Listen

Wonb Collection

Wonb

"Sinb! Stop running around!" 
Sojung continues to chase around Sinb because she purposely hid the older girl's car key. 

"No! You're not going anywhere." 

Sinb was almost at her bedroom's door when a hand caught hers tightly. It was at that moment she knew she ed up. 

"Why are you always doing this? You are not a kid anymore!" Sojung angrily grabbed her keys away from Sinb.

"Then why are you always going out with her?" Sinb asks Sojung with her eyebrows raised. 

"Why do you care? Are you jealous? Do you like me?" Sojung asked her back while walking towards her with a seductive look. 

Sinb got flustered and starts backing away. Who wouldn't? Sojung has always been Sinb's no. 1. As soon as Sinb entered her room, she closed the door in front of Sojung. 

"Okay fine! Enjoy your date!" Sinb shouts from the inside while Sojung can't take away her smirk as she head towards the exit. 

Meanwhile, Sinb sat on her bed and the scene earlier came flashing in her memory. 
She has always loved Sojung. More than a friend. More than everything in this world. It is not unknown to her friends about her feelings to Sojung but they all respect Sinb with her personal decisions. As much as she wants to tell the whole world about her feelings, she can't do that. Not that she didn't try but Sojung is just so hard headed she wouldn't listen to her. Maybe it was her fault for being childish to Sojung playing pranks on her every now and then. Maybe if she could just listen. Listen to my heart.  Sinb sighed as she felt a pang in her heart knowing that Sojung is out there with her rumored girlfriend. She closed her eyes to sleep hoping that her feelings for Sojung will close its doors. 

Sojung's PoV

"Yerin, do you think Sinb is serious when she told me before that she likes me?" I glanced at the farther part of the club I'm in. I ask Yerin instead of Chungha here in the club. In contrast with the recent rumors, Chungha and I are just friends no more no less.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask her?" 

I looked at Yerin who was sitting beside me and gave her a suspicious look. 

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"No." 

I can see that Yerin is lying but I won't force her because if I do then I might be afraid to know the answer. 

The truth is I like Sinb a lot since the first day we met in our current company. I thought love at first sight isn't a thing but then it was what I felt for her even until now. She never failed to make my heart skip a beat even though she was there doing nothing well, except bugging me everyday.

[flashback]

"Hi! I'm Sinb. Can I sit here? Every table is occupied and I have nowhere to sit."
"Y-yeah s-sure." 
It was so awkward eating with her beside me. I hope she can't hear how fast my heart beats right now. 
"Uhm, excuse me but do you know if there is a nearby apartment or dorm here?" Sinb breaks the silence.
"I-I don't know yet but if I find one I'll let you know." I looked at her nervously.
"Sure thanks. Here's my number. Call me just in case you found one. Oh and thank you for letting me sit with you today. " She stood up and left to go back to her work. Since then I can't get her out of my mind.


"Hey, Ms. Gorgeous!" I heard someone said but I didn't look because I know I have a name and that is not my name. I was shocked when someone ran in front of me and it was her. My angel. 
"Sup Ms. Gorgeous!" She said and I turned around to check if there is someone behind me that goes by the name 'Gorgeous'.
"It's you idiot! "  She placed her palms on both sides of my face. 
"I didn't get to know your name so I called you that." Sinb continued to talked with that position. I can't control the reddening of my cheeks. She looks like a cute child reaching for a bag of chips in a higher counter. Cute! I smiled.
"Shim Shoshu" I saw her face getting confused as I uttered that. I removed her hands out of my face.
"Kim Sojung." It's now Sinb's time to blush.
"I found a dorm nearby. 10 minutes walk from here. It's a two bedroom and one kitchen dorm. And the landlady said I'm going to live with another person. " She explained. 
"Okay then goodluck!" I winked at her and pat her head. I can't take her presence anymore. I feel like bursting. 

