Chapter One : My Only Reality That Makes Me Smile

The Name I Love

I sighed loudly as I stood under the shower. Closing my eyes, I could feel the water droplets me clean, washing away the dirt. I slowly spun around, letting the gush of water hit my sore back. I chuckled, I was so used to the pain, it didn’t make a difference now.

Wrapping my body in a towel, I stepped out, into the air conditioned room, shivering slightly I walked deeper into the room.

“I was wondering where you went…” he said buttoning up his pants and reaching for his shirt.

“You thought I ran away?”

“No, I heard you in the bathroom…”

“Fair enough.”

“Anyway, I’m going now, I have a wife to attend to. But I will be back next week; you better keep your self free.”

“I’ll check my schedule…” I said plopping onto the bed lifelessly.

I could feel his eyes traveling all over my body, my slight exposure of thighs, my cleavage peeking through the towel, my wet hair were reasons enough for him to get again.

He tore his gaze away and put on his tie and took out his wallet; “Pay time…” he mumbled, taking out bills of thousands and shoving them onto my hand.

“And this is especially for you…” he said as he flipped a five dollar bill on my face.

“What’s this for?”

“For this…” he caught me by my wrist, pulling me up, he crashed our lips together in a kiss.

“Call me sometimes…” He said, stuffing his business card in between my cleavage. “am I not regular enough for you? And besides you know you had fun too…”

I watched him walk away as I pulled out the card, I spared the name a glance before flipping it into the fire.

“Choi Siwon…”

 

I walked into my room and rolled on to my bed, I felt so lazy I didn’t want to move  I yawned, and decided to get a shut eye, when I heard the door to my room open. It was my annoying room-mate.

“So how was he?” I heard her bark at me. Obviously she was jealous I had bagged a comparatively younger man.

“The usual…” I said. “ and bastard like…what about yours?”

I heard the bed beside mine creak. “He was old and erted”

I turned around to face her, Kim Taeyeon.

 She was pretty, really pretty. But at times she would be so annoying that I would want to stamp her.

“What was his name?”

“Some Park Jungsu…wanted me to call him Eetuek. Ew.”

I smiled as she laid down on her bed, settling on my bed I felt my phone vibrate under my pillow. It was Sunny – My only reality that made me smile.

 

“Hi…”

“Kim Hae Lin…why have you not been answering my calls? I have been trying to call you for the past two hours now.”

“I’m sorry Sunny! It’s been a busy day. You know how it is….Financial banking is a tough job.”

Yes, I had lied, lied to my only best friend, lied to one person who I cared about. But she would die if she knew.

“I guess I will have to understand and compromise. So when are you coming over to visit me?”

“I can’t promise you anything…maybe next month, maybe after three months. I don’t know.”

“Fine…Fine…I’ll wait as usual…I know I am disturbing you, so go work!”

I flipped the phone shut and looked out of the window at the busy streets of Seoul city.

“Why don’t you just tell her?” Taeyeon asked me, staring at the ceiling.

“I don’t want too…and besides she is better off without knowing.”

 

I looked at the time, it was ten. Another two hours of rest and it was my shift again till dawn. I rolled on my bed again hoping to get some sleep.