Chapter 18

A Little More Complicated

 

“Minho hasn’t arrived yet right Appa?” Sooyoung enters through the garage door bringing in some plastic bags from groceries.

Mr. Choi nods. “Where are you going?”

“Kitchen… I’ll prepare something for Minho… it’s been a very long while since he last came home.” Sooyoung smiles and proceeds to the kitchen.

“Try not to blow up the kitchen okay Sooyoung?”

***

***

“Min… We’ve been friends for three years, but you’ve never introduced me to your sister yet. Why?” Changmin hangs his arm around his companion.

“Trust me. My sister isn’t that interesting.” Choi Minho grips unto the steering wheel in the middle of the street. “Anyways, let’s drop by the house. I miss my gold fishes.”

“Your house? So your sister is there for sure right?”

“Nah, a friend just came back from France. I don’t think she’s home already.” Minho doesn’t leave his attention on the road. “Hey, but wait, I thought you have some girl now, why are you so interested with my sister?”

“Mmmhhh… I guess I just want to meet my three-year friend’s older sister” Changmin smiles and sits back erectly.

“Okay then. After today you have to introduce her to me next…”

Changmin nods and looks out the window.

***

***

“It’s done!” Sooyoung stares at her freshly baked cupcakes and her bulgogi. She places her finished dishes on top of their dining table and sits intently observing the food.

Minutes later, Mr. Choi shows up with a young man about the same age as Sooyoung. “What. Is. That?” Mr. Choi asks his 21-year old daughter.

Without looking up Sooyoung answers her father, “Cupcakes?”

“I see the cupcakes Sooyoung but I can’t figure out the other dish.”

Sooyoung then looks up to see the smirking face of her brother Choi Minho under her father’s arms. “Yo”

“Min!” Sooyoung jolts up and hugs Minho immediately to which the latter returned as well. Sooyoung breaks their hugs with excited eyes and drags Minho to the table. “I baked cupcakes! Here eat some!” she hands a cupcake to him and watches him as he eats.

“Sis… You’re acting weird today…”

Mr. Choi places a palm on his son’s shoulder, “She just misses you. I mean, it’s been a year she hadn’t met you.”

“Sis!” Minho jolts up after taking a bite.

“Yes? It’s yummy isn’t it?” Sooyoung claps her hand in delight.

“You’ve improved baking! This is fantastic!” Minho takes another bite.

Sooyoung stands up proudly and declares victory. “I am you’re hardworking sister after all!” She grabs Minho and pulls him to the aquarium located in the middle of their living room.

“Hey! They’re still alive!” Minho gives Sooyoung a very surprised look. A little too surprised.

Sooyoung gives Minho a smack on his head. “What are you implying now Choi Minho!”

Minho grins from ear to ear and hugs his sister while finishing off his cupcake. “I missed you too sis!”

***

***

Goodness. What in the world is taking Choi Minho doing in there! I’m dying out here! And he didn’t even invite me to enter his abode! Call me rude but Choi Minho is definitely ruder!

Aish!

Choi Minhooooooo!!!!

***

Changmin sits perplexed at the passenger seat looking at his watch. “It’s been five minutes already! What is he doing there?” Changmin grabs his back at the back of the car and gets his phone. He stares at his wallpaper and smiles by himself… like a total maniac.

“Why are you so pretty? Huh…” he grins.

Changmin shifts his attention from the phone to the front gate of his friend’s house. “I guess he’s not yet coming out. Good thing I have you…” he giggles and squeezes his phone in happiness.

Little did he know that Sooyoung was overlooking out for Minho’s ‘friend’ outside their balcony upon Minho’s request.

***

***

That’s Minho’s friend? What in the world is he doing? Is he laughing by himself? Weird~ he’s like hugging and kissing his phone! What in the…

Hey, his back view looks kind of like… Mmh… who was that again? I’m sure I’ve seen that kind of back view before. Where? Mmmhhh… I’m really sure he has the same back as… MAX CHANGMIN!

