Birthday

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yoona... " Seohyun called out her girlfriend's attention when she realized there's a blood dripping from her nose. She pointed at her noise. "Here." and quickly handed a tissue.

 

Yoona got it instinctively and wiped away the blood before anyone from her family can see it. "Thanks." She mouthed her in gratefulness.

 

"No problem." Seohyun whispers flashing a warm smile.

 

"Hyun, can you take us a picture?" Tiffany suddenly ask a favor, handing her phone to the mentioned girl.

 

"Sure Unnie." Seohyun took it and immediately everyone in the backseat take a pose, smiling so wide and wait for her to capture them. 'Kyeopta.' She thought, loving the sight of Woojin in the center with the Ims. He looks like he just found a new family with them. "Say Cheese."

 

"Cheese!"

 

Click.

 

"One more time." She instructed and everyone change their poses but still pulling a great smile.

 

Click.

 

"Perfect!" She announced, handing the phone to Tiffany right away and they check on their photos.

 

"Yah, Woojin-ah! Aren't you going to thank your Seohyun Noona?" Yoona asks loudly as she glanced to them at the back seat.

 

"Thank you, Noona." A big and cute smile plastered in the little boy's face immediately.

 

"You're welcome, Woojin." Seohyun replied with a sweet smile. She shifted her eyes to Yoona and the latter smiled to her too.

 

-

 

It's a three booked rooms and Grandma Im chooses to stay alone, telling everyone that she snores a lot. She doesn't need anyone to join her. Mrs. Im, Woojin and Tiffany are in one room while the couple doesn't have a choice but to take the last room after Mrs. Im insisted to take Woojin with them and push them to the last room.

 

"I'm really thinking they're just hiding it Omma." Tiffany share's her thoughts while she's unpacking her stuffs.

 

"You noticed it too?" Mrs. Im smiled brightly when she heard it from her eldest daughter.

 

"Who wouldn't?" Tiffany shrugs her shoulders. "The way they look at each other while we are on the car. Their smiles, their gestures, it was obvious they're in love. Seohyun must have confessed already." she giggles in the process.

 

"Seohyun told you she liked our Yoona?"

 

Tiffany shook her head. "She didn't but she was too obvious. She doesn't know how to hide it."

 

"I think that's because she really missed Yoona a lot." Mrs. Im replied thinking it was more than just a friend since she saw her looking at her daughter the first time.

 

"They were friends since High School Omma. So I ask around Yoona's friends back then and one of them, Sunny, confirmed Yoona has a crush on Seohyun. Sadly when she confessed Seohyun friend-zoned her." Tiffany continued to share what she learned.

 

"Really?" Mrs. Im pause and recall the past. "Wait, high school..." She ends up with her youngest, getting home, totally wet from the rain and when she tried to give her the towel, she was ignored. Yoona didn't even let her in, in her room. It was silence that she thought it was just nothing. "Now that make sense."

 

"When she returned home and did not even eat dinner. It was that time she was totally heartbroken."

 

"Poor my baby." Mrs. Im sighs. However, her eyes lit up immediately. "I'm glad Seohyun has realized her feelings."

 

"But took years?"

 

"Well, if you really bound to love someone, why not? It's just a matter of time. They're fated, Tiffany."

 

Tiffany was surprised to hear it from her mother. "You thought so?"

 

"Of course. Look at me and your father, we didn't really dated in our high school but we know each other since then. We have crossed path again later and that's when we fell for someone." Mrs. Im shares her love story with a sweet smile on her face. "There's no too late for love, Tiffany. It will happen without you knowing it."

 

Nodding, Tiffany is convinced true love does exists.

 

"Noona, can I play with Seohyun Noona? Or Grandma?" Woojin suddenly butted to their conversation.

 

"NO!" Both women responded with an exclamation. Woojin instantly dropped on the floor and cries.

 

Meanwhile, on the next room, Grandma Im is enjoying her alone time in a jacuzzi while she's waiting for any call for dinner.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Done." Yoona announced after paying for their dinner later and the coming meals for their three days of stay and two nights in the beach resort. But as she turned her head behind, she just realized Seohyun's not around. "Where did that girl go?" Getting up, she looks for her around the room even the obvious empty bathroom. She took her phone instead and called her before sitting on the sofa. "Yah, how could you leave me behind without telling me?" She greeted her with a question right away.

 

[Are you done?]

 

"Totally. Where are you?"

 

[I can see your pout. I just had to do something. I'm heading back there.]

 

Yoona raises her eyebrows. "What did you do?"

 

[I'll see you later.] Seohyun giggles before hanging up.

 

Yoona scoff in disbelief. "She's now keeping secret to me? I can't believe her." She put her phone down frustratingly and just return to her laptop. She sighs and just continue her game. Just a couple of minutes she focusses her mind on it, she was reminded by her bucket list which made her stopped the game and got up to get the diary from her backpack. "Wash the dishes for mom, play and learn piano with Unnie, play games with Grandma, cooking for them, buy them a car, bring them to the beach... cele...brate birthday early." she stopped on the next thing she'll do. Going back to the sofa, she took her phone and check the next meals for them. "Right, tomorrow lunch would be great." Her eyes sparkled as she gets excited with her decision.

 

"I'm back, deer Yoong!" Seohyun's voice was heard brightly from the door which cause for Yoona to rush towards her.

 

"Where did you go?" Yoona ask with her eyebrows rising, demanding for an answer.

