Chapter 2

Lost in shadows

 

She opened her eyes to see a beige ceiling, with paint peeling off the wall at certain areas. She was home. On her bed, in her bed room. Waking up after one of the weirdest dreams ev-

But it wasn't a dream. She knew it wasn't. The nightmare before that, the pain and the blood, yes, that had been a nightmare. That hadn't been real. But what had come after that...the shocked faces...the 6 boys...That was real. She didn't know why she said so but...It was real. Yes, it was real. It didn't feel like she had just woken up from dream or sleep, more like she'd been somewhere, had an unfortunate blackout, been carried back to her bedroom and then woke up. For some reason, the encounter with the boys felt very, very real. It was as if that place had honestly existed, along with those 6 strangers. But that wasn't possible...was it?

She shook her head. "It can't be. It's a dream." She told herself. With that, she headed to the bathroom to prepare for school, trying to hide the images of those 6 youths at the very back of her mind.

"Su Hyun! Wanna go out after school?" her best friend asked, shaking her shoulders from behind.

"Huh?" Su Hyun said, snapping out of her daze.

Her friend sighed, "You've been stuck in your own world the whole school day. You even had a dazed look during gym class. Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"Huh? Er...yeah, i mean...er..." she struggled to get her thoughts straight, "I just...had a very weird dream last night. That's all. I keep trying to forget it but my mind keeps thinking about it."

"Oooooh, what sort of dream? Did it involve cute guys?" her friend teased. That was the only thing Min Hee ever thought about- guys.

Prompted by what her friend had said, her mind slowly made the realisation that...in all honesty, they actually had been quite cute. All six of them. In fact, they looked better than any boyband she had ever come across. Perhaps it /had/ been a dream then, her own made-up fantasy about...6 impossibly good-looking boys. Ahh, that was embarrassing...

"Hey, don't get daze off again!" Min Hee playfully whacked her on the back, "You haven't answered me yet. Want to go out later?"

"Yah! " Su Hyun winced, her friend could hit really hard. "Alright! Yes, yes! Okay...Let's go. Just don't do that again."

Seeing her sprawled out on the desk groaning, one hand massaging her back, Min Hee laughed. "Yay! Oh and don't fake it, I know your dream consisted of hot guys. Just remember... they're not real, okay? So don't get too lost in your own world. "she giggled.

---

Minwoo groaned inwardly. No, his hyung did not just...

"Always...always the theatrics," Donghyun spoke, staring sternly at the one at fault, slowly articulating each word and letting the implication behind them flow about freely in the room. Personally, Minwoo found this rather theatrical as well but he knew he wasn't allowed to say it.

"It's not like I knew she'll just...disappear like that!" Jeongmin exclaimed.

"That particular mirror's still broken. For all you know, she can't get home. You could have sent her away to another place, lost and living like us for decades..." Youngmin said.

"Does it matter?" Jeongmin rebutted bitterly, "So she'll live like us. Well, we're not dead or anything so I don't see what's so wrong with-"

Youngmin's eyes flashed. "She's innocent. She's innocent and she doesn't deserve a life like this! It's wrong!"

"Right and wrong? You think you know about right and wrong?" Jeongmin shouted.

Minwoo groaned, again. Stubborn Jeongmin, guilty Youngmin...Fight? Yeah, his hyungs were going to fight. He guessed he had to step in now.

"Hyung..." Minwoo began, and the guys turned to face him as he stepped forward. "We don't know what happened to her. Most likely, she got scared and woke up. But I doubt she'll be punished in a prison like us." he stopped to look at Youngmin, who gave a reluctant nod, "However... It would have been...good for her to stay. Just for a little while. " Minwoo sighed and faced Jeongmin now, not with accusation but simply to tell him he should listen, ignore his stubborn personality and try to understand, "She could have gotten us out. This was the first time anyone other than us had entered this room and the first time anyone had entered through the mirrors. In addition, she wasn't stuck here. She crossed from the real world but then she left. Of course, we don't where she went to but...the base line is that she wasn't trapped. And she might have been able to help us escape, had we had more time to ask her questions. " Minwoo explained. The room fell silent. They'd been stuck there forever, waiting for the day they could leave, or for anything that could help them escape. Was Minwoo right, then? Would the girl have been able to help them?

"Well...If she...If she's the key we're looking for, then she'll come again. " Jeongmin muttered, then he turned away and walked back to his seat. The discussion was over. There was nothing they could do about the situation, anyway. The only option they had ever had was to wait.

~

I saw Boyfriend. In real life. They came to Singapore and I went to the airport to see them. And they really are as good-looking as in the photos >o< And I got a somewhat good picture of the twins ;) Though I really wish I got one of Minwoo. I SAW THEM!!!! THEY EXIST!!! *squeal*

~