie and I was running late. It was as if our cupid knew you were there so he made me bumped into you accidentally. The audition was so important that I apologized immediately and helped you to stand up. I promised to myself that I would return after work to apologize properly and maybe introduce myself. Little did I know that it was what will make me fall in love with you. My days are happier. My world looks brighter and music seems to find its way to my heart. I get lonely without you and life is boring if I’m away from you. I could never find the perfect words to describe my feelings towards you but I will gladly take your heart and hold it tight close to mine.

            And just like a typical romance, we were separated by the world. I got into an accident. I was paralyzed for 9 months and I just started doing my therapy. I wish you were here beside me. I wanted to find you but my parents brought me to the US to have a better medical treatment. Just wait for me Sinb. Please wait for me.

 

            The rain is pouring when the airplane that I was on landed safely in the airport. Finally, I can go to you my Sinb. I gave my luggage to our butler so he can bring it home while I ran to my car and drove to our special place, the playground. I am unsure of how will you react seeing me after I left without saying anything. I didn’t mean to but I wish that you can forgive me. I was almost near the slide when I heard a sniffling sound. My heart broke because I knew it was you. I rushed without minding where my umbrella went to. And just like how the day I met you, you were there shivering but this time you are crying. I can’t help myself but I hugged you tightly as if I never wanted to lose you again.

“I’m home.” I whispered as you burst into tears in my arms.

“I love you please don’t leave me again.” I hugged you even tighter as I utter a promise.

“I will never leave you again.”

I don’t know what the future holds for us neither the ending of our story. But I’ll keep our book open for a chance of a happy ending. To new beginnings and beyond.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: And I hope that you will all be happy to your new beginnings as well. Kim Sojung, Jung Yerin, Yuju and Viviz, cheers to your new found happiness. <3