After work, I head to the grocery to buy ingredients for my dinner. As soon as I get to the dorm, I realized that there is someone inside the other bedroom. I shrugged and thought that maybe it was the new tennant because the landlady told me earlier that someone is going to occupy the other room. I started cooking and heard a door open. I didn't care much because I was not really a friendly person.
"Excuse me, I'm Sinb your new dormmate." I smirked as soon as I heard her voice. I turned around and gave her a smile. 
"Oh welcome!" 
Sinb squealed and jumped to hug me.
"Ah! I'm so glad that it's you. Hmm come to think of it I always bump into you wherever I go. Are we destined or something?" 
I laughed at her cringy question and told her to sit because I'm cooking. We talked and talked all night until Sinb, my new workmate and dormmate became a precious friend of mine even though we bully each other every now and then. A lot of memories piled up each day.

"Unnie!" I jumped when she threw a fake cockroach to me. 

"Unnie!" I spilled my coffee when she barged into my room and shout that there is fire so I get up and went to where the fire extinguisher is but there is no fire. She was laughing so hard at me so I went to get my plant sprayer filled with water and chase her around the dorm until we're both wet.

"Unnie..." I thought it was another one of her pranks again but she sound different. I checked into her room and found her looking so weak. She got fever and I ended up taking care of her until the day after that. 

"Unnie!" I looked at her but she immediately put an icing to my face. 
"Now you ruined my cake!" I chase her around again and when I caught her from behind, I placed all the icing left into her face. 

It was one winter night when I forgot to bring my coat because I thought Yerin is going to fetch me but she didn't. I endured a long walk to home when I saw Sinb halfway through. She gave me her scarf and her extra padded coat and we walk together to home. When we are near to the dorm she stopped me. 
"Unnie, I- I have something to say. "
"You look so serious. It doesn't suit you. " I because I'm getting nervous to what was she going to say  
"I think I'm in love with you" 
I stood there flustered with a blank mind. I don't know what to answer. 

I know I love her too but I'm afraid that she was just playing a prank on me. A few seconds and she started running towards our dorm. I slapped my forehead and cussed under my breath. You're an idiot self. Congratulations. 

Ever since then, I tried to be careful with her. Not much has changed and we didn't talk about that anymore. 

I drank my last shot of whiskey and ask Yerin to take me home. 

I went straight to bed and wished that her feelings will stay the same until my heart starts to listen. 

I woke up with a pounding headache and can't get out of bed. Sinb came into my room to check on me if I'm ready to go to work with her. She saw me laying flat on my stomach and she went on my bedside.

"Hangover?" She asks

"Yeah.I won't go to work today. I've already informed the HR. Be safe on your way to work Sinb." I gave her a reassuring smile but she just sighed and went out of my room. A few minutes later, she came back with a pill and a soup for hangover. 

"Why didn't you go to work?" I sit back on my bed as I indulge myself in what she cooked for me. 

"I want to take care of you."
 I stared at her and put on my best smile.
"Thank you Sinb."

I slept for another five hours and woke up feeling fine. I went out my bedroom and saw that Sinb was watching Harry Potter. Her favorite. I checked outside and it looks like it's gonna snow today. I told Sinb to go out with me to the Han river to take a walk. We fixed ourselves and head out to our favorite place. We talked and talked as  if our topics will never run out. The night went by and the snow began to fall. We walked home together side by side smiling endlessly and laughing to each other's joke. It was at that moment I knew that my heart is now ready to listen. I held her hand and made her face me. 

"I have to ask something."

"What is it Sojung unnie? "

"About what you said a year ago, in this same scenario, is that true?" She looked down and nod her head slightly. 

" It has always been true but you don't want to listen." 

I lift her head and wipe a tear coming from her eyes. I kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. 

"Then my heart is now ready to listen. Sinb, I think I'm falling in love with you too. No, I am in love with you ever since the day I saw you and sat beside me for lunch. I am sorry for not listening too soon because I thought that it was one of your pranks and I am so scared to open my heart."

She finally smiled and kissed my lips. I was so flustered like the first time she talked to me. 
"I played too mu-"
I didn't let her finish her sentence and kissed her passionately. She kisses me back. We let our hearts listen to the astounding beats of each other matching the rythm from start to endless. It is a music only us can understand with a language unknown to human but with our lips we know the meaning of being heard. We finally listened.         
Even though the snow is falling, we can only feel each other's warmth. We ran to our dorm hurriedly and went to my bedroom for who knows what we're gonna do. 

"I love you Sinb"

"I love you too Sojung"