Oh I see… Huh? so… Man! Now he’s jumping up and down! That guy is totally a freak.

***

“Sis!” Minho calls out from the living room and Sooyoung gladly answers him leaving a disgusting look to Minho’s friend.

“What is it Min?”

“Did you see my friend outside? Is he still alive?” Minho says as he looks up from his aquarium.

“Yeah… Who is that anyway? He’s a total freak show. He was hugging and kissing his phone and then he was jumping like a three year old boy.” Sooyoung answers with a weird face.

Minho just laughs and returns his attention to the fishes inside the aquarium.

“Aren’t you going to let him in? Call him weird but you’re being rude.” Sooyoung picks up her dog and brushes its hair. “I’ll go to my bedroom first.”

“Ah! Sis!” Minho’s call made Sooyoung stop in the middle of the stair case and look back. “You made bulgogi right? I’ll take some with me.”

“That! I don’t think you can… I don’t trust the outcome of my bulgogi…”

“Yeah… take her advice Min, this looks like it was taken from the pond.” Mr. Choi says out loud as he observes the dish his daughter made.

“Appa! You’re too much…” Sooyoung pouts. “Ah, Min! Where are you going anyway? Aren’t you going to stay overnight? Being a model is very tiring you know… you should at least take some rest…”

“Maybe tomorrow. I’m hanging out with some friends tonight. I’ll text you later sis.” Minho leaves immediately.

“Yah! Hey!” Mr. Choi calls out. “Is your sister the only one you should be saying goodbye to in this house! Aish! This kid! Leaving without even saying goodbye to his father…”

***

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! So tired today!

Minho is growing everyday isn’t he? He’s such a hard-working model… Huh… So proud of my little brother!

Wait… If Choi Minho is a model then he might be able to know Max Changmin right? I heard Max is a famous model as well… Wait… What am I talking about? So what if they know each other? Tsch… Like I care…

.

.

.

.

.

SO THAT GUY ‘WAS’ MAX CHANGMIN!!!

***

***

“So is sister home?” Changmin asks Minho mischievously while staring at his phone.

“Yeah… She was…”

“What?!” Changmin cries. “Your beloved sister is home and yet you didn’t even call me or let me enter! So much for a three-year of friendship…” Changmin pouts and focuses his attention to his phone.

Minho smiles to himself as he stirs the wheel. “Hey, what were you doing outside earlier? My sister told me you were hugging and kissing your phone…”

“Yeah.” Changmin nods.

“Why in the world were you doing that?” Minho asks without taking his eyes off the busy road.

“I was staring at my girl…” Changmin shows his phone to Minho and pokes his arm. “Here take a look.”

Minho shrugs and ignores the neon light coming from Changmin’s open phone.

“Yah! Look! Look! She’s pretty right?”

“I didn’t see it.”

“Yah!” Changmin screams.

Minho pulls into a parking lot and gets off the car leaving Changmin.

“Yah! Wait for me!”Changmin follows Minho and enters the bar.

 In the middle of the busy people sat three outstanding people; two guys and one girl. One of the boys had a brunette and curly hair and had the most innocent smile. His face was white and cream-like. The other guy was more of a girl-looking guy. His long and straight and shiny hair would definitely mistake him for a girl.

The girl on the other hand was goddess-like. Her plump lips and her mysterious glaring eyes were beautiful. She had a very long and straight hair laid completely on her back.

“Min! Max!” The brunette haired guy calls out for them.

The girl and the other guy waves at their direction and both Minho and Changmin walks toward them.

“Hey guys!” Minho gives the guys a high-five and the girl a kiss on the cheek.

“Yo.” Changmin waves at them and gives the girl a kiss on her cheek as well.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Dear Readers!

Here is my second update of the day! Thanks for reading! Please enjoy and wait for the next chapters!!! Thank you guys so much! Love you!

Love, yuiko :*