Chapter Six

All tied up

Jibeom felt like he was floating above the clouds with no way to come down. His heart exploded with joy and he could have sworn he felt literally electricity running through him as her lips were on his. He was trying to keep the moment from never ending, but all the joy was out of his life when she pulled away, her ears visibly red and she refused to make eye contact with him. 

They sat in silence for a while, neither of them knowing what to say, what to do. Suri had never kissed a boy, unless you counted the cheeky little peck on the lips she had left for Donghyun in kindergarten during the school play. Her heart was racing. Regret started flooding through her mind. Why did she do that? For all she knew Jibeom could have just been pulling a practical joke on her again and she had just fallen right into another one of his nonsense plans. 

Suri stood up suddenly and Jibeom noticed the look on her face turn from embarrassment to anger. She looked annoyed, which was not what he wanted from the girl who literally just took his breath away. He wanted her to take his face back into her hands and repeat what she had done all over again. He wasn't ready to let go of her, but she looked terrifying annoyed and he didn't want to screw anything up, so he stood up and waited for her next move.

Waited. 

And waited.

"We should keep going." She finally broke the silence, not giving the male any time to reply. Instead, she stopped right past him, her foul mood not seeming to budge at all. 

Jibeom was beyond confused. She kissed him. Now she's mad? Stuck pondering for the moment, he didn't realize how far Suri had walked before he could only see her silhouette, prompting him to start running after her. It only took a short jog for him to finally keep up, but no matter how many times he tried, he could not get the words out of his mouth.

She on the other hand was still fuming, thinking she had fallen for his prank. But why pull a prank right now? After they had gotten kidnapped? Was the kidnapping a prank too? This was by far the worst thing anyone could have done to her and she was prepared to make him pay dearly for it. 


They walked in a forced silence for what seemed like hours, when Suri finally piped up and pointed into the distance. Jibeom looked up and noticed the outline of buildings in the distance. With the sun starting to set on them, they quickened their paced, still not saying a word to each other. Jibeom's brain was still blank and Suri was still raging over a fictional scenario. 

"Are you kids lost? There isn't a village for ages. Where did you two come from?"

The sun had set and the only light was coming from the porch of the property ahead where an old lady stood, trying to slip on some suitable shoes to approach the two. She hurried down the steps, making the pair worry about if she fell down and quickly rushed over to her. The lady tried to reassure them that she was fine but they insisted to help her down the steps. Finally she sat them down at a table next to a little pond and waited for them to explain what they were doing so far from civilization. They tried to explain their situation as delicately as possible, but still not wanting to spare any details so she would be able to help them. 

"Well, I don't think I can help you much except offer you a place to stay for the night. Come along i'll make you something to eat, you kids look starved!" The old lady, stood up and ushered the two inside, letting them use her bathroom to clean themselves up. Unfortunately, their clothes wouldn't be dry til the next day so they were stuck wearing the old ladies baggy clothes, much to Jibeom's dismay. 

"Retirement suits you." Suri joked as she spotted Jibeom walking into the small dining area. He rolled his eyes and took the seat across her.

"You don't look too bad yourself." He shot back at her, a little smile adorning his lips. 

Silence quickly fell upon them once again as the memories of the day rushed back to them. There were no words spoken about the kiss, and Suri was going to make sure words would never be spoken at all. But Jibeom was still at loss for words. He really wanted to talk to her, ask why she suddenly turned into a grumpy little mess after she'd sent him to heaven and back in the span of 10 seconds, but he couldn't.

At long last, Hyojin, as the old lady finally introduced herself as, strolled into the dining area with a few dishes and two bowls of rice. She set the tray down carefully before placing the dishes on the table with the help of the very hungry pair. They quickly thanked her for the food before digging in. A silent scene, once again.