Resplendent

Chasing Lights (EXO Fan Fiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months have passed. She needs to spend more time now in Genesis for the concert on November where she wants one of their new idol groups and a band to debut. She has to closely monitor their trainings and performances. Working at Genesis may be heaven, but as always, it comes with a price. Everyone goes through rigorous trainings with the best of the best every work-day. Trainees and artists are nourished well, given enough rest, granted all the perks and benefits they could only dream of before and offered only the best projects, but they always have to perform their best lest they be eliminated within a week's time or their contracts not renewed after two years. Even the most popular artists aren't cut slack when training and practicing. They always get the longer end of the stick in the industry, but everyone is expected to be on top form when performing and doing the job. Attitude and work-ethic issues are a no-no. The company has always upheld the work and life balance but it never tolerated displays of superiority or complacency. That's how they built their reputation. 

 

Though no one except the President and Board of Directors has seen her, every single person in the building knows that the boss sees everything and decides accordingly. Senchuan made sure to publicize that. It keeps everyone on their toes, but also drives impeccable performance.

 

EXO has been with them 7 months now and they've already topped the worldwide charts and platforms again with their comeback album "Meteor". They've sold more than 6 million copies and counting and is now preparing for their first concert after everyone came back from the military. Once again, they have dominated the kpop scene and the world. People thought they would not be able to rise to their previous popularity but became positive about it when the group decided to sign the contract with them. Their previous agency filed a legal suit for the use of the name EXO but lost to Genesis. She would definitely not let EXO lose the name. It wasn't only a condition in the contract that she agreed on but a silent promise she made to herself and all the members. EXO will always be EXO.

 

She was having that stream of thought when she started strumming the guitar to one of her favorite songs. Resting and singing on the rooftop is her way of clearing her mind after all the business of the day.

 

"Love you every minute, every second

Love you everywhere and any moment

Always and forever I know I can't quit you

Coz baby you're the one, I don't know how

I love you til the last of snow disappears

Love you til a rainy day becomes clear

Never knew a love like this, now I can't let go

I'm in love with you, and now you know..."

 

"Daebak-ida.", was all that could come out of the man's mouth. His shadow was an arm's length away from the door. He stood really tall with his left hands above his head and the other one inside the pocket of his oversized coat. He looked like he just came from a photoshoot.

 

The other man caught her eye. He was standing behind the taller one but she became acutely aware of him first. 

 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter