The Reason (pt.2)

Wonb Collection

2 years later

Sinb stopped being a photographer and began a writing career. That way, she can stay home everytime because truth be told, she is still waiting for her Sowon to come back. Even her twin sister, Yuju, told her to stop waiting and start a new life. She even tried to set Sinb on so many dates but she never showed up. 

Sinb is having a booksigning at a mall when she saw a familiar figure. Her heartbeat became rapid and she found herself running after the figure. She was so close to the girl when someone came and hugged the girl that she was chasing. Hoping that it really was her Sowon, she took courage and tried to get the girl's attention. When the girl turned around, she saw Sowon and she hugged her immediately. 
"I missed you." Still hugging Sowon tightly. 

"Umm who is she babe?" the other girl asked.

"I don't know." Sowon answered with a poker face and pushed Sinb away from her. 

"Sorry miss, you might have been mistaken." Sowon told Sinb then held Eunha's hand and walked away. 

Sinb was hurt but something is urging her to keep going and fight for what she believed in.  It's time to put her plan in action.

Ms. Sowon, just wait and I'll make you mine again. 

Sinb utters in her mind. She quickly dialed a number  in her phone.

"Hello Mr. Seo. This is Sinb. Can I discuss something about the papers you gave me 2 years ago?"

"Are you finally going to sign it Miss?" the man on the other line asked. 

"Hmm. Let's see. Meet me tommorow at 2 in Shiningbucks cafe." Then she hung up with a smirk on her face. 

The next day...

A man in suit sat down in front of Sinb while she was drinking her latte. 

"So what do you want to discuss with me Miss?"

"I want your boss to do this things with me before I sign to that divorce papers she's been asking me to. " She then handed a list she wrote last night to Sowon's attorney.

"Okay mam. I will let her know and I'll call you as soon as she agrees. Thank you."

Sinb was now left alone in her seat while smiling happily as if she hit a jackpot but at the same time nervous to what Sowon will do. 

---------------------------------------------------

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO THESE THINGS FOR HER TO SIGN THAT PIECE OF PAPER?!" Sowon was so furious after reading what was written on that paper.

"But Mam, she said she'll do it and I've been bugging her for too long. " The scared attorney still managed to say.

Sowon touched the bridge of her nose and let out a deep sigh. 

"Okay. I'll do it. You can go now."

When her lawyer went out she looked over the paper again.

S&S to do together 

1. Make a breakfast for Sinb
2. Take Sinb to the amusement park
3. Hold Sinb's hand all day
4. Give a piggyback ride to Sinb
5. Watch the fireworks with Sinb 
6. Cuddle with Sinb.
---------------------------------------------------

The day came to fulfill Sinb's wishes. Sowon found herself in front of Sinb's door holding the groceries she bought for breakfast. Anybody can tell that Sowon is in a grumpy and bad mood state as she crossed her arms and clicking her shoe while waiting for the door to open up. And when the door finally opened up, she saw a girl with a very messy hair and covered with a blanket. When Sinb saw the tall figure, she immediately formed a bright smile.

"Good morning!" Sinb said enthusiastically.

"Can you just let me in already?" Sowon impatiently answered.

Sinb opened the door widely and let Sowon in. Without further ado, Sowon went straight to the kitchen and prepared the ingredients for Sinb's breakfast ignoring the fact that she was in the house where they previously lived in together. Sinb sat in front of the counter drinking her hot chocolate while Sowon was cooking.

"Don't watch me. Go ahead and do your thing." Sowon blurted out of the blue.

Sinb pretended that she didn't hear that and continued staring at Sowon. Annoyed, Sowon just shook her head and sighed. 

"Can you get the plates? I'm almost done cooking." It's as if on cue, Sinb stood up and walked to the cabinet like a child excited for her first mission. 

They were both eating their breakfasts but Sinb was still staring at Sowon.

"Excuse me. Is there something on my face?" Sowon asked angrily because she's getting embarrased. Sinb just laughed and resumed eating. After breakfast, Sowon did the dishes while Sinb started preparing for their day to the amusement park. 

