Friends

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun woke up feeling rather empty. Sure enough, Kina’s side of the bed was empty. He groans as he checked the dimly glowing digital clock showing 2 something in the morning. Why on earth was she still not in bed?

“Kina,” His voice was hoarse from sleep and he could barely keep his head up but he goes forward.

Rubbing his stomach, he stops and winces at the bright lights of the living room.

“Baby?”

“Uhhh… Over here,” Her timid guilty voice made him chuckle even in a sleep-deprived state. Squinting his eyes, he tried to look for her but was surprised to find it empty.

“Um… ground. Look at the floor…”

Blinking hard he saw her sitting on the floor, papers, and open books all around. Sehun groans. Assignments.

“Is the submission today?” He asks, kneeling and clearing the papers away so that he gets access to her thighs. Shoving all the things away rather haphazardly, he leans his head on her lap, closes his eyes, and sighs contently.

“Yeah…” She did not look a tad bit sleepy but Sehun knows the cans of Red Bulls there might be doing the trick.

“I’m not saying anything,” He grumbles and yawned making her giggle and comb through his hair with her fingers. He whines softly at that feeling all happy.

“You should go to sleep in the bed. I’ll be done soon.”

He shakes his head and curls up, hands hugging her folded knee ready to reconnect to the dream he was having before.

“Suit yourself then,” Kina says softly placing a chaste kiss on his cheeks. “I’ll be done soon.”

 

Friends

 

Kina had been absent for three days straight and it was making Baekhyun apprehensive. Kina had never been absent before so it must have been serious if she was been sick for so long. But she had insisted that she was not in the hospital or anything serious. So after class today he had rushed here.

He was waiting at the gate with a basket of fruits because he wouldn’t want to greet them with an empty hand.

He wiggles around for the fourth time to get rid of his nerves finding it funny. Why was he even nervous? Today was the weekend so it was the perfect time to visit.

Sighing and praying for the last time he rings the bell and faked some confidence into his system clearing his throat unnecessarily.

“Hello…” An extremely familiar voice calls out making him frown. “Who is this?”

“Kyungsoo?”

“Oh! You know me? Who…?”

“It’s me Baekhyun…” He frowns feeling a little disappointed. Of course, everyone else will come to visit her if she is absent for three days. “Came over to see Kina.”

But why did they not tell him about it? He had been having lunch with them all these while…

“Ahh…” Kyungsoo says dragging his expression unnecessarily long. “Come in then.” He simply says and cuts the call.

There’s a small click making Baekhyun open the gate to walk inside.

“Whoaa…” He lets out a breath at how beautiful the place was. It had an abundance of beautifully cut hedges and tropical green plants. “Why is this place already so much like Kina?”

All her friends were over with a pale Kina reclined on the couch with a blanket over her in the center of them all. Soomi was all over the house clicking some selfies while Kyungsoo and Jimin raided the fridge in the kitchen and the couple was fighting somewhere in the background.

Kina was watching all of them with a tired smile while talking to someone over the phone.

“I am alright…” She was saying looking at Jimin who had come out chomping on a piece of sausage before her eyes flitted over to him and she smiles looking surprised.

“Baekhyun?”

“Hey…” He greets her softly feeling vulnerable. He missed her a lot.

“I’ll call you back in some time, hmm?” She tells however she was talking too and turns it off.

“You bought me fruits?” She looked playfully suspicious as she squinted at him and the basket of fruits.

“Eat them. I poisoned it.”

“How sweet of you.”

“I know…” He settled down next to her on the couch making sure to sit as close to her, glad and hungry for her presence. She, though moved away a little as though giving him more space.

Shrugging a little disappointedly he turned to her. “I can’t believe even you could become sick.”

“I thought so too…” She says tittering, “Apparently I am not immune to human diseases.”

“Tell me why on earth you are sick?”

She giggles a little at that as though she had a mischievous story to share. “You have to promise me you won’t tell anyone or laugh at me first.”

She was looking at him as though waiting for him to promise. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows and chuckles at her serious expression.

“Is it another super-secret that only I know about?”

“Yeah…” She smiled like a little kid. “So promise?”

“Sure.”

“I fell sick because…” She says leaning closer to him making him automatically lean closer to her, “I played in the rain.”

“Seriously? That’s the reason?” Baekhyun slaps his forehead and gave her an appalled look. What was he expecting anyway?

“You can’t let anyone know… they will have my head.” She says looking satisfied as though playing in the rain was worth all the sickness. Perhaps it was for her.

He laughs at her softly, feeling warm that she would only share this with him. She had this habit of hers when she would come over suddenly and spill the silliest secrets with him. Maybe she trusted him more than her friends? Because he was sure she did not tell her other friends all that she tells him.

 “BAEKIE!” Soomi suddenly screams and comes bounding at him with a strange twinkle in her eyes. Baekhyun inwardly grumbled at the disturbance. Give me a break! It has been three days since I saw my wifey. “YOU GOT TO LIKE SING US A SONG!”

This seems to have caught everyone’s attention because there is suddenly a pin-drop silence in the house. He turns to look at Kina who was watching him eagerly with a small smile on her face.

“What? Why all of a sudden?” He looks back at Soomi who was already searching for a song on her phone.

“Kyungieee please turn on the Screen,” She coos at the male who moves obediently to turn on the giant television in there.

“Aish! This girl never listens I swear,” Baekhyun argues seriously feeling nervous.

“It’s for Kina!” The pink-haired girl jumps a little. “Like you know, the last time she ran away before your performance so I am like making you sing so that she knows what she missed out.”

Kina laughed softly at that shaking her head like she couldn’t believe Soomi. Baekhyun wondered with a sudden panic how Kina thinks of his singing. He loved singing but has she ever heard him sing yet?

“Thank you Kyu

Please log in to read the full chapter