Chapter Two

All tied up

He had never seen her this happy in the 4 years she'd been at school. Her very presence could light up a room within seconds of her arrival and she was shining more than usual. The flower he had loved so much was shining in the sunlight and he was enjoying every single second of it. He didn't realize how much of an impact his little deal had made. Did he really bother her that much? But in his defense she had never been this happy even before he started teasing her. He was quickly knocked out of his train of thought when he heard the impact from the slamming of books on the desk beside him, her desk. She had arrived a little later than usual - or maybe Jibeom had arrived earlier - he didn't notice because he had been too excited about the play. 


The previous day

The monday following the week their little deal was made, the drama club held auditions for the lead parts of the play. However, when they got to the auditorium, the president of the club informed them that they wouldn't be able to perform in the school and therefore it was made to become a movie, which didn't bother Suri too much, her goal was to get a role and gain her freedom. Jibeom on the other hand was a bit disappointed as his initial goal was to "woo" the girl in front of the whole school, making sure everyone knew that he was head over heels for Hwang Suri. 

"Hwang Suri, auditioning for the lead role of Detective Choi Yebin" The girl beamed as she planted herself center stage, the script in hand. Her smile didn't fade, but only grew as she spotted Jibeom glancing at his script before looking back at her. You're my motivation today Kim Jibeom. 

The president gave her the go signal and Suri started to pour her heart out to the small audience. Words flowed and echoed through the giant hall, bouncing around like true poetry to Jibeom's ears. He could have sworn he heard an angel as she recited the lines of the opening scene from the movie. Her body lit up with passion as she spoke, her voice firm and clear making the mic in front of her completely useless. 

Silence ensued as she finished reading from her script, the smile on her lips only growing as she looked hopefully upon the panel of "judges" in front of her. Jibeom sat there, wide eyed and star struck at what he had just witnessed. It couldn't be real, it had to be a joke. She was born to be a star. The male could only sit there for another second before he started clapping, earning confused stares from the rest of the audience and even the judging panel. They joined in reluctantly, obviously impressed by the girls performance, but confused as to why anyone would be clapping during an audition for a high school play. 

Suri took one last bow before walking off the stage and walking over to her seat. She had been the last audition of the day which annoyed her as she had to sit and watch the rest of her school mates perform before her giving her more anxiety than she needed. Fixing her hair out of her face she spotted the empty seat next to her rival and decided to sit next to him to celebrate the upcoming results. 

Jibeom just stared as he saw her walking his way, she shined never dulling. As if it ever would. But he was pulled out of his trance by her words, asking if she could take the seat next to him. He quickly muttered a quick approval and she sat down as the clubs president got on stage to make an announcement. 

"We saw a lot of wonderful performances, you guys truly blew us away and we'll have to take our time to find out who is best for what so please be patient as we will be announcing the roles tomorrow. They'll be posted on the bulletin. Have a good evening everyone!" He gave a final smile before walking off the stage and back to the panel of judges, who immediately started ruffling their papers, as if they had 2 seconds to announce the results instead of a day. Suri looked at the male beside her, the smile that stole Jibeom's heart still plastered on her face.

"So I guess i'll see you tomorrow then. Goodluck, all the best." She cheered while pumping her free hand into the air slightly. She stood up and slowly backed away from where she sat before she was completely gone, giving Jibeom no time to wish her the best of luck. 


"You've never looked this excited, not even when that popular boy group- what were they called? Infinite? Yea, you weren't as excited when they showed up, but here you are beaming away. Why?" The male asked. Suri had not come down from her high, she was floating. She was beaming. Jibeom knew it, the school knew it, hell even the strangers on their way to work, dead tired in their cars while Suri skipped all the way to school knew it. But why?

"How you could you be so clueless. The roles are being announced today. It's a great day because i'm one step closer to getting rid of you annoying me every second of the day." Her words were harsh, but her tone was so sweet Jibeom almost forgot that the whole reason of her audition was to get rid of him. Not if he won her over first though. He was determined. 

He heaved a sigh and looked back at the front of the class as their teacher walked in, her signature heels clicking onto the floor and echoing for the whole class to hear. Without another word, she began her class. 


"The disappearance of Lee Seoji, starring Kim Jibeom as Yoo Kibum, Hwang Suri as Choi Yebin & Young Nara as Lee seoji, coming this year to a theatre near you. This poster looks so legit." Jibeom read to the cluster of students around the drama club's bulletin. The roles had been announced during classes and the 2 students ran out of the classroom way too quickly when the lunch bell rang. 

"Let's do our best shall we?" Suri smiled at Jibeom, although he couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not when she held out her hand for him to shake. Leads in a play, nothing could go wrong. Right?