 

"Just there." Seohyun replied casually walking pass her girlfriend but she was held back on her arm. She chuckled to see the doe-eyed's funny suspicious gazes. "Don't get it wrong, it was just a quick-"

 

"Just tell me so I will not think you are doing something behind me." Yoona firmly interrupted the younger.

 

"Fine. I just talked with a college old friend. He's working here." Seohyun said and smile. "Happy?"

 

"Who?"

 

"Just someone."

 

"Who?"

 

Seohyun chuckles. "You're so adorable." She pinched her cheeks, couldn't resist how cute she looks like. "Kim Taehyung."

 

"Okay." Yoona nodded in understanding. She finally let go of her. "You guys caught up only with each other?"

 

"Yes, just like you and Gyuri." Seohyun throws her body to the bed and let out a huge yawn. "He looks so fine as a chef."

 

Yoona joined her to the bed. "What?"

 

"But you're finer." Seohyun didn't miss a beat and she cup her girlfriend's face, shaking her head. She leaned in and peck on her lips in the process.

 

Yoona didn't think twice and she pulled her girlfriend close so she could cuddle with her.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun giggles, pinching her cheeks again. Her sulk face just melted her heart that instant. "By the way, aren't we going out now for dinner?"

 

"Let me cuddle for a while." Yoona softly says, bringing her face close to her girlfriend's neck, earning giggles from the latter.

 

Seohyun couldn't resist and she hugs her girlfriend tight. "Yoongie, Yoongie, Yoongie... " and randomly sings a song using her name while patting her back.

 

"What are you doing?" Yoona asks.

 

"My pretty Yoongie, My baby Yoongie." Seohyun continued her antics. "My goddess Yoongie... my little Yoongie."

 

Yoona can't help and giggle as her smile grows on her face the more, she listens to her girlfriend's song.

 

 

:::

 

 

After excusing herself to the comfort room, Yoona returned to their table to see her family are already having their desserts but she noticed Seohyun is not around. "Where's Seohyun, Omma?" She asks curiously.

 

"She just left to the comfort room too you guys didn't meet?" Came Mrs. Im's response while rising her brows.

 

Yoona shook her head a little. "I didn't see her there." She casually took her spoon and dig on her ice cream on the glass.

 

"Yoong, so what's the score?" Tiffany just couldn't keep shut about her sister's love life.

 

"Score? My game?" Yoona innocently replied.

 

"No. Why would I ask that?" Tiffany chuckled. "You and Seohyun. What's the score between you two?"

 

"She means what are you guys doing? What is the relationship status?" Mrs. Im added in excitement.

 

"Aren't they friends?" Grandma Im butted to the conversation. She's confused what are they trying to ask her grand child.

 

"They are grandma but there's something going that we can sense." Tiffany said and smile amusingly to the eldest.

 

"I see. So what's the score Yoona?" Grandma Im asks Yoona directly.

 

Yoona smiled awkwardly doesn't actually know how did they noticed it but she's definitely in a hot seat that she doesn't know if she's going to answer them truthfully or not or will she just ignore. 'Seohyun, help.' But one thing is for sure, she needs her girlfriend by her side to help her.

 

As if her thoughts are heard, she and her family suddenly start hearing birthday song.

 

"Happy Birthday to you!"

 

"Happy Birthday to you!"

 

And the staffs of the restaurant are gathering around their table clapping their hands on the beat of the song while wearing caps and holding cupcakes that has candles.

 

"Who is having a birthday?" Mrs. Im asks in confused but is also liking it. Tiffany also joined the songg before Woojin and Grandma Im joined. Everyone are just too confused except the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona who knows what's going on recalled how her girlfriend left her. "Ugh, she's doing it." She couldn't help and blush as she covered her face with her hands.

 

Just then, Seohyun appeared with a cake on her hand and a birthday hat on her head while she's joining the birthday song.

 

"Wait, we're celebrating Yoona's birthday too early?" Tiffany finally realized which everyone has also. "Aigoo, this is so sweet." She teasingly smiled to her shy and embarrassed sister.

 

"Happy Birthday our dearest, Im Yoona." Seohyun said and everyone claps their hands before she handed it to the super red, girlfriend.

 

"I hate you." Yoona sent her girlfriend some glares.

 

"Come on, make a wish, Yoona." Mrs. Im asks her daughter enthusiastically.

 

"Yes." Complying, Yoona close her eyes as she clasps her two hands. Unfortunately, since she's too shock and happy, there's nothing that comes to her mind that she's taking time to think until something crosses her mind. 'I wish I could still celebrate my birthday next year.' She opened her eyes back and finally blows her candle. However, she had to cover her face again when Grandma Im handed her a gift. She got emotional and cried behind her hands.

 

"Omo, Yoona." Mrs. Im and her grandma immediately took their seats next to her and hug her.

 

"Why are you doing this to me?" Yoona sobs harder.

 

"Aww, why is this so emotional night?" Tiffany is tearing up too but she chooses to hold it back and just watch in awe and pride to her family. Seohyun is quiet yet satisfied that her surprise for her girlfriend is a success.

 

Woojin who is wondering what's happening doesn't have to ask out loud as his focus was on the cake that he's enjoying.

 

-

 

Taking a deep breath and relaxes slowly, Seohyun glanced to her calm girlfriend already before she faces the rest. "Unnie, Mrs. Im, Grandma, I'd like to take this opportunity to announced that I and Yoona are dating." She softly said as she sweetly smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter