Chapter 7

Lost in shadows

"Oppa, what exactly are dreams?" Su Hyun asked her brother. He was stretching and yawning at the dining table, having just woken up.

"Images in your mind...at night?" He mumbled, eyes barely open. "Why ask?"

Su Hyun shrugged in response, taking a long sip from her morning drink.

"Weird dreams, lately?"

She nodded. Then shrugged again.

"Ah, just know that none of it is real, arasso?" He smiled a sleepy smile at his little sister, absentmindedly combing through his messy bedhair.

"Arasso." Su Hyun smiled back. If only that was true, she thought.

-o-

"So I just imagine it...and it'll appear?" She asked, skeptical.

"Ne. You don't even need to think of the details. It's all stored in the subconscious part of your mind. All you have to do is will it to appear." Minwoo instructed. "Try something small first...Maybe a pencil?"

"I'll try..." Su Hyun replied, squeezing her eyes closed and visualising the pencil on her desk. 

She opened her eyes. There was nothing in front of her. Nothing had happened.

She sighed. "Maybe it's just you guys who can do it. That's was...the seventh try?"

Minwoo bit his lip and turned to face Jeongmin for help but his hyung shrugged too. "Mollayo. Kinda just happened for me."

"You have to really, really want it, I think." Kwangmin tried. "Once you've done it once, it's really easy because you know what feeling you're...looking for. The first time I did it I had really, really wanted a pack of cards because...There was really nothing to do, right?" He turned to his friends, who nodded in agreement.

"Is there anything you really want?" Hyunseong asked.

"Er...not really." Su Hyun responded.

"Helpful. Very helpful." The figure in the corner remarked.

Donghyun had been throwing sarcastic comments to her the whole night. This time, Su Hyun glared at him. "Do you have to be like this?"

"For someone who couldn't stop screaming the first few nights, I see you've grown rather comfortable to us..." Donghyun glared back. 

"Hyung." Youngmin interuptted. "It's not like she came here on purpose. Something just keeps sending her back. Just...Just accept it."

"But why is she here? And why is she able to go back?" Donghyun argued.

"Hyung, we don't know and she doesn't know. Whatever it is, stop letting it matter..." Jeongmin said.

"She'll be a new friend." Kwangmin chirped in, unable to sense the tension in the room. Minwoo covered his face with his hands.

"If I'm to be honest...You're overreacting." Hyunseong stated. 

"And jealous..." Minwoo muttered softly. Su Hyun didn't hear it but Donghyun did. 

Donghyun scanned the room from the guy whose age was closest to his, all the way to the youngest. He squeezed his eyes shut then opened them again. 

"Fine."

To her surprise, he stood up from his chair and walked a few steps towards Su Hyun. 

"Wha-" She began but stopped, her words cut off by shock.

Donghyun had swiftly raised his right arm towards her and in a split second, a gun had appeared in his hand. Manifested. 

Su Hyun found herself frozen, rooted to the ground, paralyzed by the fear and absurdity of the situation. When...When did it escalate to this? Choking on her scream, she wished she had some sort...some sort of protection. This place was real...That meant...That meant she could die, right? She didn't want to die. Freak, out of all the people, all the places...Was this guy mental? How did an argument turn into this? What was she supposed to do now? He was slowly making her way towards her and the gun...It was right in front of her now and she could look down the hole from which the bullet would come out from and she could imagine the loud shot and she- She couldn't run away in time, her feet were icy stiff, she wouldn't make i-

Stop, she screamed from somewhere inside her head, her voice having disappeared, stop stop stop!

 "Hyung!" Someone shouted. But she couldn't tell who it was. The gunshot was too loud. 

----

Haven't updated in forever. So sorry. >< It's getting weirder and weirder, eh? ;) Don't worry, it'll be made cleared in the next chapter. ^^