Chapter 6

Lost in shadows

 

There was a sudden flash of light, immediately followed by a loud thud and an even louder "Damn it.".

Jeongmin looked up from his music sheets to find Su Hyun sitting on the floor in the middle of the room.

"Hi there." He grinned. She stared at him for awhile, wondering if he was mocking her, then decided to simply ignore him since he probably was. Taking in her surroundings, Su Hyun groaned and closed her eyes. Again? Yup, here again...Ah, well...

"Seems like you've taken a liking to this place." Jeongmin smirked. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, it's lovely, really...sent somewhere else to be trapped within four walls instead of falling asleep normally...best thing ever..." She rolled her eyes.

She guessed she'd sort of gotten past the point of freaking out about the whole situation, at least if her ability to make her usual sarcastic remakes meant anything. She figured she was starting to accept the weird situation too, even if she was far from actually wanting to. This was her third consecutive night here and she didn't really get what what was happening but...well, it's not like she could do much about it.

"Random question. Do you always wear white?" Kwangmin asked. He was sitting in a corner of the room, with what looked like pokemon cards in his hands... Wait, pokemon cards? Okay...

"What? I don't-" she immdiately looked down at her clothing, only to discover that what he said was, to her surprise, actually true. She had gone to sleep in an old t-shirt and pair of slacks. Somehow, all that had changed into a white...sack. She wasn't the fashion-conscious type and usually just wore whatever felt comfortable to her but she really had to admit that this white dress looked like a sack, save for a few holes cut in for the head and limbs.

"I didn't go to sleep in these..." She muttered, then turned to Kwangmin, "Are you saying I wore this the other two times as well?"

He nodded his head. "But don't worry about it. If you haven't noticed, we're all wearing gray. Maybe there's some unspoken dress code in this place."

"But wouldn't you know if there was?" She questioned, "I mean, you guys, like...live here, right?"

Kwangmin hesitated, "Er, yeah, just -"

"Our clothes used to be black but now they're gray. And we don't know anything about it. Just because we live here doesn't mean we understand everything about the place." Donghyun cut in, though he couldn't even be bothered to look at her as he spoke, eyes fixed on his book. Still as rude as ever, apparently.

Suhyun considered this, then shrugged, "Whatever you say, then. I'm not familiar with any...dimensions other than my own. I'm curious though. What do you guys do here?"

"Sit around, sleep, sit around, read, sit around, sit around...We don't do much, really. It's boring." Minwoo sighed, adding a pout at the end. She wasn't sure if he had done it on purpose but...she decided this guy could probably kill girls if he ever went into the whole aegyo thing. Minhee, for one, would have especially been affected by it. Or so she felt.

"Oh okay...hey, what about that?" Suhyun pointed at the music scores in Jeongmin's hand. "You guys have music here too?"

Jeongmin tried to keep a straight face as he nodded, though he was actually biting his lip in an attempt to stop himself from laughing. To think she actually believes we're that different, he thought. Surely not everybody accepts concepts like "parallel dimensions" this easily? Goodness, she'll be asking us if we have a hidden third eye next...

"Music? Yeah." He replied, "You play any instrument?"

She nodded. "Piano."

"Ahh, okay then." He snapped his fingers and a keyboard appeared in front of them. Su Hyun's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets. 

Youngmin, on the other hand, covered his face with his hands and shook his head, "Someone needs to send this guy to Broadway. At least they'll appreciate his theatrics..."

"Either that, or he'll try cutting himself in half only to realise he's not a magician." Hyunseong sighed.   

Su Hyun was still staring at the keyboard, trying to stop herself from freaking out. She felt that she'd been freaking out way too much lately, even if she had a relatively sound reason for it, what with everything being so bizarre...but she needed to stop it. She was the type to freak out over things very easily and Min Hee had already mentioned it countless times to her, adding that it wasn't very healthy. And if this was going to happen every night....Su Hyun took a deep breath. In... Out.

"That doesn't look like a piano to me. " She remarked, smiling weakly. "In fact, I was under the impression they were a lot bigger than that. And without buttons."

The boys laughed. Jeongmin looked surprised, then grinned as well. "Demanding sophistication, eh? Alas, my magic has its limits..." He bowed, and as he pretended to take off an invisible hat off his head, a real magician hat actually appeared in his hand, "But if you pay more, I might be able to find a bunny in this." He grinned, and Su Hyun found herself laughing as well. 

"Hyung, give me a dog!" Minwoo raised his hand.

"I want a cat!" Youngmin exclaimed, laughing.

Kwangmin was still sitting in the corner, swaying back and forth, unable to keep still. He held out his cards towards Jeongmin. "I want a pokemon." Hyunseong looked like he wanted to add on to it as well, though he couldn't stop himself from laughing long enough to say it.

"Don't be fooled by these guys," Donghyun stated, only slightly ruining the atmosphere, since Su Hyun noticed a tiny smile on his face as well, "They can't manifest anything living, nor anything bigger than that keyboard." 

"We sure wish we could, though." Jeongmin said, randomly playing what sounded like a G chord on his little "piano". 

Su Hyun frowned, "Manifest? As in... you guys can just create things?"

"Yup." Minwoo smiled. "Though what we can create is rather limited."

"How do you do it?" She asked, curious. 

Youngmin shrugged, "We kind of just think about it, will it to appear and...well, yeah. You don't even need to imagine every detail. As long as you've seen it before, have a memory of it, you can pull it out, I think. In this place, anyway." 

It sounds as if they've lived somewhere else before, other than this place, Su Hyun mused, though she didn't mention it out loud. Other than their names, the boys had revealed very little about themselves so far. She still remembered the previous night, when they'd spent the whole time asking her questions and avoiding all of hers. If she asked about it now, would they answer? No, she didn't think so. Either that, or Donghyun would just reply with one of those cold remarks again. Maybe they would tell her more about themselves if they got to know her better...Brushing away the question, she asked the one that she was, to be honest, a lot more interested in. 

"Do you think I could do it?" She asked.

The boys looked at each other. "You could try, I guess?" Hyunseong replied.

But before she even decided on what she object she wanted to manifest, the whole room burst into light. From the view of the guys, Su Hyun had started to glow.  

Dang, just when this was starting to get fun... Su Hyun thought, as she felt herself being brought back to her own world.

-0--

Ahh, it's been a bit of time since the last update. Just had 3 exams today T.T Thanks for subscribing and reading :) Comments will be nice too, haha. And greatly appreciated :) 

Also, I'm curious. Who's your bias in Boyfriend? (Perhaps you've been asked this a lot but...eheheh....humour me? Yay XD )