Give me a reason (pt.1)

Wonb Collection

     Sowon and Sinb has been married for three years now. You know, the usual married life that has ups and downs but lately, it was always downs. Sowon was trying so hard to make their marriage work but Sinb was so in love with her job as a world class photographer. She always travel here and there everytime. 

      Sowon was awaken from the sound of her alarm. She looked over to the other side of the bed and her wife was not there. She just sighed and went on to take a bath. She went to work like the usual as a CEO of her own company. After work, she invited Yerin and Umji for a drink.

"So how was your marriage Sowon unnie?"  Umji asked as soon as they sat on their table. 

"I don't even know how to describe it but all I know is that I am getting exhausted. I love her, I still do but even heroes give up sometimes." Sowon drank her whole glass of whiskey in one gulp. 

"Any plans? Do you want us to get involved this time?" Yerin looked at Sowon with worried voice. 

"No. Let me endure this pain until I get wrecked so bad. Until then, just stay with me whenever I need you both." 

Yerin and Umji knows they can't do anything except to be there for their older friend. 

-------------------------------------------------
       Sowon was staring blankly at the ceiling weighing things in her mind. Their anniversary is happening next week and she was thinking of maybe giving it one last chance and if it doesn't work...

"No. It will work." Sowon keeps avoiding the possible scenario but she just can't.

          ...if it doesn't work then they should get a divorce and continue the life that they both have separately. 

Tears kept falling to her face as the thought of saying goodbye to Sinb is pouring. 

She called Sinb hoping that she would answer and she did. 

"Hello?" Sinb answered.

"Are you gonna be here next week?" 

"Hmm. wait let me check my schedule."

Sowon's heartbeat was getting faster because of nervousness. After a few minutes, Sinb spoke again. 

"Yes. I'll be home next week. Why?"

"Oh nothing. I just want to ask you out next week. You in?"

"Yeah sure. Uhh I have to go now. Bye!" Sinb ended the call abruptly.

"I love you. Bye." Sowon still said even if Sinb can't hear it. 

The day came and Sowon was waiting at the amusement park that they used to go a lot when they were dating and not yet succesful to their carreers. She rented the whole place privately so they don't have to wait for long queues. She looked at the different rides that was there.  Memories came rushing down to her and she smiled to those. 

There was that horror house where they both entered along with another 2 sets of couple. They were all scared enough that when they got out, they are holding the hands of a different person but Sowon and Sinb are still holding each other. She knew that Sinb hates scary places so she held her hand tight even though she too was a little bit afraid especially when a man in a creepy costume was chasing them. There was also a booth where you can shoot the little figures displayed and you can get a prize if you took down enough figures. It was so funny because she was loading the gun but she accidentally pulled the trigger and a pellet hit the bystander near the booth. Fortunately, the man was okay with it. Who would resist Sinb's cuteness? Of course! No one can. There was also the Ferris Wheel. It was her dream to ride that with the person she loves and kiss when they're on top but it didn't happen because she was so mesmerized by the night view of the city she forgot. Sinb was so upset that it didn't happen but Sowon stopped her in the middle of the park and kissed her passionately as the fireworks began in the background. 

Sowon got too carried away from the flashes of memory that she forgot about the time. It was past 10 o'clock and the fireworks will start in two hours but no Sinb came. She waited patiently, hoping and praying that she was just stuck in a traffic and is on her way. 

12 midnight came and Sowon was all alone in the middle of the amusement park crying her heart out because her wife didn't even care to inform her that she can't come. The fireworks began as she releases her agony. The memory that was once cherished was now tainted with hatred and agony. She cried endlessly that night hoping that Sinb can give her a reason to continue their marriage but the answer was still another heartache. She decided that it was too much and she had enough  

She went straight home and packed her bags. She took everything that didn't include Sinb in it. She just doesn't want to remember her or anything about her. She took one last look to their house and went out wanting nothing to do with it anymore. She stayed in a hotel and informed Yerin and Umji that she will go far far away from here and that they didn't have to worry then called her attorney to discuss about the divorce that she wants to take place immediately. With a heavy heart and broken soul, she went to States to start a new life. 

Sinb went back the next morning only to find out that Sowon's clothes and things are all gone. 

"Sowon? Sowon?" She looked at the kitchen hoping her wife was there.

"Sowon?" As soon as she checked the balcony, the doorbell rang. She ran hoping it was Sowon and that she just went out of town or something. She opened the door but to her dismay it was Sowon's attorney. 

"Good morning. Ms. Kim wants me to give this to you. That document includes the ownership to the house. Please call me as soon as you finish signing the other document along with the ownership. Thank you." Sinb was getting nervous upon hearing the instruction of the lawyer. She immediately closed the door without saying goodbye and opened the envelope. It was the divorce papers. Sinb's hand and feet went cold. She called Sowon over and over again. Wanting to know the reason why, she didn't stop. She got tired eventually and sat on the couch. 
"uggghh Sowon why?" Her hands were rubbing her face out of frustration. That's when she took a glance at the calendar in front of her. Then realizations came in and tears started rolling down her face. Yesterday was supposed to be their anniversary.
 
"I'm sorry Sowon. Please come back to me." was all she could utter repeatedly. She swore to herself that if she was given a chance again, she would make it right whatever it takes.