Plus One

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After having their dinner together as a couple, Yoona picked up her phone and scrolled down her contacts, pressed the call button to her mother's number and she immediately can hear the ringing. She waits for a couple of seconds only before her mom answered.

 

"Omma!"

 

[I was about to call you. Where are you? I thought you return home with your Unnie?]

 

"Yes, I did. But I decided to come to Seohyun's apartment. It's okay, right?"

 

[Of course. Are you sleeping over there?] Mrs. Im suddenly got excited when she heard it.

 

Yoona was a little surprised but she's happy to hear it. "Yes, Omma."

 

[Then it's totally fine. You guys must have missed each other a lot.] Mrs. Im giggles.

 

"Y-yes." Yoona stammers as she smiled a little to Seohyun who turned her head while she's washing the dishes. "I'll see you tomorrow, Omma. Good night."

 

[Good night honey.]

 

"I love you."

 

[I love you too.]

 

With that said, Yoona hang up and sighs in relieved. "Guess what? Omma seemed happy to learn I'm here."

 

"She trusts me more than anyone." Seohyun giggles.

 

"Yeah." Getting up, Yoona approached her friend turned girlfriend and stood next to her while watching her washing the dishes. She looked at her side profile and smile, mesmerized by her beauty and at the same time still in cloud nine that she and her long-time crush are now a couple. "What if I didn't return?" She randomly asks her.

 

Seohyun turned to face her. "What if? Then this wouldn't happen." She giggles.

 

"What?" Yoona frowns.

 

"But it happened right? Which means, this is meant to happen." Seohyun immediately takes her words back.

 

"Seohyun."

 

"What?"

 

Yoona stole a kiss on the younger girl's lips. "Just to remind myself I'm your girlfriend." She said with a grin. But instead of sweet words, Seohyun suddenly cups her face to spread bubbles on her face. "Yah!" She quickly pulled back and wiped them off. "Aish."

 

"Just reminding myself too that you're my girlfriend and that, you are not allowed anymore to flirt with any girls except me." Seohyun mischievously smiled. She was about to continue with the dishes when Yoona suddenly took bubbles from the sink and put it on her face. "Yoonaaaa!!!" She whined and was about to take her revenge with the culprit hastily run off. "Aish, that kiddo!" She wanted to chase her but she chooses to finish her work.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is in Seohyun's bedroom, looking around. She finds it nostalgic to see posters of her favorite Broadway musicals and old drama posters. It just speaks how theater give her influence. And then she noticed a bunch of opens on a small container which reminds her of their first encounter. What's cute about it, she still used pens with a puppy's figure on top. She really loves it until now. But what made her heart race is to see a moon bracelet on top of the night stand. She looked at her own bracelet and raises her eyebrows as it looked exactly the same. "D-Did... Unnie gifted her the same? Or what?" She got goosebumps at the same time because there's something strange about it. "No wonder she asked... About this."

 

Seohyun who just walked inside the bedroom found the doe-eyed standing immobile next to the bed and facing the night stand. She immediately realized her bracelet was on the night stand and picked it up to put it inside the drawer.

 

"Seohyun, why do you have the same bracelet?" Ask Yoona curiously.

 

"I bought this a long time ago. I wasn't aware you have the same design." Seohyun explained and flashes a bright smile. "You should freshen up first, I'll follow after you."

 

"But the design, I thought it's a limited edition. Tell me, did my sister recommended that?" Yoona asks back wanted to know the details.

 

"No. I mean, I bought this before I know about your sister."

 

"That long?"

 

Seohyun bobs her head frantically.

 

"Okay. It's just strange. I mean, we even have the same bracelet." Yoona smiled and decided not to pressed it more as she trusts whatever Seohyun says.

 

"Wait." Seohyun hurriedly runs to the bathroom and check the shower. She was glad it's not broken anymore and walked out to see her girlfriend is checking her closet.

 

"Do you have loose shirt?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun find it for the doe-eyed and took it out from the closet. "Here."

 

"I'm borrowing your pajama shorts too." Said Yoona, as she flashes a bright smile to the younger girl and took the shirt from her. "Can I borrow you to the bathroom too? You know, it would be exciting." She teased playfully.

 

Seohyun took the towel and throw it to her head. "Go on your own or I will kick you out of my apartment." She threatened earning a giggle only as she proceeds to the bathroom.

