Epilogue : Farewell

Centuries Too Late

Hanseong, 1400

Muoshi

 

The people gathered around. They screamed and accused her of things she was not. Yes, it was treason.

 

But they do not understand. They know nothing.

 

At rhe corner of her eye she saw Sehun struggling with the guards. He was all tied up and bruises filled the side of his face.

 

He was shoved to the ground and the guards stepped on him mercilessly. But still, he continued to scream her name, desperately.

 

"YERIM!!!"

 

In the end, he was too late.

 

She cast one final look at Sehun and smiled, before her last breath.

 


Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Kim Yeri's Apartment

2020

 

Yeri sat up abruptly and her hand shot up to her neck. She was a bit disoriented as she scanned the room. She caught sight of the clock on one of the shelves.

 

12:08 AM

 

Her mind was filled with hazy thoughts, as she stood, her legs wobbly and her hair disheveled. She tried to recall the events in her mind, unable to distinguish what was real and what was not.

 

She ran to her room and stared at mirror.

 

The memory of the man she loved in her past life plagued her thoughts as she caressed the obvious birthmark on her neck. She need not be ashamed for she now knew why it was there.

 

A lone tear fell from the corner of her eye, "Sehun."