Chapter 2: Revelation

Centuries Too Late

Hanseong, 1400

The Queen's Quarters

Jashi

 

When she opened her eyes, she was in an unfamiliar place. She was in a wide room with wooden floors and walls with traditional floral wallpapers. 

 

"Quickly, my Queen." The woman beside her spoke.

 

"Queen?" Yeri exclaimed.

 

The woman looked at her with worry and shoved a piece of paper into her hands. She looked at it with confusion and looked back at the woman. 

 

"Quickly, before they find out." The woman whispered.

 

As she was about to read what was inside the paper, several men barged into the room she was in. Angry footsteps began approaching and a man came into the room. He was fair, angelic and he looked very sweet but he was angry.

 

"Ah, Queen Yerim! I believe there is something you'd like to tell me?"

 

At this point, Yeri could hear her heart pounding against her chest. Her fingers went numb, her face pale, and she was unsure of what to do next. What was she supposed to tell this man? She turned to the woman beside her--whom she figured was the Queen's servant--only to find her detained by what she assumed was the palace guards. 

 

"My, guilty? Aren't we?" The man mocked.

 

"Your Majesty!" The servant screamed.

 

The man turned to the servant and raised a brow in her direction. But it was as if he had not heard anything he marched towards Yeri before hearing the servant scream again. Where was she anyway?

 

"What's this? Ah, a letter from your lover! I should have known." The King snatched the paper from her hands and read a portion of what was inside.

 

" 'To meet where it all began.' What a charmer!"

 

"Your Majesty, please!"

 

The man ignored her whilst making his way to where Yeri sat. Yeri was now panicking. She froze and stared at the King in shock.

 

"Baekhyun!" The servant screamed.

 

The man stopped and turned to the servant.

 

"Arrest them both." He spat.

 

And so Yerim and her servant were taken by the palace guards. They were made to stay in a dark and cold chamber and stripped of their clothes. 

 

They were to wait for the next morning, where their execution will take place.