Chapter 8

A Little More Complicated

 

Changmin arrives at the edge of the runway and makes a pose for the cameras. He shifts his body to the other side of the audience and strikes a pose again. He gives the audience (and the cameras) his famous smirk.

He looks stunning in his white leather suit with black and grey accents along the collar and sleeves. Little did he know that he is wearing Sooyoung’s design.

***

Of course. I always bring attention. Why wouldn’t I? I’m Shim Changmin for crying out loud! Hey! That designer just winked at me for sure. She’s just too…. Old. Okay, to the other side? More screaming girls. Tssss…

***

Changmin turns his black heels and starts walking with the same attitude. He walks more slowly though, thinking that the model who is next in line might need more time to breathe.

He arrives at the opening of the runway and sees Sooyoung who’s standing hard as a rock. He pauses beside the girl and unconsciously pats her on the head before walking further in the busy dressing room. Changmin stops again when Sooyoung grabs his wrist.

“Watch me…”

***

“The next design will be your finest right?” Han Geng whispers to Jessica. They both are in the front row. Jessica nods. “Where is Sooyoung?” Han Geng looks over to the crowded hall.

Jessica hesitates to answer but she continues, “Oppa… No matter what, keep this fashion show a secret from Ahjusshi… Neh?”

Han Geng could only give Jessica a confusing look. But the latter still agrees and to this, he nods at the younger girl.

Jessica settles her self comfortably on her seat. She has the feeling that she should go to where Sooyoung is right now, but she just can’t risk Han Geng finding it out sooner. She decides to have faith on the younger girl. She crosses her legs formally and waits for Sooyoung to come out.

***

***

Okay! This is it! Walk Sooyoung! Walk!

***

Sooyoung walks like a boss to the rear end of the runway. She stays calm and absorbs the surrounding. Flashes from cameras blind her but she tries to keep easy. One thing she hates the most is embarrassment and this event is something she doesn’t want to embarrass herself in.

She breathes in between her steps and tries to gain composure while doing so.

The dress Jessica designed is amazing. The front of it is cut above her knee while the back portion of it touched the ground. She looks like a modern goddess as she walks steadily to the runway.

Sooyoung stops easily at the end of the runway.

The looks on the critics are of course clueless on who the new girl is. Sooyoung sees them whisper to each other and stares at her. She gives them a shy smile.

She spots Jessica and gains a bit of courage. But her courage seems to be eaten by the big lump in when she recognizes the man beside Jessica.

***

This is actually easy! I just have to think about nice thoughts. Don’t look straight in the audience and just fake a smile.

Okay! I just have to display Sica’s dress for a little while and pose before I go back.

***

Han Geng looks at the familiar girl and nudges Jessica. “Sica…”

“Oppa… Please don’t tell Sooyoung’s father.”

***

Sooyoung finally decides to step back and return back. She turns her heels as surely as possible but unluckily looses her balance. Sooyoung falls down and stays on her knees.

Sooyoung doesn’t move an inch. She’s frozen cold. The camera’s flashed their shutters and blinds Sooyoung with the light.

People from the audience stand up to see the falling model.

“Sooyoung!” Jessica and Han Geng shout simultaneously. Han Geng rushes over to the stage. He makes his way through the crowding media men. He attempts to push the media over to go where Sooyoung is.

“Sooyoung!” he shouts again but Sooyoung doesn’t answer.

By the time Han Geng is completely on the stage, Sooyoung isn’t lying anymore. Nor she was on her knees. She is completely being carried by the same guy who saw her bleed.

 

***

***

This is bad! This is bad! Oh no! This is bad! What’s happening!?

 I can’t feel my legs! I can’t feel anything! Oh no! This is not happening!

***

Sooyoung – half-awake – feels herself being carried by someone. And to this, she tries to see who it is.

Changmin…

For the first time she feels thankful for the guy. She closes her eyes and relaxes herself in his protective arms. Regardless of the fact that she has just been humiliated in front of not only the whole school but also one of the best designers she look up to, she embraces Changmin’s help and stays quiet.

Completely oblivious to what is happening around her. Although a little bit nauseous, she heard Changmin talk.

“She didn’t resist… So I’ll be the one to carry her this time…”

 

 

------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Please comment on this chapter! Hahaha.... I think it's too short though. Anyways, I really really did my best in this chapter! Please love it and support it! Thank you for the subscribers! Readers! Commentors! Thank you thank you! Hugs!

Oh yeah~ Have you seen the PV for SNSD's Time Machine? Sooyoung is so pretty there! XD hahahahaha

Thank you once again for reading and supporting this fic! Kamsahamnida!! ^^

Love, yuiko :*