 

Taking her seat on the edge of the bed, Seohyun sighs and fell on her back as a big smile spreads across her face. She had never felt the kind of joy in her heart at the moment. It's different from just finding a new friend. It feels like Yoona's love gives her new hope in life. But the thought of her cancer made her pout. She hastily when to her desk and opened her laptop to search about the tumors on the brain. Her eyes slightly widened to found out what will happen to a patient with a brain tumorm. It breaks her heart as she couldn't imagine for Yoona to experience loss of vision, seizures, memory loss and . "No way." She says under her breath as she felt like her entire body is shaking.

 

"Seo Joohyun!" Yoona suddenly calls her from the bathroom.

 

"Yes?!" She responded loud enough.

 

"The shower is not working! How am I supposed to finish this?"

 

Seohyun turned her head to the shower. "Aish!" She hurriedly took her phone and called the maintenance of the building asking them to hurry up and come into her apartment.

 

Yoona went out of the bathroom, wearing only the towel. "You didn't tell me the shower is broken." She chuckled as she approached her.

 

"I'm sorry. That actually works earlier but I already called the maintenance. They'll be here in a while." Seohyun replied apologetically.

 

"It's fine." Yoona said pinching her girlfriend's cheeks. "I can wait." She reassuringly smiled, taking her seat on the edge of the bed.

 

Seohyun sighs as she pouted. "It's your first time here yet you have to experience this."

 

"Yeah, should I ask you something for ruining my shower?" Yoona grinned and wiggles her eyebrows.

 

"What?" Seohyun just innocently replied.

 

"Let's play a game." Yoona quickly announced as it crossed her mind. "Come out with me." She got up and grabs her girlfriend's hand to drag her outside the room.

 

"We're playing a game while you are on towel?" Seohyun find it funny.

 

"Your fault." Yoona replied.

 

"Sorry." But she instantly apologizes. They settle down on the living room as Yoona brought the jenga to the coffee table.

 

"Every fall you get, I will flick your forehead. And you'll do in vice versa."

 

"Sure." Seohyun got excited. She had been wishing since their last game to have one on one with the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona grimace at the younger girl stretching her arms and her head while she brought the tower carefully. As soon as she was done, they played rock paper and scissor and she easily win which gives her the freedom to get the first block done.

 

"Let's see." Seohyun bit her lower lip as she slowly does the same on the other side. "First one!" She announced excitedly after getting done.

 

Yoona then proceeds with her turn and do it easily too. Seohyun takes her turn and the same result happened until their tower is now in its difficult level. Both could breathe properly as they take their turns seriously and carefully.

 

"YAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Seohyun literally scream as the tower falls and Yoona victoriously flicks her forehead so hard. A red spot slowly forms in her forehead.

 

As they resume the game, she still ends up losing and Yoona showed no mercy to give her a hard flick which continues for five times.

 

*thud*

 

"Seohyun are you alright?" Yoona quickly check on her girlfriend when she dropped on the floor after receiving her sixth lose.

 

"I'm done. I don't want to play anymore." Seohyun sighs while she can see starts in the air. She couldn't see her forehead but she feels like caught a fever with all the flick from her harsh girlfriend.

 

"You should freshen up first then." Suggested Yoona as she giggles in amusement.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun slipped on her way out after she accidentally stepped into a wet spot. "Aish!" She got pissed and kicked the floor. But good thing Yoona is nowhere to be found.

 

Getting up, she massages her hips while looking around her room. She was about to leave when she realized a figure is sitting on the bench on her balcony. "Aigoo." She approached her and surprised her when she touches her shoulder. "What's up?"

 

"Aish, I'm playing." Yoona took her seat back and continue playing the game on her phone. But she shifted her attention to her girlfriend immediately when she realized she's holding her hip when she took her seat next to her. "Are you hurt?"

 

"Yes. I slipped. It hurts." Seohyun replied while flinching.

 

Yoona hurriedly scotted closer and help her massage the pain. "Should I get you pain reliever?"

 

"Wipe the wet floor first and buy me a pain reliever." Seohyun instructed softly.

 

"Right away." Quick, Yoona went to get a wiper and just easily dry it off. But before she can return, she heard her girlfriend's phone, rings on top of her desk. "Hyun, who's Woojin?" she asks as she picked it up and brought it to the balcony.

 

"Oh, one of my students in Hope Orphanage." said Seohyun, taking the phone from the older girl.

 

"He? He has a phone?" Yoona casually took her seat next to her girlfriend.

 

"Nope. This is the orphanage's mother superior." Seohyun replied and hush the doe-eyed before she answered the phone call. "Sister Lee, what can I do for you?"

 

[Are you at home?]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter