Chapter 5

Lost in shadows

She woke up with a throbbing headache that morning. "Urgh..." she groaned, as she sat up on her bed. She slowly registered the fact that it was a Saturday, so that meant no school and...a lot more time to worry about last night's happenings and her possibly not-quite-sane self. She sighed, cradling her head in her hands. Really, Suhyun. Parallel dimensions? Pressing her slightly trembling fingers hard against her temples, she considered the situation again. Real, not real, real, not real...

Well, if she were to assume it had all been real, then that meant that for the past two nights she'd been brought somewhere else when she fell asleep. And if she was once again to assume, that what the boys had told her was the truth, then she had actually been transported to a parallel dimension, where all that there was of that dimension was a big room filled with six young, rather cute - though their looks were of no importance to the situation at all and hence, you should really, really try to focus, Suhyun- guys which she had never once met before and who were horribly persistent in finding out how she got there, with the exception of the oldest-looking one who seemed like he wanted to kick her out of the room into the infinite shadows that may or may not engulf the whole dimension.

Right.

This, is why you get headaches, Suhyun. You try to take it all in and ultimately, it's just going to make your brain explode. Remember, you're not interested in splattering grey matter all over the bedroom walls and dirtying the room when you've only just gotten rid of the bedroom's mess a week ago.

And that...was a really weird way of viewing your confusion.

Ahh, you're talking to yourself again.

Groaning, Suhyun relaxed her body and fell backwards onto the bed. How many times had she already considered and reconsidered the situation? Couldn't she just accept...something? Garh, at least she'd learnt how to stop freaking out and made it back to her bedroom in one piece  ...after being suddenly engulfed by light and nearly screaming her lungs out, that is. Suhyun squeezed her eyes close. If the supernatural wants to claim me again, she thought to herself, let it. I just spent my whole night talking to six strangers in an even stranger place instead of sleeping. It's impossible to think straight like this...

-0-

Youngmin stared with wide eyes at the now empty spot on the floor. "Did she just-"

"Glow and disappear? Yeah. Whoa..." Kwangmin completed his twin's sentence, feeling just as astounded. He had had his own collection of weird experiences but seeing the girl - Seh Hyun? No...Su Hyun- just disappear with a bright burst of light made him feel like someone had just inserted him into a crazy science fiction movie without his knowledge.

"Okay then. Show's over. " Donghyun said as he smoothly lifted himself off the floor, "Conclusion? She's about as clueless as we are on this situation. No help." He shrugged, looking at them as if somewhat blaming them for what he considered a complete waste of time.

"But unlike us, she can actually get out of the place. And then come back. " Minwoo muttered, staring at where she had last sat. The youngest one was a bit disappointed that they hadn't managed to get any useful information about a possible escape from her but at least they knew for sure now that she could successfully get out and get back in again. That meant something...didn't it?

"So...what now? She seemed frustrated about the constant questioning and she had all right to. She doesn't know anything. " Hyunseong said, "Donghyun's right. She isn't much help. What do we do when she comes back the next night? Assuming she comes back, anyway. "

"Talk to her?" Kwangmin suggested, "I mean, we have new company now. There's hardly anything wrong with that."

"Tsk, bored of us already?" Jeongmin chuckled, "Dang, that hurts. My heart's dying. "

"Don't worry, we'll bury it alongside your sense of humour." Donghyun rolled his eyes, "6 guys, a big room, one young teenage girl, all by herself and absolutely vulnerable. What would others do in our place?" He gave them a sly grin.

"Hyung!" Youngmin shouted, glaring at him. The actual rage in his voice surprised the guys.

"Sheesh. What's all this about? " Donghyun raised an eyebrow, looking at the flustered Youngmin, "First you're all worried and stuff about where she went after she disappeared the first night, then now you're being all..protective. Is that it? Protective? And you don't even know her."

Kwangmin noticed that his brother looked a bit confused, as if he was trying to figure out why he had responded like that as well. In fact, he looked quite lost now. Kwangmin decided he might as well save his twin from the hard gaze the older guy was currently giving him."Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm anything but a sick ert. So...no. " Kwangmin spoke lightheartedly."If you want to attempt anything, just warn me first. I rather not have my eyes spontaneously combust... And I'm just hoping I won't need earplugs." He smiled as he said this and the guys swallowed the sick joke like a tiny pill. Donghyun laughed.

"To think I was convinced you were the most innocent among us, in terms of these things, anyway. " Hyunseong said.

"I still play with toys, don't I?" Kwangmin shrugged, "And it's not my fault that the people-" He paused as a horrible memory popped up in his mind, though he pushed it away immediately and continued, hoping that they wouldn't notice, "-I used to know had so little self-control."

"Fine. Anyway, it was just a joke. I couldn't be bothered about her, honestly." Donghyun said. With that, he walked away to his corner of the room.

Jeongmin shook his head, "I don't get what's his problem. Has he always been this annoying?"

Minwoo smiled, "You've been here longer than me, hyung. Figure that out yourself."

"Fine, then I say he has." Jeomgmin smirked. "Hey Kwangmin. Wanna play pokemon?"

Kwangmin looked at him with surprise, "I thought you said it was childish."

"Yeah, it totally is." He grinned. "But I'm bored."

"Well, don't start talking crap if I beat you at it then." Kwangmin said as he got up the floor and followed Jeongmin to get the cards.

"Ahh. I'll watch you guys play then. " Hyunseong got up as well. "It's hilarious to see how many arguments you can come up with to supposedly prove you won, Jeongmin."

Meanwhile, Youngmin was still sitting on the floor, with a slightly dazed look on his face. He couldn't quite grasp why he was feeling this way towards the stranger. It's just that...he thought...he felt like he didn't want her to get hurt. Just not another innocent girl...

"Youngmin, you okay?" Minwoo asked. His brother hadn't been the only one who noticed Youngmin's lost expression.

"Yeah. It's fine." He muttered, his eyes fixed on the floor. The image of her, with...with... no, he didn't want to think about it. He wanted it wiped clean off his mind...but how could that ever happen if his hands had been forever stained with all that...

"What's it about?" Minwoo asked, slightly concerned now.

The blonde twin bit his lip. "Don't you...ever feel guilty? Just...maybe just a bit? Or for just one of the things that..." Then Youngmin stopped abruptly. Minwoo understood enough to not make him continue.

"I just...try not think about it." Minwoo smiled weakly. He placed his hand on Youngmin's shoulder as a gesture of support and didn't say anything else. In all honesty, he too wished he could forget all of it... Donghyun had lied when he told the girl that this was simply a parallel dimension, confined to the space within the four walls. They all knew what the place really was supposed to be, along with why they'd found themselves in it, all the reasons they wished never existed...

-

Thank you for subscribing <3