Chapter Five

All tied up

Her head was pounding, her eyes were heavy and she felt like she couldn't move- except she really couldn't move. Once she finally managed to open her eyes, Suri realized that her hands were bound behind her. She quickly looked around, much to her the dismay of her head as it started pounding once again. Her and Jibeom were tied up, sat in the back seat of an old looking van being driven by who she could only assume were the men who abducted them. She didn't get a good look at them when they were being taken which was easy to imagine as she never took her eyes of the male who was sat beside her. 

He was still unconcious, his breathing light but he looked like he was in pain. There was an open scar on the side of his head which didn't look too deep thankfully, but it still worried Suri because she didn't know how hard he had been hit. Her thoughts were cut short when she heard the man in the passenger seat yell out at her, he had turned to face her while she was examining Jibeom's injuries.

"Oh you're finally awake. Don't make too much of a ruckus, we're nearly at the drop off location." He warned her, but his voice oozed with mockery. 

Drop off location? Where were they going? Wherever it was, she knew that nothing good was going to come out of waiting to find out. She glared at the male, making him scoff and turn back, looking at the road in front of him. When his attention was finally off her she started yanking softly at the ropes that kept her bound. 


It felt like forever when she finally managed to loop the rope out of it's knot, but it was all worth while as she realized Jibeom was starting to wake up beside her. He looked visibly confused when he came to, but didn't make so much of a peep when he finally realized where they were. He sat wide eyed, glancing at Suri and back at the drivers, and finally noticed that she had come out of her binds. 

Suri gave Jibeom one last look, signaling that she was going to pull the dumbest rescue mission ever before she grabbed the driver by the neck, making him jerk the steering wheel to the side and losing control of the car. Suri let go of his neck before the man in the passenger seat managed to grab her, but within the next few seconds they heard a bang as the car collided with a tree on the side of the road. 

Without hesitation, Suri unbuckled their seat belts and bolted across the car onto Jibeom's lap to open the car door. If it had been any other situation, Jibeom would be a blushing mess but he was too shocked to process anything that was going on. He watched as Suri opened the door and hopped out before turning to face him, hand reached out to take his when she realized that his hands were still bound behind him. 

She started looking around, knowing full well a pair of kidnappers would have a knife on them, and finding just that on the floor of the passengers side. The kidnappers must have seen better days as their limp bodies were held up by the air bags that launched as the car made impact with the tree. She quickly grabbed the small knife and ordered Jibeom to get out so she could free him of his binds. 

Unfortunately for her- and Jibeom, she was still shaking and accidentally gave him a few cuts as she was freeing him, earning winces and groans from the latter. When he was finally free, Jibeom grabbed Suri's hand and started running in the direction that they came from, in hopes that they would find a small village so they could make it back to civilization. 


It felt like they had been running for hours, through the small fields and glades of trees until they finally walked upon a stream. Not wasting another minute Jibeom grabbed Suri's hand and ran over to the edge of the water where they decided to set up camp while they gathered up their strength.  

"It feels so peaceful even if we're in this situation." Suri was the one to break the silence. The whole way through their journey, they had barely spoken a word to each other, only muttering directions once in a while to make sure they wouldn't wander too far from the road. The silence was heavy, but so was the mood. Neither of them knew what to say after what had just unfolded.

"I guess it's just the scenery. But I wish I could be here with you under different circumstances." Jibeom admitted shyly, not wanting to look up at her, scared of her reaction. It was the first time that the words he kept in his head came out of his mouth and it terrified him because he knew he wouldn't be able to stop telling her how much she meant to him if he tried to speak again. 

Suri cocked her head to the side, trying to take in what the male had just said to her. It was alarming that was a sure thing, but she never really tried to understand why Jibeom had always so much. She always thought they were rivals due to the fact that she was always doing better than him in school. She was always a mark or even half a mark above him and she thought it drove him crazy. Not wanting to rush to any conclusions, she looked at him once again, asking what he meant. 

The flood gates had opened.

He started describing the day he had first seen her, first day of high school. They were fresh in their new school uniforms, looking like literal babies amongst the senior students. When she first introduced herself to the class, her name kept ringing in his mind. Hwang Suri. Such a pretty name for ridiculously beautiful woman. He cherished the day he had first seen you, because he knew that he was too scared to even approach you. That's when the 2nd year of high school started.

"You were raving on and on about your friends and I got jealous I guess. It was "Bomin, Donghyun & I" doing all this cool stuff and I felt like I didn't know that part of your life. So I started doing what every boy in love does, tease the hell out of the person he loves so dearly." Jibeom continued his story, not giving Suri any time to in with a comment or remark, not like she had any as she was sitting, wide eyed with slightly opened from shock.

It took her a few more seconds to shake herself out of her state, the words that were coming out of Jibeom's mouth were muted. Nothing else mattered to her except one thing. Her eyes were focused on his lips. They were moving but she heard nothing. She slowly crawled towards him, the latter not noticing what was going on due to his rambling until she was right in front of him with her palm on his cheek. His lips stopped moving and the sound she had drowned out was replaced with complete silence. The next thing she knew, her lips were on his and the rest of the world disappeared.