The end

All tied up

The police sirens stopped as they approached the vacant van. Jibeom wasn't allowed to leave the car which made his anxiety go through the roof. He understood it was dangerous since they were armed but he needed to make sure that Suri was okay. The two police men finally came back, empty handed and one of them picked up their transceiver to report that their location was clear of any activity. Jibeom let out a heavy sigh as the latter police officer told him that they found nothing in the van save for one knife, but knowing what they knew confirmed that the kidnappers were still very much armed. 

"We can't move into the forest without backup." He told the boy and it took everything in him to not scream. The longer they waited the further they would get and that would lessen the chance of getting Suri back home safely. Without thinking, Jibeom bolted out of the car, heading into the forest. His feet took control as he ran through the forest, the moon acting as his only source of light. One of the cops quickly ran out after him, while the other updated the other cops of what was unfolding. 

Soon enough, Jibeoms footsteps came to a halt as he heard a female voice whining. Suri. He hid behind a tree trying to make out the scene in front of him, eyes trying to adjust to the dark but he could barely make out anything. He finally saw two silhouettes not too far from him, walking away from his position, clearly acting like it was a stroll in the park instead of running away from police officers. He tried to approach them slowly, debating on whether or not cutting them off would be better than a sneak attack from the back. 

He finally opted to attack from the back, running towards and jumping on the silhouette on the right. His arms moving rapidly to er punch him in the jaw. The man fell immediately and made his partner turn to look at what happened. He dropped Suri in the process of trying to grab Jibeom and she landed on the ground with a loud thud. The two immediately started going at it, punches flying aimlessly in the dark. 

Suri winced as she regained her senses. Being dropped from that height definitely broke something, but she wasn't sure if it was her spirit or ribs. Quietly, she started moving to pick herself up, using a nearby tree as a crutch as her hands were still bound behind her back. A bolt of pain shot up her arm as she tried to get up and she realized it would be harder to get up than she thought. Finally, she sat up, fingers working to unbind her hands once again. She'd think that with the impact of the fall, if would loosen her binds a bit more, but that was not the case.If anything it felt like the binds had gotten tighter. 

Meanwhile Jibeom was struggling. He was backed up against a tree and in a last ditch effort, ran forward trying to pin the kidnapper to give him time to escape. Unfortunately, his plan back fired as the kidnapped grabbed him and roughly shoved him back against the tree. Jibeom winced as his back hit the tree and when he looked back at the male in front of him, realized that there was a knife pointed right at him. 

"You have caused enough trouble. I'm killing you and taking the girl." He growled at Jibeom before going for the attack. Jibeom shut his eyes but the blow never came. He started patting his body, making sure he was still alive and not a ghost. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw the cop handcuffing the male he had just trampled over. 

Heaving a sigh of relief, Jibeom started to look around for Suri, who was laid against a tree not too far from him. He quickly ran over to untie her, fingers stumbling from all the shaking due to his near death experience. The girl didn't even give him time to undo her gag as her hands were freed and quickly wrapped around his torso. She felt that if she let go just a bit she'd lose him all over again and that was the last thing she wanted. 

"I was so scared. I didn't think you'd find me. I didn't think i'd be alive the next time you saw me." She started rambling after the male had successfully untied the cloth that was gagging her. Once again tears were flowing from her eyes as she tried to speak. Her voice was shaky as she was trying to tell Jibeom how she felt, while all he could do was reassure her that he wasn't going anywhere.


The weeks following the incident were tough. Jibeom and Suri were sent to do mandatory therapy as both their parents and the school agreed that bottling up any emotions from this experience could hurt them in the future. They had curfews implemented, which because Jibeom couldn't sneak out to buy snacks at night anymore. Due to the stress from the incident, Joochan suggested that they took a break and they happily obliged, leaving the production to be replaced by some randoms who didn't get in the first time. Nothing was tying them down to the play anymore anyway. 

It was 2 minutes past 4pm on a Saturday evening. Suri stood in front a door. She knocked once, not wanting to seem desperate. She heard shuffling behind the door followed by the sound of locks being unlocked. Jibeom stood at the other side, surprised by the face he was greeted with, but he broke out into a smile almost immediately.

"We never made it official. So, Kim Jibeom. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"I thought you'd never ask."