Chapter 3 : Slowly Scoring

The Name I Love

I stared at his outstretched hand; “Is he joking?’

I looked at him in the eye; “Listen buddy, this is not speed dating. Your highly mistaken, this place is for-“

“I know what’s it’s for?”

“Then what’s with the formal handshake?”

“Are all the rooms this big? Or am I being specially treated?”

“What? Listen, you are wasting your money and my time. If we could just finish with it-“

“Are there any other good songs? This one is making me sleepy.” He walked over to the player and started fiddling with the disc cover.

‘What was with this guy?’

“Hellooo…you are here for a reason. Can we just get on with it?”

“How old are you?”

“What’s that got to do with you?”

“You don’t look legal.”

“Well, I’m sorry to pop your bubble, but I am”

“Do your parents know what you do?”

“I don’t have any…look could you just me and get out from here. We charge you by the minute.” I lied, the amount the customer paid  was completely up to him. Of course we had a cut off amount.

“That’s fine…” he said walking over to the bed and started bouncing on it. “I have enough money.”

I stared at him bouncing on the bed; “This is fun…” he said, still bouncing. “You should try it.”

“I’m fine here, thanks.” I leaned against the wall watching him bounce on the bed, he was looking around the room and then his gaze met mine, he smiled.

I looked at him and figured he was really good looking, he had nice fluffy hair, his fringes came up to his eyes, he had perfect bow shaped lips. But what attracted me the most was his name – Park Yoochun.

It really was not a common name, it sounded like it suited him. I usually don’t remember the names of the men that visit me, but I had a feeling I would remember him.

“So…” he said, breaking the silence. “What is it that you exactly do?”

“Um…uh…well…I…uh…”

“Oh right! I’m sorry I meant…what do you do when you are not working?”

“Nothing much…mostly sleeping and eating but mostly sleeping.”

“So…exactly why are you into this?”

“As in…”

“Girls who get into this usually have a motive; you know like money, education, forcibly put in, revenge-|

“Revenge?”

“You never know…a girl might want to every man to death?”

I stifled my laughter. Cute and funny…he was slowly scoring.

“Well…I’m here because I want to be here.” I shrugged and slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

“When I was about seventeen, I found out my parents were cheating on each other and both of them had a family of their own. So I ran away from home and then I met Heechul…you know Heechul? Then I realized if I take this up as a job, I am not attached to anyone, I get shelter, food, money what else would I want?”

“Didn’t you parents report you missing?” he asked.

“I don’t think they noticed me missing…”

“Oh! I’m so sorry.”

“Hey man! It’s not like I have a heart to heart talk with all my customers you know?” he nodded and looked away, though I continued to stare at him.

He had slight biceps, very slight, like he had just started working out maybe.

He wore a plain white shirt with blue jeans. The one man who I would not mind, just sat there bouncing on the bed.

 

“Anyway…” he broke the silence again, taking a glance at his wrist watch. “I better be going now…it’s already past an hour.”

He walked past me to get to the door and slowly opened it,

“Kim Hae Lin…” I called out after him.

“What?” he asked turning around.

“It’s Hae Lin…Kim Hae Lin.”

He smiled at him; “Hae Lin…that’s a nice name. I will remember you.” He waved and walked out of the room.

He had not paid me, and I didn’t want to ask him for money…it was not like he asked anything for me, in fact he had not touched me in any way, but in a weird way, I couldn’t describe in words, he had.

I sighed out loud and walked out of the room.

 

“Well...well Kim Hae Lin…” Heechul smiled at me, genuinely. Wow! He PMS-ed worse then a girl.  “I’m so proud of you.” He pulled my cheeks and cupped them with his hands.

“Proud of me? Why? What did I do?”

“You must have really given that man something…”

I racked my brains hard, I really did. But honestly, I didn’t remember giving him anything but weird looks.

“He’s paid about 1.5 Million Won for you….”