Sowon drove them and both are silent on the way but Sinb was still staring at her. Sowon thought it's annoying but she's getting used to it. When they reached the amusement park, Sinb noticed that there are no customers inside other than them.

"Wait! Why are there only the two of us here? Is it closed for today? Are we too early?" Sinb stopped Sowon and asked with shock face. 

"I rented the whole place idiot." 

Sinb was still in awe and Sowon had no choice but to pull her hand and intertwined it with hers.

"Let's go."

They rode everything and rested only to eat . It has always been Sinb's dream to ride everything in the amusement park but they never got the chance to because they are both always busy. They both watched as the sun sets in the nearby seaside still holding hands.

When night came, they decided to ride the ferris wheel for the finale. They were very awkward inside as memories came flashing to both of them. But Sinb gathered up the courage to speak.

"Sowon, I know I've done a lot of mistakes and damages have been done. And even if I can't change the past, I still want to say so-" 

Sinb was stopped midway when a pair of lips started kissing her and that's when she realized that they were already on top and the fireworks show was ongoing. It was the scene that she had always wanted. She was supposed to be happy but instead it was pain that she felt. Sowon was kissing her aggresively and only stopped when they were about to go down the booth that they were in. Sowon walked faster as memories reminded her of the pain she always want to forget. She only stopped when she heard her name screamed by Sinb. She turned around and saw Sinb slumped on the floor. Turns out she tripped when she tried to chase Sowon. She went closer to Sinb and turned her back signalling to get on her back. 

They walked back to their car and headed back to Sinb's house. Sowon carried Sinb on her back all the way to her room.
Sowon was getting ready to leave when a hand reached hers. 

"You haven't done the last wish." 

Sowon then went to Sinb's side and cuddled with her. 

"Sowon, will you be happy if I signed that paper?"

Silence filled the room that they were in. 

"I didn't come that day because an emergency happened. One of the staffs that I am with needed to go to the hospital because of severe stomach pain and I was the only one available to do so. Turns out, she had appendicitis and if I didn't bring her then she would've died. God knows how much I wanted to go home immediately but I lost my phone on the way and I couldn't get in touch with you. I admit that I became insensitive to your feelings but when you asked me out, I came back to my senses. I've always loved you and even now it didn't change but when you kissed me earlier, I realized that I've hurt you too much. I want to be selfless and this time I am putting your feelings first. So if that paper can set you free, I will do it even if it will hurt a lot. Be happy Sowon because you deserve that." 

Sowon's eyes are teary but she hid it to Sinb who was laying on her chest. She felt that all those time she dwelled on that pain years ago was nothing when she heard Sinb's reason. But right now, she knows that they both needed to fully heal and maybe start over again. She looked at Sinb and found that she was already asleep. They stayed like that for a few more hours. Sowon slid away from Sinb carefully and decided to just leave a note to her and left. 

Sinb woke up only to find a note on her bedside table. 

My Sinb, Be happy. - Sowon

---------------------------------------------------
One year later

     Sinb again had a booksigning event for her fourth hit novel at the same mall she saw Sowon but this time she was happier. She stopped waiting and started working on herself. And even though she remains single despite of Yuju setting her up on dates, she chose to stay that way because she knew that she will never be able to love another like how she loved Sowon.

       She was looking down at her table when a person handed her a book for signing. When she looked up, her heart jumped out when she saw who it is. It was Sowon who was smiling genuinely at her. 

"Is it too late to be your fan?" Sowon asked shyly. 

            Sinb stood up and went closer to her. Their eyes speaking to each other. Moving closer and closer, they removed the gap between them and kissed each other like it was the only thing that could keep them alive ignoring the applause and amusement from Sinb's fans. A few more kisses and they just stood there with their foreheads in contact and hands that won't let go of each other's. No further words and they know that it's a new beginning for the both of them but this time...

They would make it last.

The end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------