Chapter 4: Difficult To Believe

The Name I Love

I sat giddily on the bed. 1.5 Million Won! FREAKING 1.5 MILLION WON!

My breathing was short and quick. The largest sum I had ever collected was about 8000 Won…but 1.5 Million Won! Now that put me on a different level.

 

The sound of door closing snapped me back to reality. I looked up and saw Taeyeon leaning on the door. There was something strange about her…something about her face, especially her eyes. Her eyes looked like they were focused but at the same time they looked lost. She was breathing slowly and a smile played on her face.

 

“Kim Taeyeon…!”

Nothing.

 “YAH! Kim Taeyeon....TAEYEON!”

She jolted in surprise and looked at me; “Oh…Hae Lin-ah, when did you come in?’

“I’ve been here way before you came in. “what’s wrong with you?’

“Hae Lin…” she ran to me and plopped onto my bed. “Hae Lin-ah I want to run away, I don’t want to do this anymore…”

I looked at her, and for the first in the five years I had known her I realized, that she, too, was a girl and had a heart.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, do you know what you are saying? You are not making sense…”

“I know…isn’t it brilliant?” she said, her eyes actually twinkling.

 I looked at her, clearly amused.

“Kim Hae Lin…run away with me. There is so much more to see in this world, this isn’t everything. We’ll go check out the world…come with me”

“Taeyeon...what happened? Are you ok?”

“…I think I’m in love…”

I stared at her for about a whole two minutes; “Wait…I think I need to clean my ears…I didn’t hear you properly, because I think I just heard you say that your in-“

“-in love! Yes I’m in love…”

“With what?”

“You mean with whom…”

“Do not tell me that you think you are in love with the guy you just met.”

“It’s a possibility…” She said, twirling the ends of her hair with her fingers.

“I hope you do know that he’s just paid you for-“
”It was not like that…not that his time. I liked it this time…there was something different about him.”

“Do you even know his name?”

“Kangin…”

“Taeyeon…this is not love. I will bet you anything that you won’t remember him by next week, and besides for all you know, he probably has a girlfriend. Or even a wife…you should know that by now…”

 

She looked away, and punched my pillow in frustration. “Why is it so difficult?” she asked, her head hanging low. “Why is it so difficult to believe that we might also fall in love?”

To my surprise, I saw a teardrop fall on my pillow and for the first time, again, in five years, I pulled her in for a hug. She was shaking, sobbing silently and I could feel my shirt turning moist.

“It’s difficult…really difficult. I don’t know why, but sometimes its better we have no attachment what so ever. They it will be easy for us to let go and move on.”

She sniffed and pulled back, her cheeks were tear stained, lucky  for her, her make up was water proof or she would have been a wreck by now.

She looked at me, wiped her tears and managed a weak smile as if to say; thank you.

“How was yours tonight? I heard he paid you about 1.5M, I didn’t know you were that good.”

I smiled at the thought of Park Yoochun.

“Well, he told me he was in a good mood and he had enough money.”

She nodded; “Anyway, I’m going now…”

“Where? Our shift is done…” I said, glancing at my watch.

“I will be up on the terrace if you need me…I think I need the fresh air.”

 

She closed door shut behind her, I stared at the closed door after she left.

Why was it so difficult to believe that we too could fall in love?

 

A/N: Hi All…

 Fourth chapter’s out! Hope you all enjoy it! Sorry if it is kind of short!

Till the next update…

Cheers ^__^

Park_Meow18